2022 GT500 order thread

OP
OP

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Greetings all. Looks like I have a GT 500 on the way, the story starts this past winter. I have a really good relationship with a small, local Ford dealer. Sometime in Jan I had asked the sales manager what the chances were for a GT 500 - He laughed.. I asked about a Mach 1 and his response was "possible but don't hold your breath". Fast forward to late Feb, I get a call from the manager telling me that, totally out of the blue they received an allocation for a std GT 500. They were going to order it whether I wanted it or not, as they had a standing offer for 10k over sticker from a dealer in California, but if I wanted input on options it had to happen within 24 hours. Fast forward to today, My GT 500 was cleared for shipment as of June 23, anticipated delivery around 11 July. Eruption Green, White vinyl stripes, technology package and yes $5000 adm. Glad to be part of the group.
Congrats man!
I’ve never owned a green car but let my dad choose and it’s a very very cool color.
Here’s the pics with the tint and the aero bits installed.
-J
3CE68CF2-F700-4522-A607-08BDFE9F4640.jpeg
49FEB18D-CEB1-4E35-A849-28DD2D28B6FE.jpeg
F78D9A0D-7CE3-40CD-9158-2392EDF5F65C.jpeg

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
CSX isn't the same as CN (Canadian National)
Ford uses CN to get the cars from Flat Rock to Salem, IL where your railcar will flip to running on the Union Pacific railroad to San Antonio.

Once the car passes Salem, IL and is then on the UP, the VVR railcar number should let you track by phone on UP until it gets to SA.
LOL, that was my problem. Explains why when I tracked the car via CSX, the last update was in May in AZ, and dealer just told me car arrived in Memphis.

It shows in United but currently as inactive, but I assume that status will change at some point. Ford is showing an ETA of 7-16 to 7-22 for that last two hours from Memphis.

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
LOL, that was my problem. Explains why when I tracked the car via CSX, the last update was in May in AZ, and dealer just told me car arrived in Memphis.

It shows in United but currently as inactive, but I assume that status will change at some point. Ford is showing an ETA of 7-16 to 7-22 for that last two hours from Memphis.
Yup, and for anyone referencing my reply was specific to Houston Kid since I'm 90% sure his car is RH80 on the Sticker for the SA ramp here in TX. Union Pacific is West of the Mississippi and CSX should be east, but that's after they switch tracks from the CN who takes them from Flat Rock.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Automated update on UP is July 4th at 2:27 am arrived (not sure where, LOL). Delivery at Industry scheduled July 8th 7:00 pm (no location given). Could that be the ramp in HTX since that is the location closest to my dealership?
July 3rd it was in Salem (IL is my guess).

ETTX701294.

Last edited:

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Well I ordered a 22 500 in atlas blue today, no stripes tech pack with recaros 5k over. I think it has the highest probability of flying through production with no stripes and no cftp. Hope it shows up.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Mine moved to shipped today via the Ford order tracking page. Waiting for my dealer to get my rail car number

04mystichrome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2004 cobra 1970 fastback
Talked to my sales GM today and he told me all the allocatiins for my region are used up so I have nothing. Not real happy cause as always they told me they had an allocation for me. Guess I'll hold my breath a little longer for a 23

Sponsored

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Automated update on UP is July 4th at 2:27 am arrived (not sure where, LOL). Delivery at Industry scheduled July 8th 7:00 pm (no location given). Could that be the ramp in HTX since that is the location closest to my dealership?
July 3rd it was in Salem (IL is my guess).

ETTX701294.
What's the ramp code on your Window sticker?

If I was a betting man I'd say RH80 which is:
5140 Service Center Dr
San Antonio, TX 78218

If you're lucky it could be CA7L which IIRC is Hardy:
20909 Hardy Road
Houston, TX 77073

(I lived in Houston for years before moving to Austin, and everything I've ordered from ford in MI has been RH80 for a couple years since Toyota took over most of the ramp capacity near Hardy Toll Road.)

EDIT: Sadly I don't have a login to UP's live site, but here's a picture of your railcar taken in 2016. 😂
45420.jpg

Last edited:

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Well I ordered a 22 500 in atlas blue today, no stripes tech pack with recaros 5k over. I think it has the highest probability of flying through production with no stripes and no cftp. Hope it shows up.
How about Handling? Seems to be hit or miss.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Talked to my sales GM today and he told me all the allocations for my region are used up so I have nothing. Not real happy cause as always they told me they had an allocation for me. Guess I'll hold my breath a little longer for a 23
Fuck ... I'm sorry to hear that.

26E2A30D6F67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
21 F150
Talked to my sales GM today and he told me all the allocatiins for my region are used up so I have nothing. Not real happy cause as always they told me they had an allocation for me. Guess I'll hold my breath a little longer for a 23
This sucks, and if they do end up making a 23 (fingers crossed for you) I hope this dealer can deliver, because from my POV they sound full of it.

They would have been told at MY start how many GT500 allocations they had, and unless you had a constrained order type which contained:
Heritage Edition
Painted Stripes
CFTP

There should be no reason the region "ran out of allocations" for your order if they were told two cars, and even if you had a constrained build percentage item, they should have come back and said. "We can't build a X type of car, would you amend it?"

I'm willing to bet they got the one allocation the Shelby dealers are all promised, and they "hoped" they would be issued a second (unlikely even in normal years), which is a terrible experience.

Ford shouldn't even allow WBDO orders unless the dealer has an open car allocation from Ford corporate.

Pouring one out for you, and hoping that if we confirm no MY23, you have time to find what you want.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
What's the ramp code on your Window sticker?

If I was a betting man I'd say RH80 which is:
5140 Service Center Dr
San Antonio, TX 78218

If you're lucky it could be CA7L which IIRC is Hardy:
20909 Hardy Road
Houston, TX 77073

(I lived in Houston for years before moving to Austin, and everything I've ordered from ford in MI has been RH80 for a couple years since Toyota took over most of the ramp capacity near Hardy Toll Road.)

EDIT: Sadly I don't have a login to UP's live site, but here's a picture of your railcar taken in 2016. 😂
45420.jpg
Oh how I long for the days before graffiti and armored rail transport when you didn't mind waiting on a train of 250 cars hoping to see just a few of them holding shiny new vehicles heading for parts unknown.
Sponsored