22 S550 Tracking Thread

bloomerfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Dang. They couldn't have put ours on the same shipment?? Fellow NC resident and mine has been sitting at the MI railyard for 31 days. I don't think there's much logic in the process.
Regardless, hope you enjoy and do a burnout for those of us still waiting!
Mine sat 25 days in 2 different railyards in Mich. Finally shipped via rail with Norfolk Southern into Winston Salem instead of Columbia SC which was a good thing because they are holding cars close to month before getting to dealer
Sponsored

K22GBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GBM HPP Ecoboost Mustang
Does yours come up as “shipped” even though it’s been sitting for 31 days? That is insane!
Yes. "Shipped" is factory's way of saying, "we ain't got it, but the dealer don't yet, either." Just somewhere in the 3rd party carrier limbo.

Mine sat 25 days in 2 different railyards in Mich. Finally shipped via rail with Norfolk Southern into Winston Salem instead of Columbia SC which was a good thing because they are holding cars close to month before getting to dealer
Ah, that explains it. Looking forward to Waiting Game Pt. 2. I went to get an oil change yesterday and visited my dealer - he swears 1-3 weeks. I chuckled and asked if he wanted to wager $2k off my sticker.

Not to scare anybody, but it's a possibilty the rail workers are about to go on strike. They're in the middle of a 30 day "arbitration" period now. Once that ends sometime in mid-September, if there's no resolution, good luck. Likely it won't come to that but might as well with how slow some of them already seem to be. I guess that's what happens when you cut a third of the industry's workforce and don't re-staff in time or compensate the overworked guys enough. Oh well.

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
I would suggest a chat with Ford Performance. They’ll tell you’re on a materials hold and might be able to give you more details than your dealer
So I took your advice and called Ford Performance! Thank you. Low and behold, nothing in my order is holding up my car like the dealer told me. Wow, they flat out lied. They had said the Coyote and the Black Accent Package were holding it up. Ford Performance said it's Unscheduled, Clean. No component hold ups. Hmmmmmmm

Bluey81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium(waiting), '12 Focus Titanium
So I took your advice and called Ford Performance! Thank you. Low and behold, nothing in my order is holding up my car like the dealer told me. Wow, they flat out lied. They had said the Coyote and the Black Accent Package were holding it up. Ford Performance said it's Unscheduled, Clean. No component hold ups. Hmmmmmmm
Smells like the dealer needs a dressing down. Games suck. If you dont know, say so. Then, they should get to finding out what's going on. We can do it, why can't they?

Gav1n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Ooof this waits gonna kill me lol. Ordered April 20th, build date originally August 29th, then sometime in the last 2 weeks pushed to estimated build week of september 5th, now showing scheduled build date September 16th.

Fingers crossed no more delays, I ordered through Military Auto Source, and had to finalize financing minimum 30 days before expected delivery, which was supposed to be September 23rd.

On order is a gt premium, only options are 401A, 10r80 and active exhaust.

Sponsored

H.O.T.A. Death

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Performance Package 6 Speed Manual
Yes. "Shipped" is factory's way of saying, "we ain't got it, but the dealer don't yet, either." Just somewhere in the 3rd party carrier limbo.

Ah, that explains it. Looking forward to Waiting Game Pt. 2. I went to get an oil change yesterday and visited my dealer - he swears 1-3 weeks. I chuckled and asked if he wanted to wager $2k off my sticker.

Not to scare anybody, but it's a possibilty the rail workers are about to go on strike. They're in the middle of a 30 day "arbitration" period now. Once that ends sometime in mid-September, if there's no resolution, good luck. Likely it won't come to that but might as well with how slow some of them already seem to be. I guess that's what happens when you cut a third of the industry's workforce and don't re-staff in time or compensate the overworked guys enough. Oh well.
Shit… That is not good. I’m worried since mine just went to shipped earlier this week. I hope it doesn’t sit in limbo. Also interesting about the railroad strike. Honestly though if it happened I wouldn’t be upset because seriously those guys get treated like absolute shit. I’d wait for more time on my car if it meant them getting a better work environment and a better quality of life.

K22GBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Shit… That is not good. I’m worried since mine just went to shipped earlier this week. I hope it doesn’t sit in limbo. Also interesting about the railroad strike. Honestly though if it happened I wouldn’t be upset because seriously those guys get treated like absolute shit. I’d wait for more time on my car if it meant them getting a better work environment and a better quality of life.
Yeah man for sure. I hope they get bank. Severely overlooked for how much the economy relies on their work. But if they can get paid before any strike and feel motivated to ship all these cars out asap as a sign of appreciation, I'm good with that too!

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR,18 EB Vert,12 GT500 Vert, 05 V6 Vert
I'm finally ready to share about my delivery 1 week ago Friday. Ordered 4/11.

The buying process from Burns Ford in Lancaster, SC was great. X Plan, $1000 retail, price protection = darn near $5000 off sticker! I think that is pretty good these days. And closing costs were only $100 and sales tax was $500. They also left it 100% as delivered from factory. Every sticker, cover, film, etc. Followed my in-service instructions to a T!

I can tell you I have been a critic of Ford's body panel fitment, alignment, gaps, levels, etc. And also of their paint, orange peel, etc. This is the best panel fit of any Blue Oval car (had at least 10) I have ever had. I guess it is good to get one of the first cars after a two week shutdown. It probably had to be measured, verified, calibrated, etc.

28 hours of in-service by me. Paint is 100% swirls free and like glass! @DFB5.0 would be proud!

I'm pretty stoked. Started saving for the supercharger. (It'll be awhile...~2 years)

Thanks for the support group.

20220826_133928.jpg

20220820_150208.jpg

20220822_172245.jpg

20220820_150141.jpg

20220821_152737.jpg

20220821_152933.jpg

20220826_134050.jpg

20220826_133734.jpg

20220826_133956.jpg

Last edited:

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
My car is home, I am one happy dude, and it is beautiful! More in a few days!! Two pictures from the parking lot at the dealer!!!

40E25BBD-FB75-4715-9FEF-1AA1A077A1B4.jpeg

CC41D99A-CD85-408E-A3E9-61FA54640433.jpeg
Stunner!!!

Sponsored

K22GBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
@Homebrw That's an absolute beaut! I may have to come visit when mine lands for some top tier detailing insight. Better stay off that dirty 485 loop for a while..

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
@Homebrw That's an absolute beaut! I may have to come visit when mine lands for some top tier detailing insight. Better stay off that dirty 485 loop for a while..
Thanks! I hope yours makes the big trip soon!

I'm kinda OCD/detailing nerdish.
9 separate steps on the exterior paint alone. Maybe (probably) overkill, but I enjoy it, and it is absolutely killer looking now.

485 scares me every day! Luckily I have an 18 year old convertible Mustang for DD activities. This one is a weekend warrior primarily.

Chris

BLACKMACH1NE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1
Well my stay in this thread was short lived. A dealer nearby messaged me. Someone backed out of their order and it just so happened to be exactly what I ordered. I did all of the paperwork today but couldn't drive it home because it still needed an inspection and final preps. Ill have it tomorrow. Good luck to you all.

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
I'm finally ready to share about my delivery 1 week ago Friday. Ordered 4/11.

The buying process from Burns Ford in Lancaster, SC was great. X Plan, $1000 retail, price protection = darn near $5000 off sticker! I think that is pretty good these days. And closing costs were only $100 and sales tax was $500. They also left it 100% as delivered from factory. Every sticker, cover, film, etc. Followed my in-service instructions to a T!

I can tell you I have been a critic of Ford's body panel fitment, alignment, gaps, levels, etc. And also of their paint, orange peel, etc. This is the best panel fit of any Blue Oval car (had at least 10) I have ever had. I guess it is good to get one of the first cars after a two week shutdown. It probably had to be measured, verified, calibrated, etc.

28 hours of in-service by me. Paint is 100% swirls free and like glass! @DFB5.0 would be proud!

I'm pretty stoked. Started saving for the supercharger. (It'll be awhile...~2 years)

Thanks for the support group.

20220826_133928.jpg

20220820_150208.jpg

20220822_172245.jpg

20220820_150141.jpg

20220821_152737.jpg

20220821_152933.jpg

20220826_134050.jpg

20220826_133734.jpg

20220826_133956.jpg
Beautiful! Congratulations!
Sponsored