22 GT and Mach down 10hp… Is this true?

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Guys. No one has a 22 yet so no one knows if they really are detuned or whatever. Hell, it might end up that it’s super easily modifiable to get the “10” horsepower back. Seems pretty crazy to act like the sky is falling over this “10 hp loss”. I put it in quotes because it may turn out there is no loss anyway. A 21 might dyno 10 hp less than a 22 at the end of the day.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Guys. No one has a 22 yet so no one knows if they really are detuned or whatever. Hell, it might end up that it’s super easily modifiable to get the “10” horsepower back. Seems pretty crazy to act like the sky is falling over this “10 hp loss”. I put it in quotes because it may turn out there is no loss anyway. A 21 might dyno 10 hp less than a 22 at the end of the day.
Doesn’t matter.

Your’re trying to inject logic into what is clearly an emotional issue. Nobody wants to pay more and start off in a hole from the previous year, regardless of how shallow the hole may be.

Easily modded? I raise the hood to check the oil and I don’t like having to do that.

The marketing guys should have forced the engineers to come up with a different solution that didn’t cost any horsepower. But shockingly it appears they don’t have a good grasp of the psyche of GT buyers anyway. We don’t buy these things to go slower, however incrementally insignificant that may be.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Or, engineering resource and budget is focussed on a Gen 4 Coyote for S650 so, for one year only, a small adjustment to emissions equipment was deemed acceptable.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
ha. If I just had a fraction of the shameless confidence of climate change deniers and antivaxxers my life would be so much better
The same can be said about the shameless confidence of climate change doomsayers.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
all predicated on the nonsense and indefensible position that the increased carbon is in any way a problem. The ENTIRE premise is conjecture with no basis in fact, observation or experiment. Co2 is not bad and life was vastly more vibrant when the levels were FAR, FAR higher than today.

When you start the 'research' based on the predicate "CO2 is bad" it's not surprising you only find data to support your thesis. The question that should be asked is "is C02 bad, and if so at what levels and WHY".

The climate change scam has been going on for 50+ years. They've been WRONG, and not just a little WRONG on EVERY point! When the FRAUD is no longer tenable they say, "oh we meant something else" and beat the drums anew.

"peer review" papers is a colossal FRAUD and has been proven dozens and dozens of times. Appeals to authority (aka peer review by 'experts') is a pathetic and long discredited means of trying to make a point.

IF the data was sound and IF the methodology wasn't laughable, and IF the premise and conclusions were unassailable, you THEN can start to make a case for "doing something". To date it has failed ALL of the prerequisites. And no, the people who poke just massive holes in these papers are not all paid of Exxon.
So, like I said, the answer to my question is you don't have an answer. The irony of ranting about conjecture when that's literally all you have... Not a single reputable source to cite.

Sponsored

GP70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
22 mustang 5.0 is down compression and bore size from previous models. Confirmed by comparing the two engines on ford's website.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Guys, here in Europe even the 2021 Mach 1 is 20hp less due to emission regulations, so it is 460, not 480hp. The 2022 M1 for US gets the European treatment to match some Cali specs, as far as I've read in the beginning of the year.
There's nothing to worry about, it is pure software limitation that can be fixed by tune or software. Whether this breaks warranty or not, I don't know for the US, but here in Bulgaria it does, so I have to wait for couple of years before "unlocking" the extra 20HP. So, don't blame it completely on Ford, I bet emission control is in play here as well. So, as the Brits say "Keep Calm and floor it!"

GP70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
More info here on the changes in compression and bore size. It's a lot more than just a emissions tune change.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)