Sponsored

4 Piston Brembo Rear Brake Upgrade

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Oh, Bullshit...

Run T/C or don't run it. It changes nothing in the driving of the car. The only thing it will effectively do is reduce a little bit of wheelspin on corner exit and maybe save your ass if you make a mistake on entry. The fact that you don't slide off the track and bounce against the Armco to pay for an error does not make you some sort of lesser driver.

I run the 'track' T/C on every AutoX cold tire run. You want to be as aggressive as you can without spinning and this reduces that likelihood. Hot tire runs, I'll turn the T/C off. The difference is *maybe* a couple tenths, but with hot tires, it's a lot easier to play with the grip limits. This notion that you're somehow 'less than' if you run T/C is a straight up loss of bollocks.
I don’t have any autox experience but obviously you can’t compare the speed, “g” forces and the length (time) of a autox run to a road race or open track
Also your post show a misunderstanding of what TC, and stability control are and do
The computer look at your steering input and if the direction of the car do not match the projected angle, individual brake will be applied to get you back on the “right “ course
It’s why you overheat the rear brakes on a road course with tc/sb on
How long is an autox cross run?
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Sorry for being bluntly honest
I'll be equally blunt. You don't know shit from shinola. Don't attempt to pass yourself off as some sort of authority concerning driving. You are not one.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I'll be equally blunt. You don't know shit from shinola. Don't attempt to pass yourself off as some sort of authority concerning driving. You are not one.
I only have been racing for over 30 years. One of my ride

What’s your experience
Don’t need to reply. I won’t get into a keyboard fight
Have a good day

3A317CC6-1042-4524-A90F-7994EF04103D.jpeg

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Reliability? My dads 5.0 threw a rod through the block, and my 5.2 has 0 issues or 0 consumed oil after 8k miles. Point is don't take forum posts as a basis of engine problems a lot more goes into it. 8k is also less than 8,250 while I get to keep my powertrain warranty and you do not. The truck issue is not an issue the 5.0 is a great engine, but my point is a lot of people like to crap on the 350 for 0 reason when this thread is actually about something it comes factory with. The Mach 1 is really good car not here to crap on it, but it's price (mainly the HP) does not reflect in my opinion what you get compared to a super lightly used 350 (or even a new leftover) unless you want an automatic.
I agree that you can't use the forums as a quantifiable indicator of reliability....but there are just a ton of stories of Voodoo's blowing up, and not just on these forums. This feels especially significant relative to the small number of cars built. This is just my speculation, but you have to figure there is a reason the Ford is discontinuing the engine with so many positive GT350 reviews out there, and my guess is the cost of post-sale warranty support. RIght now, if the 350 is your second or third car, I don't think it's a huge issue if it is out of commission for a month for a new engine, but imagine the cost down the line when your warranty or extended warranty expires. I bet going forward the aftermarket warranty costs on these cars becomes exorbitantly expensive.

Yes the 5.0 does have reported failures, but there are just so many 5.0 engines out there....it's got to be less frequent, and if you had to pay out of pocked, significantly less expensive.

As far as the value perspective, I did a whole post on the Mach 1 v a used GT350, and I'm firmly a believer that it isn't even close in todays grossly inflated used car market. While I completely agree that the Mach MSRP is overpriced in comparison to the MY 2020 offerings, paying 2-4% under invoice for a Mach is leagues better than paying $70k for a used 2020 GT350. My $0.02.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
What’s your experience?
It always comes down to dick swinging and the mediocre guys are the first to pull it out. Have you ever seen the movie_Snatch_? This exchange is kinda like the pistol scene in the pub.

But, as I said, this is just an argument from authority. It's without substance. I could not care less about your experience. Let's hear your argument based on its merits, not based on your resume.

Literally every modern racing sportscar has traction control. TC, GT4, GT3, GTLM/E, Ferrari Challenge, Super Trofeo, Porsche Cup, LMP3, LMP2, LMDh, DPi, Hypercar, etc all have traction control. So, unless the argument is that every sportscar driver on the planet is incompetent, this discussion is a complete non-starter. Note: this fact has nothing to do with you driving around in some shitbox Trans-Am car from the 90's.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
It always comes down to dick swinging and the mediocre guys are the first to pull it out. Have you ever seen the movie_Snatch_? This exchange is kinda like the pistol scene in the pub.

But, as I said, this is just an argument from authority. It's without substance. I could not care less about your experience. Let's hear your argument based on its merits, not based on your resume.

Literally every modern racing sportscar has traction control. TC, GT4, GT3, GTLM/E, Ferrari Challenge, Super Trofeo, Porsche Cup, LMP3, LMP2, LMDh, DPi, Hypercar, etc all have traction control. So, unless the argument is that every sportscar driver on the planet is incompetent, this discussion is a complete non-starter. Note: this fact has nothing to do with you driving around in some shitbox Trans-Am car from the 90's.
Lol
https://flowracers.com/blog/turn-off-traction-control-when-racing/

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1-news-do-f1-cars-have-abs-and-traction-control/amp/

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, is this the best you can muster? C'mon, Cupcake, you can do better.

