Sponsored

2021 PP1 vs Mach1

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yep, there was no such option with the Bullitt, and neither the other features, like LD, etc. ACC on a manual car makes no sense to me, but I'd have liked lane-departure warning. At least it came with blind-spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert, so that was enough :).
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That's why the Bullitt (PP1) was the most 'performance' I could get, since even with MagneRide, and in the softest mode, it's already too stiff for my wife. And borderline stiff for me on long trips. Wish normal was a bit more compliant.
Since you brought up PP2 I didn't launch into the Mach is a slightly reworked Bullitt viewpoint. The latter is more correct. Same wheel sizes, same intake, same shifter cue ball, same AE and tech contents, and so forth.

Ford Magneride needs serious help. We do NOT know which MR tune Ford is putting on the Mach1. Is it PP2, PP2 with MR powerpak, PP1, Bullitt, or GT350? Maybe there is a different tune based on HP vs non-HP Mach 1 packages. I wish Ford would quit playing coy with detailed and useful engineering details. Even better publish the force curves like tier-1 suspension providers do.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Yep, there was no such option with the Bullitt, and neither the other features, like LD, etc. ACC on a manual car makes no sense to me, but I'd have liked lane-departure warning. At least it came with blind-spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert, so that was enough :).
And rear parking sensors. Can't get that in a Mach 1. :party:

OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Go with the PP1, active exhaust and you will be thrilled.
Unfortunately I dont want active exhaust, only because I am in love with AWE touring exhaust which doesnt use active.

Sponsored

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Unfortunately I dont want active exhaust, only because I am in love with AWE touring exhaust which doesnt use active.
Hmm i guess this could be again Us vs Europe difference but i thought that you always get it. At least in Europe its a standard.

Also why you dont want it?

OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Hmm i guess this could be again Us vs Europe difference but i thought that you always get it. At least in Europe its a standard.

Pretty sure it's an extra $900 atleast on the PP1, it comes standard on the mach1 tho.
And I don't particularly want it because I am already set on getting a catback exhaust that doesn't use the active exhaust.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
more useless gimmicks to break and expensive to repair. If I want a quiet exhaust in the 6am startup I just stuff a banana in the pipe.

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
This is a tough one because Ford really screwed the customer over by bumping up the PP1 cost and downgrading the tires in the process. I had a 15 base and now a 20 PP1 and the handling is night and day. The Mach has the trans and the coolers that if you're going to track it make it worth it. For me, I don't like the giant black vinyl stripes that will almost certainly wear unless the car is a garage queen. Can take those off but I'm not sure how the car would look. Also, you said you're going to change the exhaust so the Mach makes less sense. I'd probably go PP1 but you can't go wrong either way.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
For me, I don't like the giant black vinyl stripes that will almost certainly wear unless the car is a garage queen. Can take those off but I'm not sure how the car would look.
Wouldn’t it just look like every other mustang if you took the stripes off? Seems easy to picture it in my mind

Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Go with the PP1, active exhaust and you will be thrilled.
I was thinking go with the PP1 and MR. I personally don't see the value in the AE.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
If I was buying today I would get a mach 1 10r80 track pack, or a 2018 gt pp1 and put a whipple on it. since I already have a 2018 gt pp1 im putting a whipple on it.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Trying to get outside opinions on what might be the better option to go with. Kind of like pros and cons of both. I feel like the only real reason to go with a Mach 1 is that it might hold its value better, and well it does look quite a bit better as well. The pp1 package is $6250 now which is insane and the biggest reason I would even consider a Mach1

MACH1BUILD.PNG

PP1BUILD.PNG
If money is not a factor I would go with the Mach1. If it is, keep two things in mind. As someone mentioned already, the price of the pp may have gone up $1k-$2k but the price of the same car with the pp is only a couple hundred dollars more then last year. Second, you should not be paying anywhere near msrp for the GT.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Second, you should not be paying anywhere near msrp for the GT.
9% off + rebates for GT, 7% off on Mach1 should be the most one pays.

Last edited:

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB