Sponsored

22 GT and Mach down 10hp… Is this true?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of have to wonder why Chevy has to use seriously larger engines to make HP. Kind of like the Camaro SS being a tad faster on the 1/4 mile than the Mustang GT yet it took 1.2L more displacement to do it.
2v vs 4v. single-cam vs 4 cams. Torque down low vs HP up high with more revs. Camaro motor is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper to make and much easier to package. Both arrangements have their place. The 'maro motor spins really good once you tune it. Not quite Coyote mind, but impressive none the less.
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I majored in economics. That said, I have a number of geology and meteorology courses under my belt. I graduated college in 2008, so climate change was certainly a thing back then. I watched Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth."

Yes, I flat out deny humans are responsible for climate change, and further I do not believe the situation is dire.

As the climate changes, we will adapt. The adaptations we are pushing for now (electric everything) is completely silly, and is only a method of making a new round of billionaires as I mentioned. Fear is a powerful motivator (see Covid-19) and the problem is that most people are not afraid of climate change. Those who are will claim they are more highly educated and enlightened, and those who deny are ignorant. Sadly, the climate movement pushes this type of thinking and it has become much like a religious cult where members give up more and more of their lives to some sort of pseudo-god leader, much like followers of climate change are willing to give up large homes, ICE vehicles, even eating meat, and considerably more. Of course, a quick study of climate "leaders" reveals they continue to live lavish jet-setter lifestyles and have very large environmental footprints all while they tell us what we cannot have.

Nevertheless, I respect all opinions, including yours.
We are probably at an impasse then. The science and math behind climate change seems pretty fundamentally obvious to me as well as to [almost] every remotely rational person I know personally, across the political spectrum, and the only thing that I can imagine preventing someone from believing it is momentum. Aka unwillingness to accept change, especially if it could be for the worse. Hell, even Trump was finally willing to admit humans are causing climate change in his debates with Biden.

It's unfathomable to me how there could be more money motivating belief in something that will require us to significantly change our way of life than there would be money from the myriad powerful incumbents denying the need to do so. Especially if the science backed that up. It's a lot easier to convince people to preserve existing billionaires than it is to convince them to print new billionaires. It's one of the axioms of the American oligarchy, and related to why there is so little financial mobility in the world. Let alone printing new billionaires while simultaneously giving up luxuries they've grown accustomed to.

But like you, I [try to] respect all reasonable opinions and to keep an open mind. Maybe, given your economics background, you can help me understand why you think the big money is in climate change cultism?

Last edited:

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is that no real solutions are forthcoming. While all of these countries at the climate summits pretend to work on solutions, they are just looking at ways to line pockets of the elite. Hell, even those who claim to be champions of the environment (Al Gore) are some of the largest polluters in the world.

It's hard to take anything about climate change seriously when those who claim to want to do something about it are hypocrites.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The science and math behind climate change seems pretty fundamentally obvious to me as well as to [almost] every remotely rational person I know personally
because they haven't read any HONEST science. The 'climate change' panic is predicated on incredibly dishonest "scholarship".

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
because they haven't read any HONEST science. The 'climate change' panic is predicated on incredibly dishonest "scholarship".
What's your idea of "honest" science?

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
something that isn't laughably dishonest on it's face. Have you read any of the so-called papers "proving" AGW climate change? They're a disgrace.
Let's not beat around the bush. Do you have an example of a peer-reviewed scientific publication that refutes man-made climate change? One that you consider honest and valid?

Because... there are quite a few that confirm the phenomenon.

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
Got to love California regulations.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Let's not beat around the bush. Do you have an example of a peer-reviewed scientific publication that refutes man-made climate change? One that you consider honest and valid?

Because... there are quite a few that confirm the phenomenon.
The picture below is obviously from fake news cnn but the point is still valid.
The loudest voices on climate change seem to be so wrong, so often. You don’t have to look back too far to read about the horrors of the coming climate cooling that was coming. Then it became global warming. Now it’s just climate change and every time there’s a hot day or a snowflake that falls it’s “evidence” of why. And there never seems to be any consequences for being wrong. I am all on board with caring for the planet and life that exists on it. But it has to be done within reason. Just picking arbitrary dates to turn off the use off fossil fuels is not realistic. Screaming that we have 10 years or else is not helpful as our heavy chested, light brained congresswoman from New York likes to do. As I’ve said before, you (not you personally) can’t tell me to make life changing sacrifices to my way of life if you are jetting to Europe for climate conferences. Why didn’t they all carpool on one jet? Or do zoom? Seemed to work for the rest of us the last 18 months during the pandemic. Another subject by the way that all of the science experts were often wrong about, and still continuously show their asses on a daily basis. Don’t tell me the sea levels are rising and we won’t have a coast! But then publish glowing stories about the beach front property that obama purchased in the hamptons. Maybe he’s only planning to stay there for 10 years before the climate erupts?
why are all of the science experts and political hacks so against nuclear? At the very least I don’t hear them supporting it. Awfully hard to not think there is an agenda at play…….that has nothing to do with the climate.

F58B755C-91A4-471B-9DC7-A7120BFAFA18.png

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry but China gets a pass
Right. Up here in Canada we are paying Carbon tax, and our pathetic gubment is selling our carbon credits to China & India so they can continue to pollute. Here, we can turn off all emissions tomorrow in Canada & it would make zero difference cause we are pretty close to being carbon neutral for a while now.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right. Up here in Canada we are paying Carbon tax, and our pathetic gubment is selling our carbon credits to China & India so they can continue to pollute. Here, we can turn off all emissions tomorrow in Canada & it would make zero difference cause we are pretty close to being carbon neutral for a while now.
Same here. The United States could turn off every light today and it would hardy make a wrinkle in the total picture. Until India and China are discussed it’s all a waste of time. Maybe when our politicians (and yours up north) get off the China payroll they will feel a little more comfortable talking about this. I won’t hold my breath lol

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I won’t hold my breath lol
why not? Are you refusing to do your rightful duty to Gaia, to your (heaven help us if you have) progeny, or your fellow man? And where is the sea of reporters besieging those nasty volcanos and holding the gov't to account for failing to issue a permit before allowing it erupt?

Or let's talk about those irresponsible forest fires up and down the west coast, or the fires in the African plain.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
why not? Are you refusing to do your rightful duty to Gaia, to your (heaven help us if you have) progeny, or your fellow man? And where is the sea of reporters besieging those nasty volcanos and holding the gov't to account for failing to issue a permit before allowing it erupt?

Or let's talk about those irresponsible forest fires up and down the west coast, or the fires in the African plain.
There’s more to those west coast forest fires as you probably know, and it isn’t climate change :wink:
that petty little tyrant with too much hair gel in California can blame gas powered cars all he wants but he bears a lot of responsibility for not managing the forests

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
They get a pass and continue to pollute. F China!! And anyone that supports them can lick me between my corna batwings.All this fake climate change just to push electric 4 door Mustang toasters. (Environmental friendly cars) Oh wait it about about our kids Generations Future.they don't care about thoes basterds. Or anyone being happy or healthy .it's all about who has the most money and can suck the life out of the resources first. The Earth has it way of fixing itself she'll spit us out when she's ready.
Sponsored