2021 WRX

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Someone in a different thread pointed out that the WRX gets marginally better if not same mpg than the GT. That right there is the single argument that killed the wrx for me. I would rather hear a V8 rumble and spin RWD than get a 4cylinder. Although the wrx costs a bit less and handles quiet well stock.
My brother gets like 14mpg in his modified 2019 STI. I average 20mpg every week before I reset it.
Sponsored

mfk2910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Farouk
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
My brother gets like 14mpg in his modified 2019 STI. I average 20mpg every week before I reset it.
That's insane man. Some diesel trucks get twice as much and they're trucks lol

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
That's insane man. Some diesel trucks get twice as much and they're trucks lol
Yep. When I race him, I'll be sure to point out that I beat him while consuming less fuel lol.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
my wife has a 2020 wrx... I'll literally will walk that car from the dig, from a roll, it doesn't matter... pushing the shit out of the car will take you to like 125-130... with the GT that's just a couple taps...

now, that wrx with filter, e85 and minor dumb bolts... yeah, it will move pretty good.

I'll grab my sti and do the same mods on the wrx, and i'm pretty sure, the wrx will be faster. the new engine is just plain better than the old sti one

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I had guy in an eco boost F150 want to race me from the light a couple of weeks ago
an EB3.5 has some impressive grunt. I haven't tried a 4W start though. I guess I'll have to give it a whirl.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Drag racing is as much of a race as racing at a circuit/track. You can't just show up with a fast car and expect to do well your first time. Drag racing involves skill just like circuit racing. Your reaction time means everything. For most, that takes practice.

Honestly, it sounds like you are bitter about what you're hearing in this thread. When someone brought credible proof that the GT was much quicker in the 1/4 mile, all of a sudden you don't think drag racing is real racing. C'mon man... no one said the STI was a bad car. It is just slower than a GT. In the real world it doesn't mean much since they are in different classes.
I'm just staying objective.

Now I'm not saying that there aren't variables to drag racing. But if it's coming down to reaction time, there's a cheaper solution: Reaction time testing.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
One came up behind me yesterday on a windy road. Well of course he's better at handling than I am, he finally passed me :) show off.... I'll post the video of it when I get home if it's on my dash cam still.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One came up behind me yesterday on a windy road. Well of course he's better at handling than I am, he finally passed me :) show off.... I'll post the video of it when I get home if it's on my dash cam still.
I think the other issue is just how cold the roads are. Makes a huge difference so being light as the STI is helpful.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I think the other issue is just how cold the roads are. Makes a huge difference so being light as the STI is helpful.
True... and my suspension is stock so can't really do stupid turns in it. But all good I'll give him the medal on curves. 😸

Sponsored
OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True... and my suspension is stock so can't really do stupid turns in it. But all good I'll give him the medal on curves. 😸
Depending on the time of day and how well you can warm your tires, you can probably dust him. What kind of tires are you on?

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Depending on the time of day and how well you can warm your tires, you can probably dust him. What kind of tires are you on?
I mean I did pretty good and not doing crazy speeds like he did when he passed me. I was just enjoying the road and the drive until he started to show off 🙄 I have Michelin P S 3 they're very good tires, a lot better than my old ones.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
an EB3.5 has some impressive grunt. I haven't tried a 4W start though. I guess I'll have to give it a whirl.
You should.

My '19 RCSB with the 5.0 is kind of a hoot with the rear diff locked and the front axle engaged burning E85..... :giggle:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I mean, Legos are pretty cool!
Fart piped tin can with four wheels. :crackup:
I don’t see the attraction. They look cheap to me. I do notice however that they are usually are piloted by some SAK willing to blow up the little S@itbox any given moment trying to prove a point.:crazy:

Last edited:
OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean I did pretty good and not doing crazy speeds like he did when he passed me. I was just enjoying the road and the drive until he started to show off 🙄 I have Michelin P S 3 they're very good tires, a lot better than my old ones.
Those are supposed to be awesome tires. Better than my Firehawks.
Sponsored