Sponsored

2024 Mach 1 replacement

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Actually its supposed to be running version of the 21 up F150 PCM which will allow tuning and the bottom end is forged.
What exactly will be forged there ?

Overall Mach 1 isn't so special anymore and if someone thought it was rare or will hold value, surprise !

New car (as a whole, DH too) doesn't seem to be a whole lot of change (unless there is more to suspension / chassis) - but hey, remote engine revs. So important in performance car. I swear, Ford sometimes caters to absolutely worst part of Mustang "community". WTF.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
What exactly will be forged there ?

Overall Mach 1 isn't so special anymore and if someone thought it was rare or will hold value, surprise !

New car (as a whole, DH too) doesn't seem to be a whole lot of change (unless there is more to suspension / chassis) - but hey, remote engine revs. So important in performance car. I swear, Ford sometimes caters to absolutely worst part of Mustang "community". WTF.
I have to respectfully dis agree. The M1, Gt350 will better hold their value now. Many like myself are not interested in the high tech I pad dash. Interior is horrble and does not have that classic sports car look inside. The power upgrade is very minimal. I agree that it may all appeal to a portion of the Mustang community . we ll see.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
For me personally, I feel that Ford engineers and designers have no clue, about what we the car buyer wants. Push button rev feature, drift E-brake, more items to give Mustang owners a bad name at C&C, and other shows. I understand the reveal was a big dog and pony show, but even the audience wasn't really into it.

The DH is a Mach 1 with a new name, others have said it. The front nose of all the new models, is essentially and oversized Mach 1 bumper with a couple bars added.

It sounds great, and the added Brembo rears, are an item I feel should have been on the Mach. I will reserve my final opinions until I see one in person. Our Mach's were dubbed a "Parts Bin Special", but in actuality, the DH, is one as well.

Im happy we have Ford Performance involved with this car, and all the different variations of it, for racing. That being said, Im glad the whole line up is gas powered.
The above statements are my opinion, and really don't mean anything to anyone other than me, but Im real happy to have my Mach.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It's going to be a close to a year, but I'm genuinely interested in the sales numbers. How many S650s do they sell? How many gushing over the S650 are going to commit and buy one?
Camaro numbers.

Ford and the consumer will both be relieved this albatross will be killed by the next one. Only people who want this hideous mess will be glassy-eyed digital/tablet dash aficionados easily swayed by eye-candy and not substance. If I want to drive an iPad there are far better options out there.

They could have fixed the STUPID in their wheel and tire size choices but didn't. They could have trumpeted Magride v4 but said nothing. They could have had a HUD or even licensed a PDR but didn't. They could have made the hood vent an optional feature of the performance pack trims, but I'm guessing they just made it universal across all GT trims and robbed the Eco of the option too.

There is just so much FAIL up and down the board I would be embarrassed to have a Ford business card. Maybe the 3000 engineers they fired all said the not-new Mustang was an affront to mankind and history.

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Camaro numbers.

Ford and the consumer will both be relieved this albatross will be killed by the next one. Only people who want this hideous mess will be glassy-eyed digital/tablet dash aficionados easily swayed by eye-candy and not substance. If I want to drive an iPad there are far better options out there.

They could have fixed the STUPID in their wheel and tire size choices but didn't. They could have trumpeted Magride v4 but said nothing. They could have had a HUD or even licensed a PDR but didn't. They could have made the hood vent an optional feature of the performance pack trims, but I'm guessing they just made it universal across all GT trims and robbed the Eco of the option too.

There is just so much FAIL up and down the board I would be embarrassed to have a Ford business card. Maybe the 3000 engineers they fired all said the not-new Mustang was an affront to mankind and history.
It just really reeks of a bandaid to appease the TikTok crowd. I don’t see those people forgoing foreign cars for this one but I guess the sales numbers will tell the story. Without any Camaro or Challenger competition they will get some false positives.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
so basically a M1.

no one from FORD has actually said 500 HP. They said over 480 HP. should be interesting to see the specs.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
so basically a M1.

no one from FORD has actually said 500 HP. They said over 480 HP. should be interesting to see the specs.
They said last night “projecting” 500hp for the Dark Horse. So it’s been put out there.

stev3french

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Twister Orange w/HP
I haven't had a chance to read this whole post, but those saying the Mach 1 isn't special anymore because of the Dark Horse edition or planning to dump their Mach 1 after this reveal should've just bought a GT :crackup:

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Nothing to see here, typical bashing of the new gen. Just like every new reveal you will all learn to love the new models down the line 🤷‍♀️ lol that being said I am really happy I chose the Mach 1

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 TRX, 2020 Shelby GT350
To me, the design is about as different as the 98-99 transition, even though S650 is a new platform. I thought the presentation by Ford was horrible, I felt sad. I think the S650 met expectations, overall good to shake up the design and include latest tech but if you already have a great S550 not too much incentive to upgrade soon. I came away liking the design and love the dark horse design and interior but not sure it'd make me give up my 19'GT350, but who knows, I change my mind about every day!

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I have 2 Outback, 1 all new iPad dash, and 1 old school buttons. I recently sold one. It was the newer iPad dash model. Why, it s not as easy and safe to change setting and the audio unit went out and along with that I lost my climate controls (all in the same big iPad screen).

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Nice car, like mine better, not fond of the name, BOSS maybe? don’t like the back lights and diffuser looks oversized weird, IP is nice and tech quality but doesn’t say Mustang at all. Side looks like S550 + Nissan Z, front looks like Camaro/Charger/Mustang hybrid.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I think the front end is an improvement over the base 2018+ modes (Maybe because it looks pretty similar to Mach 1s now lol). I also like the look of the GT/Ecoboost better than this Dark Horse package. I'm indifferent towards the side profile changes. I'm still not sold on that back end but maybe it will grow on me. I think if the tail lights were different instead of flat then it'd be a lot better.

The interior looks nice but a lot of it looks like carry-over from 2018 (aside from the new infotainment and big-ass screens). There's not really much in the way of new creature comforts/features either. Where's the HUD? Automated parallel parking? Front-end parking sensors? If Ford is going to command the same pricetag as a BMW, then it should have the same/similar features or something to match.

I was hoping for a bit more in the way of real features instead of just goofy stuff like the keyfob rev, but this is just another refresh on par with the 2018 one. More customization is cool i guess but that doesn't make me wanna upgrade.

I'm perfectly happy with my Mach 1 and don't really see upgrading unless someone paid me to switch to a 2024 GT Performance Package, and even then I'm not sure it's worth it. Maybe mid-cycle refresh for this gen will have some new features that will make it more worthwhile?
Sponsored