Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Premium, 2022 F-150 Lariat 2.7
I am having the same issue as others.
2022 Mach 1 non HP.
Built 3-4-22
Shipped 3-17-22
Arrived at SLC rail yard 3-28-22
Still sitting in rail yard on "Plant Hold"
Received 5 e-mails from Ford extending shipment to my dealer.

The most frustrating part of this is how Ford is treating not only me but the dealer. Absolutely no information on the reason for the hold. I have contacted customer support several times with no results. My dealer has contacted the regional rep with no results.

I am sure that I will eventually get the car but the way Ford is treating their customers is shameful to state it kindly.
Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Just a few thought from someone who went thru the process getting my 2021 M1.
Don t expect answer especially from dealer. They don t know and if they do they don t say.
Ford doesn't keep customers informed on the details either. They ll let you know when the car is built and shipped. Ford performance is a good place to call. But they only report what they see.
Build dates get pushed back all the time especially as you approach the 1-2 week to build.
Shipping also takes a bit of time and is slow to report .
If you are getting the car at invoice or below, just wait. My dealer took no deposit so there s nothing too loose and was 4% under invoice.
If those deals are gone then grab a 2021 and don t pay ADMs.
The next statements are subjective so don t get all offended,
unless you are tracking a lot, get the non HP car. Better street driving experience, cheaper, easier to come by. IMO I don t even like the larger front and rear spoilers(they can be added) . HP tires are annoying at best for street cruising .
Be sure to read thru the 2021 M1 wait list thread. Good baseline for what you are experiencing.
All you guys that already have orders, good luck , be patient , most cars get built.

Last edited:

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
You probably won't hear $hit until you get a build week.
Emails I got from Ford:

11/29/21 Order received
3/18/22 Sorry it's going to be a while longer
4/21/22 Build week assigned
4/26/22 Build week pulled forward a week
4/29/22 Build week pushed back to original week

THAT IS IT! Almost 4 months between "received" and "sorry" it's going to take a while longer, then another month until I got an email with the build week.
Pretty much how mine went as well, however, I didn't even get an email when it was starting to be built just when it was scheduled and then 2 or 3 emails letting me know my build date had changed. Showed up at the dealer and still hadn't received any email about it having started to get built.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
I don’t remember “waiting in yard” that often in 2021. Maybe one or two. Looks to me this is Ford’s way to deal with parts shortage: Just build them and let them sit in a yard. I remember seeing pics of trucks sitting in yards in 2021. Seems to involve Mustangs more often now

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Don t expect answer especially from dealer. They don t know and if they do they don t say.
Ford doesn't keep customers informed on the details either. They ll let you know when the car is built and shipped. Ford performance is a good place to call. But they only report what they see.
Build dates get pushed back all the time especially as you approach the 1-2 week to build.
If you are getting the car at invoice or below, just wait. My dealer took no deposit so there s nothing too loose and was 4% under invoice.
unless you are tracking a lot, get the non HP car. Better street driving experience, cheaper, easier to come by. IMO I don t even like the larger front and rear spoilers . HP tires are annoying at best for street cruising .
Be sure to read thru the 2021 M1 wait list thread. Good baseline for what you are experiencing.
All you guys that already have orders, good luck , be patient , most cars get built.
unless you are tracking a lot, get the non HP car. Better street driving experience, cheaper, easier to come by. IMO I don t even like the larger front and rear spoilers . HP tires are annoying at best for street cruising .
Sometimes they have in transit damage repaired and the paperwork and parts/approval process can take a bit and no one is supposed to know, but realistically, it happens. I don't think they closed carrier transport our cars, and I did not see plastic wrap on the roof hood and trunk like for instance Lexus does on open carrier shipping.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Sometimes they have in transit damage repaired and the paperwork and parts/approval process can take a bit and no one is supposed to know, but realistically, it happens. I don't think they closed carrier transport our cars, and I did not see plastic wrap on the roof hood and trunk like for instance Lexus does on open carrier shipping.
correct, my car arrived with a small strip of plastic on the front bumper and plastic on the seats. thats it! not like some higher end cars that show up with a temporary ppf job. i know it saves ford a few bucks per car but that would be really nice if they did that to protect them in transit.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
unless you are tracking a lot, get the non HP car. Better street driving experience, cheaper, easier to come by. IMO I don t even like the larger front and rear spoilers(they can be added) . HP tires are annoying at best for street cruising .
1. ADM is simple supply and demand, 99% of dealers will have it

