Sponsored

3.7 Forced induction

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I just saw a video of a turbo 3.7 put down 605 hp sealed motor. so with that being said what is the most hp on a sealed motor that any of you have heard of. Btw it was tuned by auto Mafia racing and what I have heard is around this hp that is close or at limit before having to go forged internals . Any input would greatly be appreciated.
600 is really the top end of the limit before you NEED to at least upgrade the pistons. I have seen a few 3.7s running 600ish rwhp on a daily (one at 623). I can't speak to how much that may shorten the engine life because the one I kept up with wrapped his car around a tree after about a year with his JMP TT kit. He had zero issues up to that point though. I plan on making 600rwhp for my kit and I won't be upgrading my internals (won't be a daily anymore).
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Run 18lbs on E85 until it blows, then take it out of daily duty and swap in a new motor!
Lol, i just dont want to tear down an engine and and add that expense into all this money I'm dropping as of late. If it goes down the road i will pick up a cheap engine and do the internals then...plus, I'm curious how long I can run it at those numbers. I haven't heard of any issues making that power on stock internals, just don't know what the long term looks like.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I'm tuning MPT remotely, then driving down for a dyno tune. I'm also only running 93 ocatane. I have meth inj but will be using winter washer fluid for cooling purposes only, not tuning for hp.

If your using HPT you might want to hit up Andrew Proffer (guy doing M122 supercharger kit). He bought HPT and has been reading up and finding stuff.
I'm using HPT also, I've actually had tech support add a couple of parameters that were missing. It was cool that they responded fairly quickly. Our engines use the same ecu as the coyote, but the OS is different obviously. The forums are full of people tuning the V8s so some of that info crosses over, but the V8s use a maf sensor and only fall back on the map when needed. Our cars are 100% MAP based. That actually makes them slightly harder to tune. Both are very complex due to being torque based and the independently variable intake and exhaust cams. Our OS has 14 different mapped points for the cam settings, spark tables, and torque tables. They all have to be tuned separately. I've read with the v8s that many tuners in order to save time will just tune at WOT and then set WOT to come on early. Our cars also use a completely different fuel system. Our cars use a 4bar fuel pressure. Most injector data comes calibrated for 3bar fuel systems. I think SCT may have a converter built in for this, but HPT does not, so you can't just plug in the data. I had a really hard time with my injectors because of this. I did eventually get them dialed in pretty close once I figured out how the system works. I actually got into somewhat of an argument with a guy on the HPT forums because he was trying to tell me that the data is copy paste, but it's not. I'm street tuning as this is my daily driver so the process is long. I'm currently on mapped point 7 so i guess I'm about half way.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
@USMCtoARMY @Patrick So I went to get my car tuned I did a smaller pulley good for 15 lbs and switched to ngk spark plugs and a bap. The car put down 460rwhp. If Iam correct it is at 9 or 10 lbs of boost. Now what kept us from tuning further the stock cats were preventing the tuner from getting more power. So now I might have to go the route of longtubes and off-road cats and mids I just don’t want anything to prevent it from getting the most out of it. The only thing is I liked the shortys due to keeping the rasp lower.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Just cut off the cats and put a good resonator in there, you'll be golden.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
That on pump gas? I assume it is. Not bad at all if you are. If you want to keep shorties get the lethal performance cat delete mid pipes or have your exhaust guy fab you up some 2 1/2 to three inch downpipes coming off your headers. Adding some straight thru mufflers and resonators will keep your exhasut velocity up and help ensure you have good sound without rasp. You should get better numbers, but if your not running e85 your close to safely running pump gas safely without an injection kit on the procharger. You definitely can squeeze more and more than likely on 93 get clsoe to 500whp. Post up some pics of that system and dyno my man!

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Ah, nevermind on the photos just gonna drop your VLOG link in here showing us all that, lol. Keep up the videos brother!

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
What's a good IAT? With the throttle opening and decent air flow I'm running around 10 degree above ambient with my budget A4 intercooler. It creeps up slowly when idling and takes about 10 minutes to cool back down once the car is moving again. I'm wondering how that compares to an expensive one.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Iat's should be between engine coolant temperature and ambient air temperature. Under cruise usually 20 degrees cooler than the engine coolant. Those would be pretty normal values. You should see a drop as soon as you open the throttle in an efficient cooling system. Lots of othet factors can affect the readings when talking about heatsoak though.

Sponsored

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Iat's should be between engine coolant temperature and ambient air temperature. Under cruise usually 20 degrees cooler than the engine coolant. Those would be pretty normal values. You should see a drop as soon as you open the throttle in an efficient cooling system. Lots of othet factors can affect the readings when talking about heatsoak though.
Wow I'm much cooler than coolant temp even when it's soaking. The highest I've seen it get was about 125. Crusing I'm running like 10 degrees above ambient. It's about 82 today and I was running 91 on the highway. It would get up to about 105 at the lights, takes about 5-10 minutes of open throttle to get back to 91

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Those ecoturbos shouldnt stress your system if your running conservative PSI. There just too small. I would only worry when you up your boost and you start seeing IAT numbers high 120s to 130 and above. At that point i would start looking at something more efficient from the aftermarket. Hell, even decent knock off Ebay intercoolers do well. A meth or water injection kit helps tremendously with pre-detonation on pump gas.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I'm getting over 6psi of boost with 3lb Springs and my controller set to the lowest possible setting. Starting to get the tune figured out. Next summer it'll be a beast. I pretty happy with my $45 used Audi A4 intercooler!
20190924_011503.jpg

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Love it man. You're doing it right. Over the winter you should send those turbos out to br upgraded, haha!