22 GT and Mach down 10hp… Is this true?

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
I disagree, the rank and file everyday hemp clothes wearing, Prius driving, national park hiking liberal cares about the environment, because he believes the lies of power hungry, super rich elites told through an agenda oriented bias media.

Most power plants are coal fired and coal is supposed to be the second most evil fuel source.
If they were really concerned about saving the planet from a non existent crisis, they would be screaming for nuclear power plants. But that's the MOST evil source of power. Even if it is the cleanest. So they stay quiet because the leaders of the liberals don't want us to have that kind of energy independence.

Now I could go on, but then nobody would bother to read a long ramble, and DAMN IT, I said I would stay away from politics on this forum and here I am on the edge of going full conservative on ya'll.

Now get back to finding those 10 lost horses, before I tell you about all those lost horses back in the mid 70's, why they were lost, and what good it didn't do.
I agree with you on nuclear power. Its the best way. Have you seen the land that has been mined for all the materials to make those batteries? Its wasted. Not to count all the time it takes for those batteries to decompose aftrr they are made and the health risk associated. What happens to the land that was dug up for an oil pipe line. It goes back to normal after the fact. Wasnt trying to get politcal and didnt mean every liberal just power hungry control types. Just trying to speak facts
Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Very true as it’s for dragstrip only but I’m impressed at the amount of horsepower they’re getting without any forced induction.

I would love to see somebody take this and add forced induction to it.:rockon:
Kind of have to wonder why Chevy has to use seriously larger engines to make HP. Kind of like the Camaro SS being a tad faster on the 1/4 mile than the Mustang GT yet it took 1.2L more displacement to do it.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
And another thread descends into a climate change debate :headbang:
Yeah, frankly I'm tired of hearing about it. I mean, come on, Biden shuts down Keystone XL and stops drilling in ANWR and now begs OPEC to increase oil production since we now have to import when we didn't need to last year before Biden took over. What difference does it make in the world's climate if we stop burning our own oil but instead burn Middle East oil or Russian oil? Makes no sense at all in terms of net pollution. Just shifting where the petroleum is coming from; instead of us using thousands of barrels of crude from North America, we now use those thousands from somewhere else. It's still the same planet so I don't get Biden's "logic" (sorry, I know he has none).

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Here's an example:

A 69 GT500 did 0-60 in 6 second range with its old fashioned tires and suspension and went down the 1/4 in 14.3 seconds. Even an EcoBoost Mustang, on it's worst, day will do 60 in the mid 5 second range and the 1/4 in the mid to high 13's.

Things change. Today is the true muscle car era.
Not only is today's cars faster, but they burn seriously cleaner than the '69 AND has much better fuel economy by perhaps double.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Yeah, frankly I'm tired of hearing about it. I mean, come on, Biden shuts down Keystone XL and stops drilling in ANWR and now begs OPEC to increase oil production since we now have to import when we didn't need to last year before Biden took over. What difference does it make in the world's climate if we stop burning our own oil but instead burn Middle East oil or Russian oil? Makes no sense at all in terms of net pollution. Just shifting where the petroleum is coming from; instead of us using thousands of barrels of crude from North America, we now use those thousands from somewhere else. It's still the same planet so I don't get Biden's "logic" (sorry, I know he has none).
I used to live in NE and almost everyone there hated the Keystone XL pipeline. Basically a huge environmental liability for zero benefit to the state. I'm glad it died.

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you on nuclear power. Its the best way. Have you seen the land that has been mined for all the materials to make those batteries? Its wasted. Not to count all the time it takes for those batteries to decompose aftrr they are made and the health risk associated. What happens to the land that was dug up for an oil pipe line. It goes back to normal after the fact. Wasnt trying to get politcal and didnt mean every liberal just power hungry control types. Just trying to speak facts
Actually, I think nuclear power should be the primary choice for electricity. We must remember that the horrific thoughts about nuclear power plants goes back to TMI and such. From what I've read, there hasn't been a new nuclear plant built in the U.S. for 2 decades or so. Even Japan's Fukushima plant was quite old (found out their mistake was building it so close to the ocean for the coolant supply which contributed to the problems they had). I haven't heard of any problems with the Navy's nuclear fleet and I'm pretty certain that 20 years of technology has made current nuclear plants much more reliable and safer than they were 20 years ago. Yes, there is still the issue of spent fuel rods but so is spent Lithium batteries from EVs. Instead of emitting tons of CO2 and very little HC and CO from today's ICE vehicles into the air, we're going to be dumping millions of tons of discarded batteries into the ground. That's the reality if all our vehicles were exchanged for EVs. Putting everything into one basket is a bad idea; we need EVs, yes, but also hybrids and ICE power as well. Even the "dirty diesels" are much cleaner than they were even 10 years ago. Can you imagine an EV semi-truck pulling double and triple trailers? How many batteries would you need to transport that bugger 200 miles before recharging (or less if it has to go uphills where current semis have no problem)?

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I used to live in NE and almost everyone there hated the Keystone XL pipeline. Basically a huge environmental liability for zero benefit to the state. I'm glad it died.
Yeah! Those stupid pipe lines are leaking trillions of barrels of oil all over the place, or blowing up. Remember when Alaska was a beautiful State until the pipeline broke and blew up and turned Alaska into a waist land.
It's much better to load all that oil onto tankers on the other side of the world and use thousands of gallons of fuel oil to cross the ocean and seas to get here. After all, nothing ever happens to those ships, and it's a much more efficient way to transport oil, rather than getting it out of your own back yard.

I have to stop taking those sarcasm pills.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
If the people behind the pipeline had just remembered 10% for the big guy, we wouldn’t even be talking about it right now. Gas would be flowing freely :cwl:

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Surely you're not implying that the Big Guy would take a bribe?!

Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Nuclear still has a massive and very dangerous waste. My Brother in law is actually a Nuclear physicist. He does waste mitigation. Was on 3 mile Island.

This new technology if big energy and commerce don't get involved is the future and can be used for a plethora of things.

https://www.safireproject.com/

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Yeah! Those stupid pipe lines are leaking trillions of barrels of oil all over the place, or blowing up. Remember when Alaska was a beautiful State until the pipeline broke and blew up and turned Alaska into a waist land.
It's much better to load all that oil onto tankers on the other side of the world and use thousands of gallons of fuel oil to cross the ocean and seas to get here. After all, nothing ever happens to those ships, and it's a much more efficient way to transport oil, rather than getting it out of your own back yard.

I have to stop taking those sarcasm pills.
That's a terrible analogy considering Alaska gets bajillions for mineral mining rights, while Nebraska basically got jack shit aside from a leak risk over the major aquifer supporting a ton of agriculture and people, plus wetlands that are a huge tourist attraction.

Oh wait right they were gonna create like 50 jobs there, what a bonanza for the local economy.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Stop. You’re bringing back horrible childhood memories that I have tried to repress. The day I found out that the WWF was fake it was like my whole life had been a lie. Up until about age 12 I binge watched that garbage, only to find out they were actors. :angry:
Same. my whole life ..nothing but lies I tell you ..all lies!!