22 S550 Tracking Thread

Ret_Sgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert, 19 Ranger, 12 E350, 11 GL450
Well Ladies and Gents, I wish you all the best luck in getting your Mustangs, Monique arrived Monday and I picked her up yesterday with all of 6.7 miles on her.

Still needs a bit of cleaning, PPF, Ceramic and tint but she's here.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. For what it's worth, my sister ordered a Mach E December 23rd, she received the "built" email today.
IMG_2044.JPG
IMG_2045.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG
Sponsored

SpursTedLasso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium, PP & Magneride
Still no updates on my end. Blend date of 9/1. Been “Produced” since 9/6. It is now 9/28. 6.5 months since I ordered. Dealer is a friend, they’ve been told nothing. FP chat has nothing to offer.

I have nothing else to say at this point besides that this is a total joke. Absolute amateur, unprofessional, unsophisticated, and uneducated performance from Ford Motor Co. Custom order a $60,000 car and they can’t even be bothered to just jot down what is holding the car up. Can’t even tell me where the car is. Honestly has completely killed the excitement I had for what should be my “dream car” if it ever gets built. 100% nightmare experience and would never do this again.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well Ladies and Gents, I wish you all the best luck in getting your Mustangs, Monique arrived Monday and I picked her up yesterday with all of 6.7 miles on her.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. For what it's worth, my sister ordered a Mach E December 23rd, she received the "built" email today.
IMG_2044.JPG
IMG_2045.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG
Congrats! Looks great, enjoy!

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Hey how long did shipping take to Houston? My car will be sent to houston through rail, if its ever released.
11 days. they said it would arrive between 9/26-10/02 and it arrived 9/26.

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
i think this option will be rare enough to where the wheels might be coveted later on.
I got them because they just make the car look more mature rather than racecar.
I did the exact same thing when I built my car out — didn’t care for the look of the black wheels at all and clicked around until I found something that felt a bit more “classy” that was able to be paired with the PP1 lol

I definitely should have done more research first on all the different types of wheels, their weight, performance, forged VS cast, etc. but this is all a learning experience for me! Definitely glad I opted for them now seeing them on your car. What a beauty! đŸ€©

Sponsored

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
What does the tear tag indicate? I must have missed that earlier. Mine says AMT1.
If I understand correctly, it means your vehicle has a Power Control Module (PCM) assigned to it. Not sure if it means it's been installed but logic would say it's not long after and it would be installed if it hasn't been already.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Beautiful. I went with Rapid Red, but this was a close second. Enjoy! Beautiful!

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
Still no updates on my end. Blend date of 9/1. Been “Produced” since 9/6. It is now 9/28. 6.5 months since I ordered. Dealer is a friend, they’ve been told nothing. FP chat has nothing to offer.

I have nothing else to say at this point besides that this is a total joke. Absolute amateur, unprofessional, unsophisticated, and uneducated performance from Ford Motor Co. Custom order a $60,000 car and they can’t even be bothered to just jot down what is holding the car up. Can’t even tell me where the car is. Honestly has completely killed the excitement I had for what should be my “dream car” if it ever gets built. 100% nightmare experience and would never do this again.
Ditto! Could not have said it better.

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
So my car is not in preview and dealer says it probably won't be built as a 22. I am so disappointed and discouraged. We'll see what tomorrow brings but I don't think I'll get a build date. I think I will tap out at this point and not order again as it has been a horrible experience. I was so looking forward to my car and now I'm so disappointed and went so long without a car for nothing. A shred of hope that I wake up to a build date email, but didn't sound that way according to dealer. I hope that others still waiting get that good news tomorrow. Sending good vibes.

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
So my car is not in preview and dealer says it probably won't be built as a 22. I am so disappointed and discouraged. We'll see what tomorrow brings but I don't think I'll get a build date. I think I will tap out at this point and not order again as it has been a horrible experience. I was so looking forward to my car and now I'm so disappointed and went so long without a car for nothing. A shred of hope that I wake up to a build date email, but didn't sound that way according to dealer. I hope that others still waiting get that good news tomorrow. Sending good vibes.
Have you given thought to ordering a MY23 via a different Dealership? I would guess that the issue is the dealership you went to didn't have the allocation spots And to be honest, they should have been able to tell you that when you ordered it. By the end of June there wasn't much math left for them to do.

