Sponsored

2K Rattle TSB coming.... eventually.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have never met a service writer worth their salt much less know what Ford is working on or not working on. Maybe one exist out there. I have yet to meet a technician that knows about "future" tsb's either.
Who knows? Only Ford Corp.
This. The dealers don't know anything.
Sponsored

devin2589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Anyone else notice the rattle is twice as loud when the motor is cold? Not sure if reprogramming the VCT will get rid of that. If so, great.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Anyone else notice the rattle is twice as loud when the motor is cold? Not sure if reprogramming the VCT will get rid of that. If so, great.
I've got the rattle and I notice it happens more/worse when it's cold. Even to the point that sometimes at high idle I'll hear it. I'm thinking it is fuel system related and that at certain throttle positions the HPFP or injectors rattle. Could be easy for them to program around, especially with the automatics and even with the manuals.

devin2589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I've got the rattle and I notice it happens more/worse when it's cold. Even to the point that sometimes at high idle I'll hear it. I'm thinking it is fuel system related and that at certain throttle positions the HPFP or injectors rattle. Could be easy for them to program around, especially with the automatics and even with the manuals.
If that were the case, ceratec wouldn't significantly tone down the noise. believe me, i'd love for it to be something that simple. mine has gotten louder over the past 600 miles. currently at 1800 miles.

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
People once again are confusing the typewriter tick and the 2500k rattle. They are not the same. Ceratec seems to help the tick but not the rattle.

devin2589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
People once again are confusing the typewriter tick and the 2500k rattle. They are not the same. Ceratec seems to help the tick but not the rattle.
my mistake. i thought it corrected the rattle. not the tick.

devin2589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I have the 2k slap, it's clearly audiable that as if something shuts of at around 2.5-2.6k rpm and the slap is almost gone. However I can hear a hint of similar sound higher up in the rpm range when stepping on it.
I've heard mine up until 4th gear and as high as 3000+ rpms. I've had mine documented. Haven't changed the oil yet. i'll have them cut the filter and check for metal. i'm just driving the car and enjoying it. if something does fail then that's why i have a warranty.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
i have the 2k rattle. only seems to be in 2 and 3rd gears. I have a 2019 pp2. built octoberish 2018.

Glad to see it wont cause any damage. Definitely interested to see when the fix will be released for the mustangs!

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
i have the 2k rattle. only seems to be in 2 and 3rd gears. I have a 2019 pp2. built octoberish 2018.

Glad to see it wont cause any damage. Definitely interested to see when the fix will be released for the mustangs!
Yep, that's EXACTLY my rattle situation.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can hear something, a hint up until 6k plus.
I did not have this in the first motor. Maybe the 2.5k+ slap I now have on top of the 2k is related to when they assembled everything :(

I've heard mine up until 4th gear and as high as 3000+ rpms. I've had mine documented. Haven't changed the oil yet. i'll have them cut the filter and check for metal. i'm just driving the car and enjoying it. if something does fail then that's why i have a warranty.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If that were the case, ceratec wouldn't significantly tone down the noise. believe me, i'd love for it to be something that simple. mine has gotten louder over the past 600 miles. currently at 1800 miles.
If it's an PCM programming issue, I doubt the rattle would be getting worse with more miles on the engine. Some of the 2K RPM rattle might be due to the PCM programming like Ford claims with the F-150s, but there may also be a piston clearance factor in it too.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Mine is the 1800-2200 or so diesel rattle that happens on very light throttle application. If you lightly press the throttle you can hear it come and then go.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Mine is the 1800-2200 or so diesel rattle that happens on very light throttle application. If you lightly press the throttle you can hear it come and then go.
Yep, that's known as the "2K RPM rattle". Only 2018+ Gen2 Coyotes exhibit that noise.

The BBQ tick (typewriter trick) is the random tickng at idle, and any Coyote since 2011 (Gen1 thru Gen3) can exhibit that noise.
Sponsored

Last edited: