22 S550 Tracking Thread

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You don’t know how many times I was told in July, “No order banks are open right now and we don’t know when they will open.” Called 3 different dealerships.
I called another dealership and they said “I don’t know why they told you that but we can get your order in today over the phone.” An hour later I had a confirmation from ford.
Amazing how some dealers either don’t know what they’re doing or just straight up lie.
Sponsored

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
Honestly sounds like you need a new dealer. How do you know you are a priority 2? Have you seen paperwork that says you are priority 2? I ask because the dealer cannot assign you below a 10. Ford can only assign below 10. The way your dealer talks with you, it wouldn’t surprise me that they are lying.
I did reach out directly to Ford.com chat and they confirmed I was at a Priority 02. That being said, it clearly has not helped. My dealer also said they have an allocation of 22 more mustangs so they are sure mine will be scheduled this week. I have no confidence in them at this point as I seem to know more than they do. I was told that because 3,000 ford employees were laid off recently that many of them were "schedulers" and it is all automated now and they have no control over anything. It just seems like one of those stories that keeps changing and getting more ridiculous.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Amazing how some dealers either don’t know what they’re doing or just straight up lie.
Sometimes it’s just a matter of speaking with the right person. I was in the business for many years and each dealer usually has only one or two managers that fully understand the ordering system. Most sales people don’t have a clue. They only know what they’ve been told. Many of the mega dealers will have whole depts devoted to ordering vehicles across many product lines. This forum along with the Blue Oval forum and the FP people are who we should be using for our information, unfortunately!

BLU3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Atlas Blue Mustang EB 101A, Active Ex.
My mustang was shipped and delivered to my dealer same day 8/4, and I picked it up from the dealer 8/5. I ordered it on May 5 and drove it off the dealers lot August 5, exactly 3 months.

Apologies for the late posting of the photos, it's been raining here in Chicago the last few days. So not had the chance to take good photos outside. Instead, been installing various parts on the car. Most visible being the hood vent. Roush axle back exhaust is going on tomorrow.

Well, here is my Mustang GT premium in Carbonized gray with ceramic color seats.

Screenshot_20220810-130130_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220810-130139_Gallery.jpg
I orderred dark ceramic seats too... but my window sticker says the car has ebony seats. I wonder why..

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Sometimes it’s just a matter of speaking with the right person. I was in the business for many years and each dealer usually has only one or two managers that fully understand the ordering system. Most sales people don’t have a clue. They only know what they’ve been told. Many of the mega dealers will have whole depts devoted to ordering vehicles across many product lines. This forum along with the Blue Oval forum and the FP people are who we should be using for our information, unfortunately!
I agree. I usually look for the sales people that have been with the dealership for a good amount of time. If they don’t have one, I go right to the sales managers. I refuse to deal with sales people that don’t have a clue. I guess I’m lucky I’ve got good relationships with 2 local Ford dealerships to the point where I only deal with the GM at one of them. My sales person that I bought my ‘22 from has been a Ford sales person for 20 years and mostly with the same dealership.

Sponsored

Bluey81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium(waiting), '12 Focus Titanium
Here she is! Also one with my 13 year old who also has the car bug 😁. Dealership left everything untouched outside and inside just as I requested. Also did NOT drill the front plate as requested. Beyond excited, such a fun car. Track mode is louder than I expected and sounds fantastic. Hopefully everyone that’s still waiting gets theirs soon. Also thanks to everyone that helped inform me of the process along the way and for all the kind words. I’ll still be around to provide words of encouragement and provide any helpful info that I can.

D5A49E1A-66DF-416E-9655-27E5101148CD.jpeg

4EE3E7AE-5807-4E19-9640-E6DC4B8EE53F.jpeg
Congratulations! My kiddo came with me to pick up ours after my PPF and ceramic coating appointment. An incredible feeling. I hope he's as into cars someday as I am. Enjoy your ride!
20220916_092022.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Congratulations! My kiddo came with me to pick up ours after my PPF and ceramic coating appointment. An incredible feeling. I hope he's as into cars someday as I am. Enjoy your ride!
20220916_092022.jpg
That’s awesome! Enjoy as well, gotta start them young!

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
20220916_092022.jpg
That came out really great...really pops. Did you do a full or partial PPF?

Bluey81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium(waiting), '12 Focus Titanium
That came out really great...really pops. Did you do a full or partial PPF?

Thanks! I did a partial PPF. The whole front end is done, A pillars, partway up the roof, rockers, and the flares on the rear quarters. Everything else got paint correction and ceramic. Here's a shot outside. Ive been out to the garage several times just to take it all in too.
Resized_20220916_170324.jpeg

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
:angry:

2022-09-18 10_42_25-Window.png

Sponsored

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
Thanks! I did a partial PPF. The whole front end is done, A pillars, partway up the roof, rockers, and the flares on the rear quarters. Everything else got paint correction and ceramic. Here's a shot outside. Ive been out to the garage several times just to take it all in too.
Resized_20220916_170324.jpeg
I don't blame you; I'm fairly certain that I'll be sleeping in the garage the first night or two after mine is delivered!

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
My build has been pushed back another 2 weeks. Hearing a few MY22 orders in Oz are getting cancelled by Ford. If a VIN has been assigned can they still cancel the build?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
My build has been pushed back another 2 weeks. Hearing a few MY22 orders in Oz are getting cancelled by Ford. If a VIN has been assigned can they still cancel the build?
Yes they can, they did a load last year

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Yes they can, they did a load last year
Not good. Gut feeling is that this will happen. :(
Would just be nice to know the reason.
Sponsored