22 S550 Tracking Thread

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
Opted to reach out to FP as well to see what they say. So far no "built" email but I got news similar to @The Dark Horse. Of course now the question becomes is it accurate. I'm cautiously optimistic but also not making any assumptions.

PS: Man I dread it whenever I see Leavy take the chat - I actually sat there waiting for 30 minutes [while attending another meeting] and he just kept saying he'd be with me shortly. Jeremy handled it in 2 minutes

1664476673287.png
Sponsored

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Premium Mischievous Purple Metallic
Opted to reach out to FP as well to see what they say. So far no "built" email but I got news similar to @The Dark Horse. Of course now the question becomes is it accurate. I'm cautiously optimistic but also not making any assumptions.

PS: Man I dread it whenever I see Leavy take the chat - I actually sat there waiting for 30 minutes [while attending another meeting] and he just kept saying he'd be with me shortly. Jeremy handled it in 2 minutes

1664476673287.png
Iā€™m hoping Iā€™m wrong but ā€œis it Releasedā€ is the question you should ask

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
Iā€™m hoping Iā€™m wrong but ā€œis it Releasedā€ is the question you should ask
Nah - I don't need to ask anything lol. I am not banking on a delivery date. I'm not making plans that would require it be here. I don't have a need for it. This is just good old anticipation and enjoying the experience. If it shows up Mid-October or Mid-November I'm ok. I'd probably start getting pissy if it was the end of November and I hadn't heard anything but hey right now it's all good.

to paraphrase what you said previously to someone else.. nothing means anything until you have the car. And if you didn't say that, you should. lol

But on the other hand, most of us posting have been watching or participating in this thread for quite some time, so I'm not so sure you need to rain on every post. LOL

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10

1664476673287.png
Whenever I see Leavey I immediately close the chat, wait a few minutes and try again. Jeremy is awesome

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y

Sponsored

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG

1664476673287.png
Agreed; I'm definitely not making any assumptions and am only cautiously optimistic. Nothing is real until its real.

It was Jeremy I spoke to as well; he has always been very responsive.

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
Apparently its a screenshot from the zone manager provided to my dealer.
Basically it tells me that the car is now in it's 10th unscheduled month.

I feel like getting f**d really good by Ford for spending my 60k$ with them.
I too got a nasty screen shot from the dealer yesterday. My car is not scheduled as of yet either and another dealer who I reached out to do a duplicate order with said it looks like my original dealer could have screwed me over. They said if I get an email from Ford to verify that my order is cancelled and they want to verify and I didn't cancel it myself, I should not respond to it. Found that interesting. They thought the price my original dealer agreed to with me was low and they probably are the cause of it not being built. It was in preview 3 weeks ago and mysteriously came out of that and went back to unscheduled......Feels so shady.

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Well I just received an email from Ford saying my car has been built! My blend date according to my window sticker was yesterday (9/27) and Iā€™m honestly shocked everything seems to have gone off without a hitch. They estimate it will arrive at my dealership between October 16th-22nd, so weā€™ll see if this lucky streak continues.

And if that ends up being true, that means from original order date (8/5) to picking up the car, it will have taken 10 weeks for me.

I genuinely feel awful that so many others have been waiting so long with no conceivable explanation offered. It makes no sense and is absolutely unfair. Iā€™m still thinking it has to be dealer allocationā€¦?

But if anyone waiting is looking for a nearly fully loaded grabber blue 2022 GT premium in coastal Georgia, I know where one will be for sale! Apparently, my first order was ā€œcancelledā€ but the car was still built ā€” I was curious and ran the original VIN for fun and it had its codes pop up the same time as my car. Fingers crossed the dealership doesnā€™t mix them up lol šŸ™ƒ
Following up on my previous post from yesterday ā€” and quoting it for reference!

Apparently, the car that was built AND shipped (as of 5am this morning) was the original car Iā€™d ordered that was missing the B&O upgrade. The dealer told me at the time that it was canceled and I assumed the car would still be built for them as stock, but I had no idea I would continue receiving emails about it and its status. The only reason I noticed it wasnā€™t the second car Iā€™d ordered is because the build confirmation included the VIN and I knew they didnā€™t match. So my actual car is still ā€œin productionā€ according to the tracker.

Itā€™s interesting to me that the only difference between the two cars is the B&O upgrade (both had the same build week of 9/26, so my real car may not be far behind). Even MORE interesting is that the build confirmation email went out at 5pm yesterday and by 5am this morning, I had another email confirming it had shipped! From what Iā€™ve been seeing on here, thatā€™s a pretty uncanny turnaround time for inspection to be completed and the car to be officially released? šŸ¤”

8590A4C5-4D62-4262-A8E0-D13FC213E64C.jpeg

If their system shows Iā€™ve ordered TWO cars, thoughā€¦.then the expedited processing canā€™t be related to the fact that this first car will just be dealer stock, Iā€™m guessing. So I donā€™t know how that car got through the process so quickly. Curious if my dealer will reach out to me about it soon since I havenā€™t heard a word from them at all since I ordered.

Ret_Sgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert, 19 Ranger, 12 E350, 11 GL450

1664476673287.png
I've had the same experience with Leavy, three times.

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
Well with today being the last day of any potential clean up scheduling for 2022, I'm glad and feel even luckier I was able to find my exact spec car at another dealer and pulled the trigger. Put my order in 5/2 and radio silent other than a couple 45 day emails... Quite wild.. best of luck all

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So my car is not in preview and dealer says it probably won't be built as a 22.
Mystic Purple with red interior convert sitting on the lot, just saying... Call Jason and insist on some special pricing treatment for taking the car off his hands - "Friends of Matt" special. Website price be damned. :)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you guys think it's possible that my dealership is trying to be sneaky and sell my car?
unlikely. Their data-feed comes from Ford and it sounds like they just send the feed on to Edmunds. You see this many places - cars advertised as inbound and for sale but not really.

Ford really needs to clean up their act in the data feed. Any custom order should automatically be masked off from purported dealer stock.

And Ford thinks it's going to move to a custom-order model going forward? Someone needs a royal spanking.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
unlikely. Their data-feed comes from Ford and it sounds like they just send the feed on to Edmunds. You see this many places - cars advertised as inbound and for sale but not really.

Ford really needs to clean up their act in the data feed. Any custom order should automatically be masked off from purported dealer stock.

And Ford thinks it's going to move to a custom-order model going forward? Someone needs a royal spanking.
I agree, it really shouldnā€™t be that way as it is quite misleading. But the dealers probably donā€™t mind as it likely brings them more traffic and attention, even if itā€™s for cars that arenā€™t available. Iā€™m sure Ford could implement a team to change how orders appear on the website automatically, but currently I donā€™t think theyā€™re involved much. I mean many brands have websites that looks similar, so likely theyā€™re using similar services that do the same thing. I know the same happened with an order my dad placed at a Chevy dealer, so not exclusive to Ford. But yes I agree, if Ford is really planning on a custom order model, the technology needs some serious upgrading.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

While I donā€™t disagree, itā€™s technically part of the dealerā€™s inventory until the customer takes delivery. There are the rare occasions when a customer backs out of the order and the dealer is stuck with it (although in these times theyā€™ll gladly take the car to sell). They could probably clean it up a bit and mark it reserved or sale pending or something along those lines.

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
I've had the same experience with Leavy, three times.
Hahah Jeremy is my favorite! Every time I connect with him I start with ā€œthank god itā€™s you!ā€ And if I get anyone else, I beg to be transferred to Jeremy. No luck with that as of yet. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored