Sponsored

2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I believe this was a discussion much earlier in this thread. But has anyone had luck getting their dealer to submit for a price protection refund?
I'm wondering if the recent "name matching order at delivery" rules ford came out with (in response to dealer mark ups) could be used as leverage to get my dealer to commit to submitting the paperwork. Won't sign until they submit
Summary first: each person needs to sit down and discuss/confirm Price Protection with the dealer and salesperson purchasing from, preferably before the car arrives.

While Ford supports Price Protection, unfortunately, dealers do not have to. Most dealers support. Some don't.

At one end of the spectrum is my experience, where the dealer confirmed they supported Price Protection, and gave me a specific $ amount they'd reduce the sticker by if I bought the car.

At the other end of the spectrum is Chapman Ford, who supports selling the car at a certain % below invoice, the invoice amount at the time of delivery, and no Price Protection.

In-between are dealers which "forget" what Price Protection is, how to apply for, etc. In these instances, there's a "reminding" of sorts which takes place, resulting in Price Protection being received.

Regarding the second quoted comment above, these actions between you and the dealer have to happen together. In order to submit for Price Protection, the dealer supplies Ford with a Bill of Sale listing the name of the person who bought the car; it should be the same person who placed the order. If you don't buy, they cannot apply for it.

Some dealers reduce the new invoice by the Price Protected amounts, sell you the car, submit for Protection and receive their rebate. Some dealers, in agreement with the buyer, are selling the car at the new, higher amount, with the commitment/promise they will forward the rebate check to the buyer once received.

In order for Price Protection to apply, the buyer must be the same person who placed the order. Once submitted, Ford commits to refunding the differences between the original, lower and new, higher invoices in 45 days.

Last edited:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Bit of a depressing day with Mach 1 build day being pushed again 20th August 🥲 and just for a laugh Ford has pushed the delivery date for the GT to the middle of September, gate released on the 13th May 😂 starting to get bored of this

ToddEth82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 on order.
Bit of a depressing day with Mach 1 build day being pushed again 20th August 🥲 and just for a laugh Ford has pushed the delivery date for the GT to the middle of September, gate released on the 13th May 😂 starting to get bored of this
Sorry to hear that, hopefully, they can get the act together for you.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
To those who have already picked up their cars, especially from Granger, how did you first hear it was at the dealer? Did you get an email from Ford, or a call or email from the dealer??

Sponsored

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
To those who have already picked up their cars, especially from Granger, how did you first hear it was at the dealer? Did you get an email from Ford, or a call or email from the dealer??
Haven't officially picked mine up yet (I pick mine up tomorrow!), but you'll get an email from the dealer when they officially have it.

Alternatively, if you try tracking your order in their tracker and it doesn't direct you to the tracking page, then that means the dealer has it.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
The v6 is gone as of today. First car I ever owned and purchased myself. Got a lot of memories in this car both good and bad. It was one of the few things in my life that hasn't crapped out on me at one time or another when I needed it. I'm sad to see it go, but I hope she treats the next owner as well as she did me.

But in other news, my Mach 1 pickup is tomorrow. Bigger and better things ahead! :)

297833353_5562026160487138_1374224887560389026_n.jpg

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
The v6 is gone as of today. First car I ever owned and purchased myself. Got a lot of memories in this car both good and bad. It was one of the few things in my life that hasn't crapped out on me at one time or another when I needed it. I'm sad to see it go, but I hope she treats the next owner as well as she did me.

But in other news, my Mach 1 pickup is tomorrow. Bigger and better things ahead! :)

297833353_5562026160487138_1374224887560389026_n.jpg
What's your build and what dealer?

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
What's your build and what dealer?
Chapman of Horsham.

I didn't bother with HP as I'm not tracking and wanted to keep it a bit more affordable:

Mach 1 Premium
Eruption Green (Best color, duh lol)
10spd Auto
Elite Package
B&O Sound System
Red Calipers

moondocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,F250,F350, 57 Chev
Greetings All,
My built email from 7/30 has a stated delivery to Granger of 8/7 - 8/13.

I just chatted with Ford Performance and he said my car is awaiting shipping and will be going by rail.

He also stated its unlikely to arrive at the dealer anytime next week, and that I should check back mid next week for an updated status...

Will I get an updated email from ford, with an updated expected delivery to the deailer?

Sponsored

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
Granger sent me an email in the morning when the vehicle arrived. They had the information before Ford. It took Ford a couple of days to update the website for delivery, but no email came from Ford.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Not until it’s shipped. WAITING FOR MINE TO SHIP ALSO.
Greetings All,
My built email from 7/30 has a stated delivery to Granger of 8/7 - 8/13.

I just chatted with Ford Performance and he said my car is awaiting shipping and will be going by rail.

He also stated its unlikely to arrive at the dealer anytime next week, and that I should check back mid next week for an updated status...

Will I get an updated email from ford, with an updated expected delivery to the deailer?

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Anthony at FP said my Mach1 was scanned into the rail yard at Melvindale, MI and is still due between now and Aug. 10th. I already knew it was on a Norfolk Southern rail car on 8/2. So basically no new info. :frown:

JG M1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1965 Unique Cobra Replicar

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Those FP guys are really helpful!
Anthony at FP said my Mach1 was scanned into the rail yard at Melvindale, MI and is still due between now and Aug. 10th. I already knew it was on a Norfolk Southern rail car on 8/2. So basically no new info. :frown:
Sponsored