Sponsored

2022 GT500 Order Banks

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Same here. Made the deal eighteen months before the announcement.
My agreement was 21 months prior to order banks opening. Dealer made it clear there was no guarantee the car would ever happen. Order went in quickly on the first day, chassis number 251. Got my worm!
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes the early bird can still catch some sleep. I had a verbal agreement with my usual dealership 8 months or so prior to the order banks opening. Turns out they were only getting one allocation, and the owner was keeping the car. They didn’t tell me this until 7/1/19.

I immediately spoke to another dealer who ordered their allocation the way I wanted my car on 7/15/19. Shortly after this, I found out that they did not want to talk price until after they got the car. Seeing the red flags (much quicker than the ones for my first wife), I then went to a third dealer and locked down my order on 8/15/2019.

I ended up with the first 2020 GT500 shipped to the US (#261), and only the second car released from the factory (the first went to Canada).

Yes, earlier is usually better, but sometimes luck helps :sunglasses:

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
anyone know what a normal/common deposit is for securing an allocation? is it $2k, $5k, or 10% of sticker? and is it usually 100% refundable up to a certain point?
My deposit was $0. I secured it with a handshake with the owner. But I was also at a small rural dealership.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
anyone know what a normal/common deposit is for securing an allocation? is it $2k, $5k, or 10% of sticker? and is it usually 100% refundable up to a certain point?
All depends on the dealership. For my 2020 it was $1,000 and agreed MSRP deal. Being that was the second Shelby I bought from them, the 2022 was a phone call and done deal. No deposit. No markup. So 3 Shelby’s from the same dealership in 5 years earned me some trust I suppose.
Family owned small town dealership helps I think.

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
All depends on the dealership. For my 2020 it was $1,000 and agreed MSRP deal. Being that was the second Shelby I bought from them, the 2022 was a phone call and done deal. No deposit. No markup. So 3 Shelby’s from the same dealership in 5 years earned me some trust I suppose.
Family owned small town dealership helps I think.
Preach! I’ve bought all my cars from the same salesman at the same small dealership since my first new car (a 1995 gts mustang)(except 1, a terminator before they could sell the special cars). I got first shot at the only 50th they got in 2014 (still driving it), first at their first gt350, first500, first bullet, first Mach. I got the call to come see the only gt they got back in 04 or 05. If I want something, I just call them. All at msrp for the special stuff, or a plan cost for anything else. I stop a few times a year and visit, even if not shopping. I know the guys mother’s names. Build those long term relationships and it pays off. When I decided I wanted a 500 (when they callled to come look at the first Mach), all I had to do was tell him. Build those relationships!
Sponsored