1. Yes, of course it is possible to go faster in a street car with the T/C turned off. T/C in a street car is just there to save your ass. It is not there to optimize performance. WE AREN'T EVEN TALKING ABOUT RACING. Everyone makes mistakes and it's nice to have the safety net. It doesn't somehow make you lesser driver. It makes you a smarter one.

Did you actually read what you linked? That first link reinforces MY position, not yours. One can very easily improve their driving with T/C enabled. For god's sake, we're talking about running around on a track day.

2. F1 cars have removed the easily definable forms of traction control specifically to increase the penalty for making a mistake and to encourage passing. They still have various throttle maps, diff maps, gear dependent engine mapping and all sorts of other helpers which essentially simulate the effect of traction control.

Do you really think that the average track day guy should be held to the same driving standard as a Formula 1 driver? Is that your final answer? Because it's a dumb one. A recreational driver should be concentrating on one thing, having a good time. If having T/C on or off achieves that goal, then do it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, of course it is possible to go faster in a street car with the T/C turned off. T/C in a street car is just there to save your ass. It is not there to optimize performance.
I would argue TC is designed more to save your pocket book, or otherwise reduce the likelihood of your race engineer murdering you with a handy wrench for wadding the car (again!!), and also not unnecessarily pissing off your sponsor who is sick and tired of paying to replace broken bits. :)

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I would argue TC is designed more to save your pocket book, or otherwise reduce the likelihood of your race engineer murdering you with a handy wrench for wadding the car (again!!), and also not unnecessarily pissing off your sponsor who is sick and tired of paying to replace broken bits. :)
We tested it back to back with a Pro driver (who won Nurburgring 24) TC On/Off doesn't change his lap times at all mostly because he don't enter the zone where it prevents him from doing what he want from the car which mean that really don't matter also his GT3 car has variable TC as well as ABS and he is using both of them. As about my driving I made over 10 seconds improvement over the course of the last 2 seasons on a 2 km long track. I'm happy with my progress so far.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
that is "your" opinion.

If the F150 didn't finance it, the Mustang doesn't get it. Sure, Ford may have given the nod toward the Mustang for the Coyote performance parameters but they fully expected to, and DO sell a sh*t-ton of Coyote in the F-150. For everything else there is MasterCard Ecoboost for that torque Feelz.
Totally incorrect. The 5.0 was designed for the Mustang. Unlike the GM engine which is an antiquated design glorified from the late 50s. The TT 3.5 and other turbo technology was designed originally with low end torque in mind specifically for truck use but adapted to SUV and car use.
The 5.0 is not a torque focused engine at all. It is a race engine mass produced which no US manufacturer has been able to compete with as far as Hp-tq/displacement.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The voodoo is a "race" engine with the reliability to match. And at 15000 units qualifies for "mass" production.

The coyote only keeps pace with that warmed over 60s crap LT1 and it's 455/455.

The truck or car argument is total nonsense. I only said that Ford intended to use the f150 to finance their little foray into a revvy v8. Of course they won't admit that to frothing at the mouth mustang chowder heads because they might think it's a "truck" engine all over again. But the f150 got the motor on day one. What does that tell you?

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
The voodoo is a "race" engine with the reliability to match. And at 15000 units qualifies for "mass" production.

The coyote only keeps pace with that warmed over 60s crap LT1 and it's 455/455.

The truck or car argument is total nonsense. I only said that Ford intended to use the f150 to finance their little foray into a revvy v8. Of course they won't admit that to frothing at the mouth mustang chowder heads because they might think it's a "truck" engine all over again. But the f150 got the motor on day one. What does that tell you?
I thought Ford developed the Coyote as a low-displacement option to compete with the GM muscle car lineup, and then developed it to support their other projects (F-150, GT350, GT500). Being offended it is offered in a truck is just dumb. Engine designs are expensive and time consuming, why wouldn't a manufacturer try and apply the tech across their product line?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Being offended it is offered in a truck is just dumb. Engine designs are expensive and time consuming, why wouldn't a manufacturer try and apply the tech across their product line?
Exactly. Whoever is offended, lack some fundamental understanding of how corporate world works and falls victim to pretty basic marketing. No corporation gives crap about exclusivity, just creates an impression of it.

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
I had posted this a while back, it has some good info in it - not sure if it’s what you’re seeking but may help.
Info about how dumb people are for wasting their money on an unneeded mod. How precious.

How about a Brembo 1 piston solution so MC’s and proportioning valves and recalibration isn’t needed. How about something that doesn’t look like a homemade spray painted rear brake from a 1992 Civic?

The brakes are awesome. The rears look like shit.
Sponsored