Sponsored

2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

TruVudu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mach 1
Arrived a bit sooner than expected (1/27) but couldn’t be happier!

35695159-CEFD-4AB0-A05A-9C5DD2B59C42.jpeg

567C1EBD-6100-4F4F-A45D-F269A6F25DC4.jpeg
I have the same color on order. Any way you could post a few more pics from different angles? Would love to see a front view.
Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Here's what I ordered...

Order confirmation Date: 11/2/21
Priority Code: 19
Estimated Build Date (If showing): N/A
Options: FJG, 700A, 10spd, Appearance, Elite, Magnetic Painted Wheels, Navigation
Shipped Date: N/A
Received Date: N/A

Ordered through Granger. Thinking of buying local instead if I can get close to MSRP. Already had to cancel the 1st HPDE event at Club Motorsports.

Just bought a 2021 GT Convertible for my wife at $500 below MSRP at Lebanon Ford NH.
At MSRP we pay about 4k more for the same car. Tough call.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Not so good news. The Mustang / Mach 1 lines will shut down 2/18 for three weeks again. They are trying to keep things going till then but no guarantees based on parts. So as it sits now, two more weeks of production for those with build dates before 2/18.
I believe there was another post that had the 3 week shutdown in Feb and first week in March. This shutdown has been planned since mid-January. I think the good news is, once they have parts, they bang the cars out. If my feeble mind recalls correctly, I think FoMoCo built 5,671 Mustangs in January. If you use 21 working days in January, that's nearly 270 cars per day, not too shabby. ~182 cars per day based on 7 days per week. I'm not sure if they are running 5, 6, or 7 days per week. At this point, I think FoMoCo wants to get as many built as possible as quickly as possible. So we are looking at 17 production days in Feb, if the plant runs on Sat & Sun. 182ish cars per day, we're looking at roughly 3,094 cars for Feb. Hopefully mine is one of them....

I'm also a little concerned about my order, I ordered the 401A package, mangneride, and active exhaust. Hopefully they have the chips/parts and it doesn't get bumped down the priority list.

Can you ask your line worker buddy if they are working M-F or working 6-7 days per week?

Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I believe there was another post that had the 3 week shutdown in Feb and first week in March. This shutdown has been planned since mid-January. I think the good news is, once they have parts, they bang the cars out. If my feeble mind recalls correctly, I think FoMoCo built 5,671 Mustangs in January. If you use 21 working days in January, that's nearly 270 cars per day, not too shabby. ~182 cars per day based on 7 days per week. I'm not sure if they are running 5, 6, or 7 days per week. At this point, I think FoMoCo wants to get as many built as possible as quickly as possible. So we are looking at 17 production days in Feb, if the plant runs on Sat & Sun. 182ish cars per day, we're looking at roughly 3,094 cars for Feb. Hopefully mine is one of them....

I'm also a little concerned about my order, I ordered the 401A package, mangneride, and active exhaust. Hopefully they have the chips/parts and it doesn't get bumped down the priority list.

Can you ask your line worker buddy if they are working M-F or working 6-7 days per week?
They say 6 days per week while in production and many still work 5 days while NOT in production. I guess the unions call that. This March shutdown is being communicated as a "maintenance shut down" It's possible they will be tooling up for the HP production that has been non-existent for months. ( that's my guess only )

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
Are you expecting another 3 months of downtime in total like we had? Doesn't look like it from production of late anymore, no reason to be hopeless :like: HP cars will get scheduled few weeks before their build date, that's it. People who ordered them in October will surely have them in April like last year for those who ordered them in January.
Well Ford just announced they are stopping production in 8 plants, including Flat Rock. They announced on Bloomberg the other day they fully expect the chip shortage issue to impact production throughout the third quarter. They said they expect a robust fourth quarter. So that probably means we can still expect shutdowns and lack of notification from Ford about the Handling Pack cars. I still have not been told what expect from my canceled 2021 HP order. I had order my HP vehicle on June 30, 2021, and I have not received one email from Ford saying it was canceled, or letting me know when I might expect a new confirmation order.

I saw Jim Owens talk about we will be taken care of, but the lack of communication from Ford is not reassuring. At the very minimum, all impacted customers should have received an email apologizing for the abrupt cancellation, lack of notification and the lack of a announced next steps for impacted customers. Ford is not to blame for supply chain issues. But communication to customers paying over $60,000.00 for one of their vehicles is their responsibility and I do blame them for the lack of communication. There should had been a communications released when they canceled orders and letting customers know what the plan is to make them whole, or say we are still working on a plan and will provide periodic updates. How hard is that? If I, or anyone in leadership in my company ignored communicating with our clients, our contracts would be terminated for convenience at best or just terminated for cause.

