04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Hi all,

I realize there are a lot of threads on the 2k rattle on here, and ive been reading through them. I picked up my oxford white 2019 GT last tuesday. Currently it has 850 miles on it. I noticed the rattle last thursday morning on my way to work and i passed it off as cold engine noise. since then I have noticed it because i have been listening.

When the engine oil is at operating temp i can here the noise anywhere from 1800-3000 RPM. which RPM range depends on the day and the gear it seems. It also happens on light throttle, but not really at idle. This all seems to indicate the 2k rattle issue.

Two things make me question this.

1. The noise is MUCH worse when cold, its embarrassingly loud.
2. I have heard the noise at 3600 RPM and even as high as 4k, although both are hit or miss.

Below is a link to two videos i took last night, I recommend using headphones. The plan is to take the car in at 2k for the complimentary Oil change I get, and have them look at the noise then.

Should i be concerned, or take it in sooner? My general thoughts are that if ford tells me the noise is normal, to run the car and ignore it as best i can, if there is a major issue, it will surely rear its head in 59k miles.
Sponsored

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
Yes that's the rattle, monitor your oil level because mines was drinking it up.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
Sounds just like my 19. If it isn't drinking oil and isn't down on power just drive it. There is a warranty if it fails.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Yes that's the rattle, monitor your oil level because mines was drinking it up.
I haven't found any corolation to rattle and oil consumption at all. It is good advise to pull your dipstick though...reading it correctly and adjusting for what you read seems to be a lost art though.
OP... temp never effects my rattle. It's just there sometimes and sometimes not. You in VA and it being August....revisit come January- February. I think what you are hearing is the nature of the 460hp beast
Sponsored