22 S550 Tracking Thread

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Uhh guys I have a question. I'm still waiting for my car to come in. Still "produced" like many others. ETA is 9/27-10/3.I just happened to google "new mustangs for sale near me," and... low and behold I find my exact car that *I* ordered ON EDMUNDS with my dealership's name, the price on my window sticker, alll the details about the car and MY VIN. It has the stock/ "in transit" photos still, states that it's in transit, and no photos of the actual car but I'm furious. Do you guys think it's possible that my dealership is trying to be sneaky and sell my car?! Or is it possible that it's just an autogenerated thing because my car is already in production and in the system?
I always assumed that ā€œin transitā€ coupled with ā€œreservedā€ meant the car was custom-ordered and is on its way, but is already sold (to you)? At least that BETTER be the case! Have you checked your dealershipā€™s site to see if itā€™s also listed there? The cars on my dealershipā€™s page look like this:

2448C46B-6BE5-462C-8AFC-C2EBBCCFCF87.jpeg

Thereā€™s also a message beneath the listing details that says: ā€œThis vehicle is reserved by another customer and is unavailable for inquiry at this time.ā€

Iā€™d call them up for sure to inquire. Maybe itā€™s good news!
Sponsored

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
Well Ladies and Gents, I wish you all the best luck in getting your Mustangs, Monique arrived Monday and I picked her up yesterday with all of 6.7 miles on her.

Still needs a bit of cleaning, PPF, Ceramic and tint but she's here.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. For what it's worth, my sister ordered a Mach E December 23rd, she received the "built" email today.
IMG_2044.JPG
IMG_2045.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG
Congrats; she's a beaut!!!!

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Well I just received an email from Ford saying my car has been built! My blend date according to my window sticker was yesterday (9/27) and Iā€™m honestly shocked everything seems to have gone off without a hitch. They estimate it will arrive at my dealership between October 16th-22nd, so weā€™ll see if this lucky streak continues.

And if that ends up being true, that means from original order date (8/5) to picking up the car, it will have taken 10 weeks for me.

I genuinely feel awful that so many others have been waiting so long with no conceivable explanation offered. It makes no sense and is absolutely unfair. Iā€™m still thinking it has to be dealer allocationā€¦?

But if anyone waiting is looking for a nearly fully loaded grabber blue 2022 GT premium in coastal Georgia, I know where one will be for sale! Apparently, my first order was ā€œcancelledā€ but the car was still built ā€” I was curious and ran the original VIN for fun and it had its codes pop up the same time as my car. Fingers crossed the dealership doesnā€™t mix them up lol šŸ™ƒ
Awesome to hear; congrats! Pretty quick build from blend date....encouraging news for those with the same blend date.šŸ˜‰

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Uhh guys I have a question. I'm still waiting for my car to come in. Still "produced" like many others. ETA is 9/27-10/3.I just happened to google "new mustangs for sale near me," and... low and behold I find my exact car that *I* ordered ON EDMUNDS with my dealership's name, the price on my window sticker, alll the details about the car and MY VIN. It has the stock/ "in transit" photos still, states that it's in transit, and no photos of the actual car but I'm furious. Do you guys think it's possible that my dealership is trying to be sneaky and sell my car?! Or is it possible that it's just an autogenerated thing because my car is already in production and in the system?
Either way...I would be calling the dealer ASAP for an explanation......

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Apparently they are doing clean up scheduling tomorrow, the 29th. My dealer sent me a screen shot of his screen. It said some may be built missing some requested options or cancelled altogether. I posted the pic a couple of pages back....But he said mine is not in preview so it looks bad for me. They are a large dealer and he insists they still have plenty of allocation remaining. Mine is the only 22 order they have left. All others are now 23s. It just really sucks. I have contacted another dealer and will most likely order through them if I do decide to torture myself again. There is a similar car, only in black (I really want purple) about 50 miles away from me. I am also pursuing that as another viable option. It was a special order someone didn't take. There's always Camaros too...I've had my share of both but really am wanting a Mustang this time. Sold my SS to get this new special order Mustang.....
I would recommend that you donā€™t cancel the order with your dealer and see if yours rolls over. With a priority 2 on a rollover, Iā€™m sure youā€™d be right at the front. And then, go order a 23 at another dealer. Take whichever comes first. The other dealer will understand and sell the car, business is business.

Sponsored

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
Apparently they are doing clean up scheduling tomorrow, the 29th. My dealer sent me a screen shot of his screen. It said some may be built missing some requested options or cancelled altogether. I posted the pic a couple of pages back....But he said mine is not in preview so it looks bad for me. They are a large dealer and he insists they still have plenty of allocation remaining. Mine is the only 22 order they have left. All others are now 23s. It just really sucks. I have contacted another dealer and will most likely order through them if I do decide to torture myself again. There is a similar car, only in black (I really want purple) about 50 miles away from me. I am also pursuing that as another viable option. It was a special order someone didn't take. There's always Camaros too...I've had my share of both but really am wanting a Mustang this time. Sold my SS to get this new special order Mustang.....
I wouldnā€™t give up. MP is such a great color. Follow others advice. Order a 23.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
As others have said, it automatically populates in the dealer system. Mine did as well. The window sticker pops up which clearly shows a custom order so youā€™re fine. I would take that as a good sign that your car may very well be en route to the dealership.