If you get the right dealership you can have that 3 month turn around that quite a few people have experienced. (dependent upon parts issues of course)

Sponsored

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Well I just received an email from Ford saying my car has been built! My blend date according to my window sticker was yesterday (9/27) and I’m honestly shocked everything seems to have gone off without a hitch. They estimate it will arrive at my dealership between October 16th-22nd, so we’ll see if this lucky streak continues.

And if that ends up being true, that means from original order date (8/5) to picking up the car, it will have taken 10 weeks for me.

I genuinely feel awful that so many others have been waiting so long with no conceivable explanation offered. It makes no sense and is absolutely unfair. I’m still thinking it has to be dealer allocation
?

But if anyone waiting is looking for a nearly fully loaded grabber blue 2022 GT premium in coastal Georgia, I know where one will be for sale! Apparently, my first order was “cancelled” but the car was still built — I was curious and ran the original VIN for fun and it had its codes pop up the same time as my car. Fingers crossed the dealership doesn’t mix them up lol 🙃

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
i gave up on MY22 build a couple of weeks ago and switched dealers and ordered a MY23. i highly recommend using Ourisman out of Manassas. Hopefully it works out for both of us but this is a different type of market than we have ever seen. If you love the car don’t give up because of a poor dealer experience. I doubt your dealer even had the allocation necessary. As a side note, there is no Mustang scheduling for this week so I doubt anyone will be getting any happy notes tomorrow.

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
Uhh guys I have a question. I'm still waiting for my car to come in. Still "produced" like many others. ETA is 9/27-10/3.I just happened to google "new mustangs for sale near me," and... low and behold I find my exact car that *I* ordered ON EDMUNDS with my dealership's name, the price on my window sticker, alll the details about the car and MY VIN. It has the stock/ "in transit" photos still, states that it's in transit, and no photos of the actual car but I'm furious. Do you guys think it's possible that my dealership is trying to be sneaky and sell my car?! Or is it possible that it's just an autogenerated thing because my car is already in production and in the system?

Sking1983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2022 Mustang GT/CS
Uhh guys I have a question. I'm still waiting for my car to come in. Still "produced" like many others. ETA is 9/27-10/3.I just happened to google "new mustangs for sale near me," and... low and behold I find my exact car that *I* ordered ON EDMUNDS with my dealership's name, the price on my window sticker, alll the details about the car and MY VIN. It has the stock/ "in transit" photos still, states that it's in transit, and no photos of the actual car but I'm furious. Do you guys think it's possible that my dealership is trying to be sneaky and sell my car?! Or is it possible that it's just an autogenerated thing because my car is already in production and in the system?
I wouldn’t be worried about this. I will go out on a limb and say it’s autogenerated. I have looked at a few cars during my wait and some have the custom order green window sticker. I am keeping an eye out on my dealers website to see if mine shows up.

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
i gave up on MY22 build a couple of weeks ago and switched dealers and ordered a MY23. i highly recommend using Ourisman out of Manassas. Hopefully it works out for both of us but this is a different type of market than we have ever seen. If you love the car don’t give up because of a poor dealer experience. I doubt your dealer even had the allocation necessary. As a side note, there is no Mustang scheduling for this week so I doubt anyone will be getting any happy notes tomorrow.
Apparently they are doing clean up scheduling tomorrow, the 29th. My dealer sent me a screen shot of his screen. It said some may be built missing some requested options or cancelled altogether. I posted the pic a couple of pages back....But he said mine is not in preview so it looks bad for me. They are a large dealer and he insists they still have plenty of allocation remaining. Mine is the only 22 order they have left. All others are now 23s. It just really sucks. I have contacted another dealer and will most likely order through them if I do decide to torture myself again. There is a similar car, only in black (I really want purple) about 50 miles away from me. I am also pursuing that as another viable option. It was a special order someone didn't take. There's always Camaros too...I've had my share of both but really am wanting a Mustang this time. Sold my SS to get this new special order Mustang.....
Sponsored