22 S550 Tracking Thread

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
85 Jeep, 04 Tbird PCR, Honda CRV, 22 Coastal LTD
I'm in the same boat.....I'm so sad today not to have gotten an email. Folks have said though that maybe tomorrow....I'm hoping they're right!
I ordered my 2022 on March 26th and it is just now getting built. I have never gotten any emails from Ford. I used the chat function on the website to get the VIN and used the vehicle tracker to keep up with what has been going on. This is the first and possibly last car I have ever special ordered and my first Ford in about 40 years.
Sponsored

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Dealer must not have submitted your email to Ford — I received emails at the major changes in status. But we are so fortunate to be able to get info from Ford Performance folks. Lack of transparency is a major issue with dealers!

Hopefully your car will be great — I just put 900 miles on mine in the Colorado mountains since pick-up on Tuesday and I absolutely love it!!!!
I ordered my 2022 on March 26th and it is just now getting built. I have never gotten any emails from Ford. I used the chat function on the website to get the VIN and used the vehicle tracker to keep up with what has been going on. This is the first and possibly last car I have ever special ordered and my first Ford in about 40 years.

rhorizon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT in Mischievous Purple
And today the tracker moved to shipped!

Now a very long way to Italy!
Can’t wait to see the photos when it gets there!

Blue Flame Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 GT 401A Mischievous Purple
I'm looking at ordering a mischievous purple GT premium 401A with a couple of options. Just wondering if there is still a chance to get one built before '22 MY ends. I really have my mind set on purple so 23 isn't an option. Anyone know? Hopefully it's not too late.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I'm looking at ordering a mischievous purple GT premium 401A with a couple of options. Just wondering if there is still a chance to get one built before '22 MY ends. I really have my mind set on purple so 23 isn't an option. Anyone know? Hopefully it's not too late.
Pull the trigger as soon as practically possible (read: run to the dealer NOW), and hope it does not get canceled in a couple of months.

Sponsored

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
I think they closed ordering down on the 10th of August.....I saw it on the Blue Oval Forum and a couple of folks here mentioned it. When checking on my order at my dealer on Thursday they indicated that as well. You should check though....maybe if ordering is shut down, they could locate an MP GT for you.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Order bank closed on MY22 on 8/10/22.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
If the dealer still lets you put in an order, then yeah there’s a chance. However, that chance is likely extremely small at this point. Most of the scheduling for October is done now, and it would be unlikely to be scheduled that quickly anyway, so you would be hoping for November but the plant will be switching over to building 23’s towards the end of the month. So it depends on many things, including how many outstanding orders the dealer already has and whether Ford can keep on schedule producing cars.

Blue Flame Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 GT 401A Mischievous Purple
I think they closed ordering down on the 10th of August.....I saw it on the Blue Oval Forum and a couple of folks here mentioned it. When checking on my order at my dealer on Thursday they indicated that as well. You should check though....maybe if ordering is shut down, they could locate an MP GT for you.
I actually looked at one nearly in my spec local to me but it's 15k over msrp haha and has a bunch of crappy dealer installed tack ons.

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
If the dealer still lets you put in an order, then yeah there’s a chance. However, that chance is likely extremely small at this point. Most of the scheduling for October is done now, and it would be unlikely to be scheduled that quickly anyway, so you would be hoping for November but the plant will be switching over to building 23’s towards the end of the month. So it depends on many things, including how many outstanding orders the dealer already has and whether Ford can keep on schedule producing cars.
Are you still waiting for your Mach 1 to be scheduled? Or do you have it already?

Sponsored

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
I actually looked at one nearly in my spec local to me but it's 15k over msrp haha and has a bunch of crappy dealer installed tack ons.
It stinks because the dealers mark them up. My local dealer marks them up 3k over sticker. Because I ordered, I got 7% off MSRP and a 500 dollar incentive from Ford when I ordered. So sticker was 45,590....Getting it for 42,200 after all fees included. I also don't want a 23 because I want the Mischievous Purple. Ordered 6/24, still not scheduled. I called Ford Performance and they said no hold ups, it's just scheduling.....

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR,18 EB Vert,12 GT500 Vert, 05 V6 Vert
Anyone know what this is? Was laying in the floor boards of my zero prep car.

1661613403499597993048615275810.jpg

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
They seem to have reinstated Mischievous Purple and Eruption Green to 2023
86FEC3EE-0B73-408D-9E5A-55B97124B108.jpeg

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
It stinks because the dealers mark them up. My local dealer marks them up 3k over sticker. Because I ordered, I got 7% off MSRP and a 500 dollar incentive from Ford when I ordered. So sticker was 45,590....Getting it for 42,200 after all fees included. I also don't want a 23 because I want the Mischievous Purple. Ordered 6/24, still not scheduled. I called Ford Performance and they said no hold ups, it's just scheduling.....
They seem to have reinstated Mischievous Purple and Eruption Green to 2023
57605A6D-21B4-4D09-A6A3-802AD33A52B2.jpeg
Sponsored