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
85 Jeep, 04 Tbird PCR, Honda CRV, 22 Coastal LTD
Hey how long did shipping take to Houston? My car will be sent to houston through rail, if its ever released.
Same question here.

ptmwriter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
85 Jeep, 04 Tbird PCR, Honda CRV, 22 Coastal LTD
Still no updates on my end. Blend date of 9/1. Been ā€œProducedā€ since 9/6. It is now 9/28. 6.5 months since I ordered. Dealer is a friend, theyā€™ve been told nothing. FP chat has nothing to offer.

I have nothing else to say at this point besides that this is a total fucking joke. Absolute amateur, unprofessional, unsophisticated, and uneducated performance from Ford Motor Co. Custom order a $60,000 car and they canā€™t even be bothered to just jot down what is holding the car up. Canā€™t even tell me where the cocksucking car is. Honestly has completely killed the excitement I had for what should be my ā€œdream carā€ if it ever gets built. 100% nightmare experience and would never do this again.
I agree. This will be the last Ford I ever order. Back to Hondas for my daily driver.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Still no updates on my end. Blend date of 9/1. Been ā€œProducedā€ since 9/6. It is now 9/28. 6.5 months since I ordered. Dealer is a friend, theyā€™ve been told nothing. FP chat has nothing to offer.

I have nothing else to say at this point besides that this is a total fucking joke. Absolute amateur, unprofessional, unsophisticated, and uneducated performance from Ford Motor Co. Custom order a $60,000 car and they canā€™t even be bothered to just jot down what is holding the car up. Canā€™t even tell me where the cocksucking car is. Honestly has completely killed the excitement I had for what should be my ā€œdream carā€ if it ever gets built. 100% nightmare experience and would never do this again.
Tell us how you really feel. Just kidding;)

To me, it begins at the top. It's another Pharley Phuk up. A once great company is going to be transformed and transplanted six feet under by this inept CEO. WiKi says he sits on Harley Davidson's board as well. How's that workin' out so far?

Sponsored

Fedj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1986 SVO, 1995 Mstng GT, 2020 Edge ST, 22 Mstng GT
i think this option will be rare enough to where the wheels might be coveted later on.
I got them because they just make the car look more mature rather than racecar.
Agreed, I got spoiler delete. I like the low key look and totally would have optioned those wheels had I known. The black wheels scream PP. I like the sleeper aspect. If anyone has part number for those wheels I would love to get it and check with my local parts counter how much they cost. Probably 850$ option to get wheels ford asks 1000$ each for with my luck.

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
So I got some information that may be some good news. I reached out to FP chat just to see if they had any update that might be different than the order tracker (In Production).

Sure enough, I was told that the car is "In Production-Produced" with a delivery eta of 10/14-10/20. The rep confirmed that the terminology was synonymous with "Built", and the car should be delivered to the dealer during the noted time frame.

My understanding is that the tracker is notoriously behind on actual status, however I am hopeful to get the email from Ford indicating it is built and shows the same eta for delivery. Once received, I'll feel a bit more confident of the build status. Fingers crossed!!

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
So I got some information that may be some good news. I reached out to FP chat just to see if they had any update that might be different than the order tracker (In Production).

Sure enough, I was told that the car is "In Production-Produced" with a delivery eta of 10/14-10/20. The rep confirmed that the terminology was synonymous with "Built", and the car should be delivered to the dealer during the noted time frame.

My understanding is that the tracker is notoriously behind on actual status, however I am hopeful to get the email from Ford indicating it is built and shows the same eta for delivery. Once received, I'll feel a bit more confident of the build status. Fingers crossed!!
Since your blend date was just 2 days ago, you may be lucky and get to built in a few days. My fear is that us who have cars waiting for parts in a parking lot are the lowest priority. If new parts come in, it makes sense for them to use those on vehicles in the assembly line to get those cars out of the way. And then when they have time, they will start installing parts on the vehicles sitting on a lot. But I would argue that produced and built are not the same thing, at least in todays chip shortage world. I'm sure in normal times, a car is produced, QA, then marked built but it seems like now Produced means you went through the assembly line and may or may not be missing parts. I'd love if my car miraculously shows up at the dealership tomorrow at the end of my delivery window, but that is unlikely. Searching across ford forums all across the internet, it seems only one or two people ever received their vehicle without being "built" first.

I don't mean to sound negative but when I've been "Produced" for a month and my delivery window closes tomorrow, it seems very very unlikely.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Great, Ford Performance says my delivery window is now 10/24 - 10/30. It was 9/24 - 9/30.

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Premium Mischievous Purple Metallic

not to rain on your parade but I think the key word you need to hear is released. We have been in production/ produced for a month.

look I hope you get your car, but until you get the shipped notification or your dealer calls to say itā€™s here I think your in the same hold pattern

I am pretty sure I will miss my second window at this point 10/17 - 10/23
Sponsored