Sponsored

'22MY "late availability" - not any more!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
So I’m assuming Brittany Blue is only on the Heritage Edition Shelby?

EDIT: Never mind 🤦🏻‍♂️ I saw the answer in the other posts. There goes that option.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
It seems all of the colors/packages that were "late availability" aren't any more :like:

https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/2...es-options-no-longer-late-availability-items/

Seems odd, seeing as we're in the middle of (another!) shut down at Flat Rock. That being said, I thought the late availability colours (Purple/Green) were due in March, anyway.
Mach 1 Handling Pack it seems is not a Hold any more either. All of use that have that option now are "Unscheduled-Clean"

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
I still haven't heard of anyone with the late availability colors getting a build date, yet. I may be wrong, and please chime in if that's the case.

I ordered an EG GT on 10/19, I'm thinking I'll be one of the initial builds, but who knows.

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Probably no change, it's just that March/April delivery is technically pretty late for a '22. Honestly, all the dates are late for '22. Normal production usually would start in Sept/October, not January. Pandemic schedule I guess.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Thousands of Mustangs have been delivered, including some Mach 1's and thousands more are on order and still No 2022 BUILD & PRICE. I can't imaging the chip shortage or pandemic should be holding it up. It has been up and running in Germany, the UK, Australia and probably other countries, but not here at home, WTF?

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Probably no change, it's just that March/April delivery is technically pretty late for a '22. Honestly, all the dates are late for '22. Normal production usually would start in Sept/October, not January. Pandemic schedule I guess.
right but confirmation that all is currently clear for those late availability builds is great to see.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
This is good to hear. Nice to read that things are moving in the right direction versus another problem. Global pandemic, chip shortage, parts shortage, bridge blocking, no build/price and ADMs. All that, yet it still could be coming! :clap:

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford doesn't want you to have a coronary when you see the prices. Like the x01A package being inflated another 9% from last year. It's $2400 now. Last year 2200. MY20 it was $2000. Yeah sure those chips must be hella expensive. Not.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ford doesn't want you to have a coronary when you see the prices. Like the x01A package being inflated another 9% from last year. It's $2400 now. Last year 2200. MY20 it was $2000. Yeah sure those chips must be hella expensive. Not.
Just wait. The S650 is going to put the Mustang GT firmly into almost exclusively age 40+ buyers only due to the price. They are going to kill the Mustang by pricing it out of existence. I hate to say it, but that's what's coming.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Just wait. The S650 is going to put the Mustang GT firmly into almost exclusively age 40+ buyers only due to the price. They are going to kill the Mustang by pricing it out of existence. I hate to say it, but that's what's coming.
or mustang buyers finally get smart and start buying 100A/300A cars in size and spend their money with Katzkin and dip into the Ford/FP catalog for a couple of essential parts but otherwise give the factory options the heave ho. I'll bet nobody would cry if they didn't have heated seats and lane keeping, or dual-zone temp control or adaptive cruise or factory wheels and on and on, or for that matter Sync3 - just mount your phone where you can see it with a $100 mount.

It's high time the consumer pushes back and gives Ford the giant middle finger.

Corporate_Rebel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 23 T Bucket 13 F150 07 Roadking
or mustang buyers finally get smart and start buying 100A/300A cars in size and spend their money with Katzkin and dip into the Ford/FP catalog for a couple of essential parts but otherwise give the factory options the heave ho. I'll bet nobody would cry if they didn't have heated seats and lane keeping, or dual-zone temp control or adaptive cruise or factory wheels and on and on, or for that matter Sync3 - just mount your phone where you can see it with a $100 mount.

It's high time the consumer pushes back and gives Ford the giant middle finger.
I mean I ordered the 301 specifically for Apple Car Play, I've lived w/ base sync for years in my F-150 and i'm so tired of yelling Bluetooth Audio at my truck because there is no direct button to get to it on the base system. Totally agree on the rest of the points though.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I mean I ordered the 301 specifically for Apple Car Play, I've lived w/ base sync for years in my F-150 and i'm so tired of yelling Bluetooth Audio at my truck because there is no direct button to get to it on the base system. Totally agree on the rest of the points though.
It's 2022. The large SYNC system should be standard at this point. Unfortunately, though, it also makes your A/C controls on a touch screen, which I despise. (Yes I know some controls have buttons, but not all)
Sponsored