22 S550 Tracking Thread

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
Nah - I don't need to ask anything lol. I am not banking on a delivery date. I'm not making plans that would require it be here. I don't have a need for it. This is just good old anticipation and enjoying the experience. If it shows up Mid-October or Mid-November I'm ok. I'd probably start getting pissy if it was the end of November and I hadn't heard anything but hey right now it's all good.

to paraphrase what you said previously to someone else.. nothing means anything until you have the car. And if you didn't say that, you should. lol

But on the other hand, most of us posting have been watching or participating in this thread for quite some time, so I'm not so sure you need to rain on every post. LOL
Did you just say… enjoying the experience? Man, can I have some of that positivity?! LOL
Sponsored

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
Did you just say… enjoying the experience? Man, can I have some of that positivity?! LOL
Exactly! Send some this way as well! 🤣

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
85 Jeep, 04 Tbird PCR, Honda CRV, 22 Coastal LTD
Since your blend date was just 2 days ago, you may be lucky and get to built in a few days. My fear is that us who have cars waiting for parts in a parking lot are the lowest priority. If new parts come in, it makes sense for them to use those on vehicles in the assembly line to get those cars out of the way. And then when they have time, they will start installing parts on the vehicles sitting on a lot. But I would argue that produced and built are not the same thing, at least in todays chip shortage world. I'm sure in normal times, a car is produced, QA, then marked built but it seems like now Produced means you went through the assembly line and may or may not be missing parts. I'd love if my car miraculously shows up at the dealership tomorrow at the end of my delivery window, but that is unlikely. Searching across ford forums all across the internet, it seems only one or two people ever received their vehicle without being "built" first.

I don't mean to sound negative but when I've been "Produced" for a month and my delivery window closes tomorrow, it seems very very unlikely.
I spoke with Ford yesterday. My car is produced and not waiting on any parts, but is still sitting in the lot at the plant. I suspect that the rail business last month is the reason.

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
I confess.... Being semi-retired (at 52) really changes one's overall attitude about most things in life. Lol.

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
I confess.... Being semi-retired (at 52) really changes one's overall attitude about most things in life. Lol.
Meanwhile I check the trackers every hour and get increasingly aggravated each time 😂

Sponsored

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
Meanwhile I check the trackers every hour and get increasingly aggravated each time 😂
Lol there are some events and activities I'd have loved to take the mustang to but... It'll happen next year or it just wasn't meant to happen lol. Still hoping to do the Tail of the Dragon with the fall colors but we'll see.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Lol there are some events and activities I'd have loved to take the mustang to but... It'll happen next year or it just wasn't meant to happen lol. Still hoping to do the Tail of the Dragon with the fall colors but we'll see.
Meanwhile I just want my car before it gets cold here. My 99 7.3 is a dog in the winter, takes forever to warm up so I'll be shivering trying to drive for 10 minutes before heat enters the vents lol.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Meanwhile I just want my car before it gets cold here. My 99 7.3 is a dog in the winter, takes forever to warm up so I'll be shivering trying to drive for 10 minutes before heat enters the vents lol.
you're in Texas? Cold? Who ya kid'n? :)

Last edited:

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Daily Ordertrack.app update:
1664550096878.png

I would love if 36 days was all I had to wait.

Sponsored

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG

Fedj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1986 SVO, 1995 Mstng GT, 2020 Edge ST, 22 Mstng GT
previously I posted about the PP Nickle finish optional 850$ upgrade wheels that a guy had. If anyone is interested, here is what I figured out. Sadly, way out of my reach.

front part number JR3Z1007H list price is $1834.00 each + a core charge (I did bother to ask)

rear part number JR3Z1007J list price is $ 1725.00 each plus core charge.

my hopes are crushed.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
my hopes are crushed.
Ford wheels are HEAVY. You can find split-5 from a few different places for about $1400 a set and even if you need to get them polished and/or coated, you're still MILES ahead.

One of the big Ford online dealers was selling Mach 1 HP wheels for $1000-1200'ish a set. They might have much better pricing than your local parts department.

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
Tell us how you really feel. Just kidding;)

To me, it begins at the top. It's another Pharley Phuk up. A once great company is going to be transformed and transplanted six feet under by this inept CEO. WiKi says he sits on Harley Davidson's board as well. How's that workin' out so far?
Inept CEOs are common these days. Some companies will fare better than others.

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
Lol I feel ya there! I hate the cold and 40 is definitely cold (for me). Did I mention I don't even have 4k on my "daily driver" that I got last November? Semi-retired/work from home life is awesome lol
Sponsored