Not that anyone from Ford will probably answer me, but I still expect you to have a communications plan and start giving us a path that we can begin to plan on what our choices will be. I don’t blame you, Ford, for the delays. Everyone was impacted by this horrible pandemic. I do blame you for your lack of communication. Even if you do not have a concrete plan yet, at least you can say you are still evaluating the situation and dealing with supply pressures. Everything is still on hold. Again, how hard is that? People can understand and either continue to wait or make a different decision. You owe it to your customers to properly inform them. Not for us to try to read your minds.

Last edited:

W0rkH0rse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2017 Explorer Platinum
Makes me really nervous that the np hp i ordered in early dec doesn’t have a date yet.
Ford may be prioritizing the canceled HP orders. My 2021, ordered in June, was canceled in October. Re-order placed in November. Still waiting for build date. Told all orders for canceled 2021s are priority 01. We shall see. If orders placed in Jan are getting April dates, I would think HP dates should be right around the corner.

W0rkH0rse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2017 Explorer Platinum
Well Ford just announced they are stopping production in 10 plants, including Flat Rock. They announced on Bloomberg the other day they fully expect the chip shortage issue to impact production throughout the third quarter. They said they expect a robust fourth quarter. So that probably means we can still expect shutdowns and lack of notification from Ford about the Handling Pack cars. I still have not been told what expect from my canceled 2021 HP order. I had order my HP vehicle on June 30, 2021, and I have not received one email from Ford saying it was canceled, or letting me know when I might expect a new confirmation order.

I saw Jim Owens talk about we will be taken care of, but the lack of communication from Ford is not reassuring. At the very minimum, all impacted customers should have received an email apologizing for the abrupt cancellation, lack of notification and the lack of a announced next steps for impacted customers. Ford is not to blame for supply chain issues. But communication to customers paying over $60,000.00 for one of their vehicles is their responsibility and I do blame them for the lack of communication. There should had been a communications released when they canceled orders and letting customers know what the plan is to make them whole, or say we are still working on a plan and will provide periodic updates. How hard is that? If I, or anyone in leadership in my company ignored communicating with our clients, our contracts would be terminated for convenience at best or just terminated for cause.

Not that anyone from Ford will probably answer me, but I still expect you to have a communications plan and start giving us a path that we can begin to plan on what our choices will be. I don’t blame you, Ford, for the delays. Everyone was impacted by this horrible pandemic. I do blame you for your lack of communication. Even if you do not have a concrete plan yet, at least you can say you are still evaluating the situation and dealing with supply pressures. Everything is still on hold. Again, how hard is that? People can understand and either continue to wait or make a different decision. You owe it to your customers to properly inform them. Not for us to try to read your minds.
I agree. I am in the same situation as you. Ordered last June, got canceled in the fall (dealer notified me). Waiting for build date for my re-order. I was told it is a Priority 01.
When I was notified of the cancellation. The communication to the dealers included a line about compensating customers whose orders were cancelled. Still have not heard anything about that. Not a good look for Ford PR.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Ford may be prioritizing the canceled HP orders. My 2021, ordered in June, was canceled in October. Re-order placed in November. Still waiting for build date. Told all orders for canceled 2021s are priority 01. We shall see. If orders placed in Jan are getting April dates, I would think HP dates should be right around the corner.
We will see I guess. I was hoping mine would slide in before the HP were back in production as that will probably hold up any non HP orders for awhile once it starts as you say. Scheduling a car with no delays 2 months out just doesn’t give me warm fuzzies for anyone who had delays.

Sponsored

willieT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2021 Lexus RX350, 2016 4runner
Had a nice 2 1/2 hour ride home and then parked it in the garage. I can’t wait for it to warm up and get it out. Also looking forward to Ford nationals in Carlisle.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Well Ford just announced they are stopping production in 8 plants, including Flat Rock. They announced on Bloomberg the other day they fully expect the chip shortage issue to impact production throughout the third quarter. They said they expect a robust fourth quarter. So that probably means we can still expect shutdowns and lack of notification from Ford about the Handling Pack cars. I still have not been told what expect from my canceled 2021 HP order. I had order my HP vehicle on June 30, 2021, and I have not received one email from Ford saying it was canceled, or letting me know when I might expect a new confirmation order.

Don't rule out your dealer or broker from dropping the communication ball either. :)

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Experience says it's always better to ask more and often than wait for information. The other side usually can't be bothered...

FullThrottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack, 1996 Rx-7
For those who have received Mach 1s, what was the build time from placing the order? I went to the dealership yesterday to discuss a build, and they said "maybe" 4-5 months, but that they weren't getting good lead time information from Ford. Is this consistent with what people here are seeing?
Sponsored