2. Under invoice means nothing when you are still fighting "depreciation" without ever having driven the car

If you need it NOW you WILL pay one way or another.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
1. ADM is simple supply and demand, 99% of dealers will have it

2. Under invoice means nothing when you are still fighting "depreciation" without ever having driven the car

If you need it NOW you WILL pay one way or another.
Used cars are Not Depreciating right now where I live. Low mile used 2020's are selling for close to their MSRP, if still in excellent condition. That hasn't ever happened before, that I know of.

moondocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,F250,F350, 57 Chev
Used cars are Not Depreciating right now where I live. Low mile used 2020's are selling for close to their MSRP, if still in excellent condition. That hasn't ever happened before, that I know of.
I have been checking prices around my area also (Minnesota, Western Wisconsin, Northern Iowa) and I have not found much in stock for M1's with manuals. The few new ones I have found are at least 5K ADM or more. Lightly used ones, mostly 21's are about 2K below up to MSRP. I guess I keep waiting for my order to come in...

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I have been checking prices around my area also (Minnesota, Western Wisconsin, Northern Iowa) and I have not found much in stock for M1's with manuals. The few new ones I have found are at least 5K ADM or more. Lightly used ones, mostly 21's are about 2K below up to MSRP. I guess I keep waiting for my order to come in...
You must be in my area.

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Part of the shipping issue is likely related to the railroads. Over the past six years the Class 1 railroads have shed 33% of their workforce (174,000 down to 116,000). It wasn’t all about COVID either as just before COVID they were down 26% ( you know, gotta make Wall Street happy and pump up those stock prices).

Then COVID hit and they shed another 7% through June of 2021. When the economy started to come back they started to hire back, but have found out it’s been extremely hard to get people to come to work for the RR. I know UP just started to offer a $5K signing bonus and an additional $10K once training is completed. I believe they are also now accepting applicants with certain criminal records. I believe other RRs are trying something similar.

On top of this people are retiring left and right from the RR and many employees are disgruntled with what amounts to be forced overtime and their opinion that management sucks. There is a backlog in the rail yards.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Part of the shipping issue is likely related to the railroads. Over the past six years the Class 1 railroads have shed 33% of their workforce (174,000 down to 116,000). It wasn’t all about COVID either as just before COVID they were down 26% ( you know, gotta make Wall Street happy and pump up those stock prices).

Then COVID hit and they shed another 7% through June of 2021. When the economy started to come back they started to hire back, but have found out it’s been extremely hard to get people to come to work for the RR. I know UP just started to offer a $5K signing bonus and an additional $10K once training is completed. I believe they are also now accepting applicants with certain criminal records. I believe other RRs are trying something similar.

On top of this people are retiring left and right from the RR and many employees are disgruntled with what amounts to be forced overtime and their opinion that management sucks. There is a backlog in the rail yards.
You are 100% correct. A good friend of mine works for CSX, he holds both engineer and conductor positions, he told me the other day the loads are only moving a few days a week.

They will not move a train until its filled completely, sometimes it takes a week to fill the trains with cargo and cars. I asked him about transporting vehicles only, to meet the demand, he stated it would never happen. Management has no clue what is happening on the tracks.

tlb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Premium, 2022 F-150 Lariat 2.7
My dealer has informed me that they were able to get a couple of small bits of information from the rep.

First they said the car is not damaged, good news.
Second that the hold is for a "canister" issue.

Only thing that comes to mind with a canister is emissions. Even then it seems it would be better addressed at the dealers facility rather than in a rail yard.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
You are 100% correct. A good friend of mine works for CSX, he holds both engineer and conductor positions, he told me the other day the loads are only moving a few days a week.

They will not move a train until its filled completely, sometimes it takes a week to fill the trains with cargo and cars. I asked him about transporting vehicles only, to meet the demand, he stated it would never happen. Management has no clue what is happening on the tracks.
Yep. Pretty much a cluster fawk

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Carvana has FIVE 2021 Mach 1's!
Sponsored