Sponsored

2021 WRX

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
But the M6's are a little slower...
Yes, like a quarter second and a few mph less, still nowhere near the STi unless the Mustang driver is running backwards or on 6 cylinders.

Also he didn't mention manual specifically, we were talking Mustangs in general. In that case, the STi is more of a match with a manual Ecoboost.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yes, like a quarter second and a few mph less, still nowhere near the STi unless the Mustang driver is running backwards or on 6 cylinders.

Also he didn't mention manual specifically, we were talking Mustangs in general. In that case, the STi is more of a match with a manual Ecoboost.
So when I race my brother at some point, I should smoke him. It'll be great since he's 7 years older than me and I don't win much when we compete lol. And of course I'll have to update the vs. thread.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
So when I race my brother at some point, I should smoke him. It'll be great since he's 7 years older than me and I don't win much when we compete lol. And of course I'll have to update the vs. thread.
If you can drive yes. With a manual it's alot more dependent on shift speed and not missing any gears.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
You better do it. Don't be a tease!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
If you can drive yes. With a manual it's alot more dependent on shift speed and not missing any gears.
If either of us has miss shifts, we'll just go at it again. If from a dig, I'll be using launch control. I already know that gets me to 60 in 4.6 (my fastest). What will make it fun is that he's modified and I'm not really. But he's also on air suspension so may lose a little from that right?

@Dfeeds I always try to do what I say I'll do lol.

Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F

Just plan 2 out of 3 pulls - in case you do miss a gear LOL.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Just plan 2 out of 3 pulls - in case you do miss a gear LOL.
He's turbo so the more pulls the more advantage I'll have being NA right? We may have to move a bit depending on where in Mexico this happens, both our cars are loud.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
If your brother can confidently slip the clutch at the start, he'll give you a good run for your money. He'll be able to closely match your 0-60 (depending on how modified he actually is). You'll clean up the rest of the way though, no problem.

Depending on what year your brother's is, on the 2019 and up, 3rd gear is the "powerband" gear. 1st and 2nd are pretty short and he'll be shifting alot to get to 3rd. If it's a quarter mile, he'll have to shift again around 80mph in 3rd before redline, and where the turbo will start to lose significant steam. That's how I remember my STi was at least on my tune. His might be slightly different.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
If your brother can confidently slip the clutch at the start, he'll give you a good run for your money. He'll be able to closely match your 0-60 (depending on how modified he actually is). You'll clean up the rest of the way though, no problem.

Depending on what year your brother's is, on the 2019 and up, 3rd gear is the "powerband" gear. 1st and 2nd are pretty short and he'll be shifting alot to get to 3rd. If it's a quarter mile, he'll have to shift again around 80mph in 3rd before redline, and where the turbo will start to lose significant steam. That's how I remember my STi was at least on my tune. His might be slightly different.
Yep his is a 2019. He must be busy at work because he hasn't replied to my texts asking about his mods yet.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Bro just replied.
Turbo back exhaust, 3 port boost solenoid, cobb intake and pro tune making 310 whp. It goes in next week for external wastegate, 1050 injectors, fuel pump and regulator, then retune. Says he's hoping for 340whp.

Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Bro just replied.
Turbo back exhaust, 3 port boost solenoid, cobb intake and pro tune making 310 whp. It goes in next week for external wastegate, 1050 injectors, fuel pump and regulator, then retune. Says he's hoping for 340whp.
Ah, yeah, close to my old setup then. But I kept the stock airbox since the Off-the-Shelf Cobb tune didn't want to risk fueling issues with the added intake. I was already close to the safety net of 80% on the stock Injector Duty Cycle with that. His 1050s and fuel pump will help him push that extra 30WHP, hopefully. Before I got rid of my STi, I had flex fuel kit which consisted of the 1050x injector, 320Lph AEM pump and flex fuel regulator. It was a wonderful setup - 366AWHP and 460FTLB torque. It boogied...

But I digrest...get a good launch and you'll be able to win in a 1/4. Play the street racing game and get his intercooler heat soaked 😂

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
A race wont be happening this weekend as I'm too busy but maybe the holiday weekend I can make something happen, we'll see. We also live a good 1.5 hours apart but we both love driving so not a real issue.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Ya but... You're the one who said quarter mile. I'm not surprised the type R is close to the pp1, but the type R the STI is not.
I don't disagree. But isn't AWD supposed to be advantageous in every aspect of motorsports? Except maybe drifting.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Even that says 13.1 @ 104

An A10GT is a low 12 second car at 115-116

Not even close.
What about a 2016 stick? That's mine and I have PP1 wheels. I think on American Muscle they only got to 13.4 which would mean an STI is faster.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I don't disagree. But isn't AWD supposed to be advantageous in every aspect of motorsports? Except maybe drifting.
If I wouldn't have tree'd him this guy would have killed me in the first 330'.. I have 600whp (maybe not when heatsoaked in 100 temps but).. I had traction control on and launched pretty soft. My best 60' is 1.7...

His (STI) was obviously not stock.. What's funny is his girlfriend was in the car and he wasn't supposed to run better than a 14.. Needless to say, he got kicked out.

Forgot the attachment. I am right.

20210828_231624262_iOS.jpg
Sponsored