Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hey guys!
coming over from the BMW side of things to enjoy some nice American muscle!!! hopefully you guys are as welcoming as the e90post crew.
Coming from a german car with tuned suspension and amazing handling, I was expecting this to handle like a boat. boy was I surprised. surprised enough that I drove off the lot with a 2015 5.0!!!
can anybody get me up to speed on the lingo here?
what is PP? our engine is the s550?
also, has anybody had any problems with SYNC or the comfort access thing? sometimes mine wont unlock and requires me to take the key from pocket and hit the unlock button...I know, tragic first world problem. also sometimes my phone will randomly disconnect from the Bluetooth. kind of annoying, but I don't need music, just the roar of this engine!
thanks a lot!
Sponsored

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey bud welcome! My buddy has been giving me so much flack that I'm going with another mustang over a BMW. Glad it turned you!

What phone model do you have? Updated software on that phone?

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
PP = Performance Pack

S550 is the generation code. So you'll hear Fox (79-93), SN95 (94-04), S197 (05-14), and S550 (current).

The 2011-2015 5.0 is known as the Coyote (its engine code name in development).

EB = Ecoboost

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What E9X did you have? I've been a long time member over on E90post. Still lurk there and make the occasional post.

PP - performance package.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
has anybody had any problems with SYNC or the comfort access thing? sometimes mine wont unlock and requires me to take the key from pocket and hit the unlock button...I know, tragic first world problem. also sometimes my phone will randomly disconnect from the Bluetooth. kind of annoying, but I don't need music, just the roar of this engine!
thanks a lot!
No and no. Haven't had either of those problems. May I ask... what do you mean "won't unlock"? Do you mean when you put your hand inside of the handle the doors don't do anything?

Sponsored

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Put your thumb on the ridges of the handle and hold it there like it's an actual button and it will stay unlocked while you pull the handle. Took me awhile to figure it out.

OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What E9X did you have? I've been a long time member over on E90post. Still lurk there and make the occasional post.

PP - performance package.
I had an 08 e90 328i in sparkling graphite. with AA tune and exhaust and was about to order the headers.
I was always left wanting more..and I was pretty much at the limit for bolt ons (minus ESS supercharger).
I sold the e90 and was at a dealer looking for a 335i e92 with 6MT, and the sales guy kept trying to push me into a e90 328i. telling him how stupid he was, and that I wanted a 335i, he kept pushing the sale of the 28i. needless to say I went to the ford dealership and for 2k more then he was going to sell me a 335i for, I drove off the lot with a brand new gt with 20 miles on the clock!

OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey bud welcome! My buddy has been giving me so much flack that I'm going with another mustang over a BMW. Glad it turned you!

What phone model do you have? Updated software on that phone?
iphone 6...and its updated. I disconnected and then resynced the phone and it seems to be working better.

OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No and no. Haven't had either of those problems. May I ask... what do you mean "won't unlock"? Do you mean when you put your hand inside of the handle the doors don't do anything?
yes. it clicks and sounds like it unlocks, but when you pull the handle its still locked. also, I sat in it and closed the door and the alarm went off..:shrug:

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Put your thumb on the ridges of the handle and hold it there like it's an actual button and it will stay unlocked while you pull the handle. Took me awhile to figure it out.
The ridges on the handle is where you touch to lock the doors. When you grab the inside of the handle the door unlocks.

I haven't had any issues with the locks this winter but the Focus ST I had would occasionally not unlock if there was a lot of road grime on the handle requiring the use of the fob.

Sponsored
OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ridges on the handle is where you touch to lock the doors. When you grab the inside of the handle the door unlocks.

I haven't had any issues with the locks this winter but the Focus ST I had would occasionally not unlock if there was a lot of road grime on the handle requiring the use of the fob.
I honestly have no problem using the key :)
I had a little buyers remorse the day and night of the purchase but now I absolutely love it. btw, I almost got the focus ST but after learning its not AW it was a deal breaker. I don't want FWD car. those two front wheels are responsible for power, cornering and braking. while the rears are just along for the ride.

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
my phone has never randomly disconnecd, im always listening to Spotify that would piss me off. You may have a crappy phone, is it made by Apple?

OP
OP

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my phone has never randomly disconnecd, im always listening to Spotify that would piss me off. You may have a crappy phone, is it made by Apple?
ha. yes sir I do. I use spotify too. I don't think the 6 is shitty. one of the best phones ive ever had. as a matter of fact, no phone is shitty. its a handheld computer that connects to a satellite to connect you with people and things. amazing little piece of tech.

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
yes. it clicks and sounds like it unlocks, but when you pull the handle its still locked. also, I sat in it and closed the door and the alarm went off..:shrug:
I just started having the same issue with mine today.
Really strange.
I hear the click like it is unlocking but the door stays locked until I use the fob button.
Happened twice today but worked fine a few minutes ago.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
If you listen to the tone of the clicks, you can tell the difference between locking and unlocking. Just this morning I had issues grabbing the backside of the handle and heard the distinct click of it locking and not unlocking. Multiple times. About the 4th try I could hear it unlock.
I've had this happen when it's raining, but this morning no rain, but a heavy dew covering the car. It seems to be moisture related.
I'm going to start a list for the service manager and this is second. First is the notchy shifting when cold.
Sponsored