Sponsored

5.0 Dyno Chart Compilation

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
I don’t know different dyno different day, etc?

How

how’s it possible for a stock Bullitt to have that kind of hp when mine with a e85 tune and Roush cai came out to 429? A stock Bullitt has 20 more hp stock then a normal gt.
Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
How

how’s it possible for a stock Bullitt to have that kind of hp when mine with a e85 tune and Roush cai came out to 429? A stock Bullitt has 20 more hp stock then a normal gt.
You mentioned the shop performed the Dyno test on your car in 3rd gear. If your can has a stock manual mt-82, that is not the 1:1 gear and will not give the best result. It also looks like they used STD correction for the Dyno as some use SAE. These will yield different results in and of themselves on same Dyno, same car. STD will typically read higher than SAE. Different dynos can be calibrated differently which would again vary results when comparing to others. Finally, there are variances between cars on how much power they make. You could have 2 brand new Mustang GTs with same options, bone stock run on the same Dyno 30 minutes apart and make different numbers which could vary quite a lot of one makes less than average and the other makes more than average (build and manufacturing differences). All this together makes comparing your numbers to someone else's a moot point. What is the better value in a baseline Dyno is when you start modifying, comparing results on the same Dyno before/after mods. Then you have a better indication on your gains.

Forgot to mention depending on Dyno correction and calibrations, location altitude and weather conditions can also affect numbers. The best comparisons would be Dyno results on the same Dyno on the same day/time of cars both run in 1:1 gear.

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
You mentioned the shop performed the Dyno test on your car in 3rd gear. If your can has a stock manual mt-82, that is not the 1:1 gear and will not give the best result. It also looks like they used STD correction for the Dyno as some use SAE. These will yield different results in and of themselves on same Dyno, same car. STD will typically read higher than SAE. Different dynos can be calibrated differently which would again vary results when comparing to others. Finally, there are variances between cars on how much power they make. You could have 2 brand new Mustang GTs with same options, bone stock run on the same Dyno 30 minutes apart and make different numbers which could vary quite a lot of one makes less than average and the other makes more than average (build and manufacturing differences). All this together makes comparing your numbers to someone else's a moot point. What is the better value in a baseline Dyno is when you start modifying, comparing results on the same Dyno before/after mods. Then you have a better indication on your gains.

Forgot to mention depending on Dyno correction and calibrations, location altitude and weather conditions can also affect numbers. The best comparisons would be Dyno results on the same Dyno on the same day/time of cars both run in 1:1 gear.
so really the only way to test my gains would be to race another mustang at the track that has the same mods?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
so really the only way to test my gains would be to race another mustang at the track that has the same mods?
SO many variables at the dragstrip. Autos are much easier to get consistent times. But, that said the real test of any car in the 1/4 mile is racing at the strip in the 1/4 mile! Dynos don't mean much if a person doesn't shift, launch, etc properly. That's why you can see GT500s (2014 and down), hellcats, etc do so poorly at the strip. And some guys with much less power win. Talent, patience, coordination, etc.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just wanted the dyno graph, to see more or less the torque curve and peak, to know how to drive the car the most efficient way. Will search for LMR and Steeda to see if they posted a chart, since I'm not interested at the peak numbers, but where the peaks are :D. Will have to work for that chart, I guess. Ha ha. Thank you guys.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I just wanted the dyno graph, to see more or less the torque curve and peak, to know how to drive the car the most efficient way. Will search for LMR and Steeda to see if they posted a chart, since I'm not interested at the peak numbers, but where the peaks are :D. Will have to work for that chart, I guess. Ha ha. Thank you guys.
The graph for a bone stock Bullitt is shown in this video.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They didn't show the torque curve, which is what I wanted the most, since the HP curve is pretty much an even line, curving at the peak, which some dynos show at around 6,500 rpm, but Ford says 7K. Will keep looking, for thanks anyway :D. Was curious if the Bullitt hit redline stock in 4th (1:1), since it has a higher top speed limit of 163 (vs 155), and the 3.73 Torsen diff. Regular GTs only get to 6,700 rpm or so before hitting the 155 speed limit, but I assume with 3.55.

After seeing the Steeda dyno guy rev the crap out of that Coyote (8K), which is obviously not the stock rev limiter, does anybody know at which rpm the engine cuts off? Google wasn't any help. Only the redline of 7,400 rpm is mentioned. I assume 7,500 or 7,600, but curious. Thanks.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They didn't show the torque curve, which is what I wanted the most, since the HP curve is pretty much an even line, curving at the peak, which some dynos show at around 6,500 rpm, but Ford says 7K.
Look again at time 1:00. I see both T and HP curves. The peak torque is around 4800 to 5000 RPM.

Capture.JPG

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Missed it; ha ha. Sorry about that. Thank you for posting it. Peak TQ is at 4,900 rpm, by the way, so right in the middle of your estimations :D. Is it possible to make a picture of that chart, or a .pdf? Would like to save it on my computer. Thank you.

EDIT: Forgot I bought a set of full jacking rails from Steeda (waiting for them), so asked them for the dyno file. Will post it here if I receive it, in case others want it :D.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missed it; ha ha. Sorry about that. Thank you for posting it. Peak TQ is at 4,900 rpm, by the way, so right in the middle of your estimations :D. Is it possible to make a picture of that chart, or a .pdf? Would like to save it on my computer. Thank you.
Here ya go ... see attached PDF. JPG also shown.

Stock Bullitt Dyno Chart.JPG

Attachments

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks a million brother; greatly appreciate it. Have a great long weekend, and that goes for everybody.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
AED E85 tune, AFE drop in, Steeda axleback, stock everything else. Clogged passenger side cat costing me at least 10-15hp too

sflGZgX.jpg

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
How did the cat get clogged on such a new car?

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Hey by chance did Shaun have any recommendations as far as intake goes? He knows so much I’d be interested what he thinks and if you should just stay stock intake. Great graph, really impressed with aed

AED E85 tune, AFE drop in, Steeda axleback, stock everything else. Clogged passenger side cat costing me at least 10-15hp too

sflGZgX.jpg
Sponsored