Sponsored

350 vs Roush

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
As a former Roush owner, RS3, 2014 GT500, and a Roush Trak Pack. The RS3 is a faster car, but the GT350 is a quicker car. At the end of the day, as many Roush owners can testify. At the end of the day, Roush doesn't hold much value in resale. Price point, the RS3 didn't have much competition in the market, it walks all over the Saleen, Steeda can't come close, the GT500 was fast, but you hope you don't see an apex, the RS3 and Trak Pack was a beast on the track hunting down M3s and Porsches. But with the introduction of the GT350, Roush and Ford can no longer compete against the GT350 in price point, value, looks, and speed.
Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Aside from the front end, all the Roush "signature" styling cues detract from the looks of a standard GT, including the dated wheels.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
So let's get real for a minute. You can buy that Roush for a lot less out the door than what dealers are asking with the ridiculous ADMs. Acting like every GT350 is a R model. Depending on what you're looking for in a Mustang the Roush should receive serious consideration. This is coming from a guy who greatly dislikes the fake scoops on the Roush.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
If the resale value is so low for Roush Mustangs , we all should maybe be looking to make a good deal on used Roush Mustangs.

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
What about the Saleen Black Label? Anyone on the forum have one? Haven't heard much about them.
Im not feeling that car, the styling cues almost make the car look bigger if possible. Saleen has some good tuning, but their styling is not my cup of tea.

It looks like Steeda has some 350 specific things coming that I will be looking forward as my 05 was all Steeda underneath with their hood/fasica/airfoil. Their stuff works in my experience. Not just slapped on.

The Q750 looks tough if you're going with GT base. At a minimum a lot of things you can take from it and apply to a GT.

https://www.steedavehicles.com/q750

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Im not feeling that car, the styling cues almost make the car look bigger if possible. Saleen has some good tuning, but their styling is not my cup of tea.

It looks like Steeda has some 350 specific things coming that I will be looking forward as my 05 was all Steeda underneath with their hood/fasica/airfoil. Their stuff works in my experience. Not just slapped on.

The Q750 looks tough if you're going with GT base. At a minimum a lot of things you can take from it and apply to a GT.

https://www.steedavehicles.com/q750
The Steeda's stance is on point. Man thats a damn good looking car.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The Steeda's stance is on point. Man thats a damn good looking car.

With no tacked-on, non-functional doodads. Not…one…single…scoop. Steeda's car is far and away the best tuner approach. They have a very close relationship with the factory too.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
With no tacked-on, non-functional doodads. Not…one…single…scoop. Steeda's car is far and away the best tuner approach. They have a very close relationship with the factory too.

I agree that I hate fake scoops but it's hard to get more factory-connected than Roush.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I agree that I hate fake scoops but it's hard to get more factory-connected than Roush.

Maybe so, but Steeda has a good relationship with Ford too. Their car is far superior in content to the RS3 with options like a Whipple 2.9, two Tremec trans options, brake upgrades, functional aerodynamicness versus tack-on hooyows, etc. I'm having to make up words to quantify how much more no-nonsense Steeda's approach is compared to Roush's.

Standard equipment includes heavy duty half shafts, a short throw shifter, and a top-notch supercharger. You can tell that they're much more performance-minded.

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
So let's get real for a minute. You can buy that Roush for a lot less out the door than what dealers are asking with the ridiculous ADMs. Acting like every GT350 is a R model. Depending on what you're looking for in a Mustang the Roush should receive serious consideration. This is coming from a guy who greatly dislikes the fake scoops on the Roush.
Local dealership got a couple and I test drove one. Stupid fake scoops aside, the car was impressive. It had the handling and ride quality of the S550 with the brute power of the '13/'14 GT500. The exhaust sounded pretty damned good too.

Problem was that as spec'd out, Premium GT PP + RS3 package + extra options, the price on the car was 69K. ...and as has been stated several times, the car is valued as a modded GT, so it won't hold the value. Even the dealer admitted that. If you're going to buy and keep it, you'll be OK. If you like to trade every year or two you might get burned.

I think you could still apply all of the current discounts/rebates for a GT (because that's what it is), and even use an x-plan pin on it, but you're still paying a pretty penny for the RS3 package.

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
There is an option on the Roush you can tick to delete the scoops. My dad's Stage 3 only came with the hood scoop.

The Roush is great, tons of power (With more available if you go phase 2) and with its coilovers it rides and handles really well. I'm also really impressed with the build quality considering it's a "tuner" car. I think it depends on what you really want out of the car and how you feel about resale. I don't think you can wrong with either.

Also, while it looks amazing the Steeda is 7K more than the Roush before options. You get a lot for the price, but I just felt like pointing that out.

Hughespj47

HughesPJ47
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track Pack, '09 MINI Cooper S, 94 SHO
Other than horsepower, it basically sounds like an apology for not being as good as a GT 350. I don't consider the automatic an improvement, at all! To me, the GT 350 exhaust sounds much better.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Roush is sticking scoops on side? Did they glue them or use double sided tape. SMH. Total failure. No thanks no bleeding stick on shit for me.
Sponsored