Sponsored

Ecoboost Mustang vs 2015 WRX

ebolamonkey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
Hey guys, following the discussion on the GT vs the STi, I was wondering what people thought about the little brothers of the two cars?

Mustang:
More HP and Torque, RWD, uses regular gas, looks fantastic. But not as practical as the WRX and won't be as good in rain and snow. Might be faster in a straight line, but we don't know final figures and weight.

Price hasn't been announced yet, but I've heard anywhere b/t $560-$2000 for the Ecoboost upgrade. But even at the high end, you're looking at roughly $25k for a base Ecoboost and $27k for premium (all MSRP).

Interior and included tech are better on the Mustang IMO. The new interior is much better than last-gen's and rear camera, keyless start, auto lane departure are all included. Not sure about LED or HID lights.

WRX:
Still plenty fast, AWD, uses premium gas, doesn't look nearly as good (IMO). But, has 4 doors, more rear leg room and better for all weather driving. Would be perfect for a ski trip with friends. 0-60 is slower than last year's due to additional shift, but reviews have been raving about the handling and very positive overall.

Price starts at $26k for base, $28k for premium and $30k for limited. But interior isn't as nice IMO, and doesn't come a lot of the tech that's included in the Mustang unless you get the Limited trim and add on a tech package ($2000). Also the infotainment system and navigation are supposed to be really bad.

So what do you guys think?
Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Hey guys, following the discussion on the GT vs the STi, I was wondering what people thought about the little brothers of the two cars?

Mustang:
More HP and Torque, RWD, uses regular gas, looks fantastic. But not as practical as the WRX and won't be as good in rain and snow. Might be faster in a straight line, but we don't know final figures and weight.

Price hasn't been announced yet, but I've heard anywhere b/t $560-$2000 for the Ecoboost upgrade. But even at the high end, you're looking at roughly $25k for a base Ecoboost and $27k for premium (all MSRP).

Interior and included tech are better on the Mustang IMO. The new interior is much better than last-gen's and rear camera, keyless start, auto lane departure are all included. Not sure about LED or HID lights.

WRX:
Still plenty fast, AWD, uses premium gas, doesn't look nearly as good (IMO). But, has 4 doors, more rear leg room and better for all weather driving. Would be perfect for a ski trip with friends. 0-60 is slower than last year's due to additional shift, but reviews have been raving about the handling and very positive overall.

Price starts at $26k for base, $28k for premium and $30k for limited. But interior isn't as nice IMO, and doesn't come a lot of the tech that's included in the Mustang unless you get the Limited trim and add on a tech package ($2000). Also the infotainment system and navigation are supposed to be really bad.

So what do you guys think?

Mustang: Beautiful

Subaru: Ugly

Mustang: Better Gas Mileage

Mustang: More Horsepower

:headbonk:

Ok, I know that's a little harsh, but I own a 2011 WRX Sedan as well as a Mustang, and I was so looking foward to adding a new 2015 WRX that looked like the CONCEPT CAR!! they showed. Just so disappointing. I know they improved the handling, but that's something that any after-market stuff could fix. I'm still considering adding an STI to the mix, because I like having an AWD for some of the stuff I do.
They had a real chance to completely re-image/design this car, but I think they blew it. 10yr old engine tech, and a mild body re-fresh :-(

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
in my opinion.. Subaru has one of the ugliest interiors in the business.
Subaru also thinks that their poorly equipped cars should fetch premium price because it has AWD.
It's their business motto.

OP
OP
ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
I think for me the tech included in the Mustang is really attractive. I want the keyless entry/start and LED headlights, but you can't get those options in the WRX unless you go for the Limited trim, which brings you over $30k. I just hope heated seats are included b/c those are so nice to have in the winter.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I think for me the tech included in the Mustang is really attractive. I want the keyless entry/start and LED headlights, but you can't get those options in the WRX unless you go for the Limited trim, which brings you over $30k. I just hope heated seats are included b/c those are so nice to have in the winter.
I just got a 21 wrx base model. I wouldn't sell my 19 gt to get this but it is a nice change of pace to drive. I haven't driven stick in over 50 years so it's a lot of fun. The wrx is more nimble but I put a bunch of steeda suspension parts on the stang and I feel a lot more confident driving it around corners. Maybe after I have the wrx for a while I'll feel differently. The biggest reason I bought it is the awd I live in the northeast and I need it for the snow. It's not a bad car but it's no mustang gt although it is fun.

Sponsored

brent_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT-A10-pp1-ruby red
I just got a 21 wrx base model. I wouldn't sell my 19 gt to get this but it is a nice change of pace to drive. I haven't driven stick in over 50 years so it's a lot of fun. The wrx is more nimble but I put a bunch of steeda suspension parts on the stang and I feel a lot more confident driving it around corners. Maybe after I have the wrx for a while I'll feel differently. The biggest reason I bought it is the awd I live in the northeast and I need it for the snow. It's not a bad car but it's no mustang gt although it is fun.
Lol, bumped an almost 8 year old thread. That has to be a record!
Anyways, congrats on having the best of both worlds

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Lol, bumped an almost 8 year old thread. That has to be a record!
Anyways, congrats on having the best of both worlds
Thanks I didn't realize that.
Sponsored