2021 PP1 vs Mach1

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Trying to get outside opinions on what might be the better option to go with. Kind of like pros and cons of both. I feel like the only real reason to go with a Mach 1 is that it might hold its value better, and well it does look quite a bit better as well. The pp1 package is $6250 now which is insane and the biggest reason I would even consider a Mach1

MACH1BUILD.PNG

PP1BUILD.PNG
OP, get the Mach 1 for sure. I didn't see any real comparisons here. I went back and forth until I really examined the differences. There are soooo many. People talk without really looking at details. The details are where the Mach 1 shines. This information is available all over the internet.

I have owned a Bullitt. Most owners loved them. They are very similar to the PP1 in nearly every way.

But... the Mach 1 is NOT. It has the Tremec. The Shelby's excellent transmission. It has Rev Matching on the Tremec which the Shelby did not. It has a unique exhaust which I believe will LOVE more than any aftermarket exhaust. I know because I heard it. Not the regular active exhaust. Then you have the GT350/500 suspension parts, the coolers. Wider tires than the PP1. Different intake, suspension tuning.

The Mach I is the most complete Mustang there is. Period. Naysayers talk about adding parts, blah, blah, blah. And, when they trade it in or sell it, those parts REDUCE resale. Plus, often times they look hideous.

The Mach I is a FORD name, unlike Shelby which is a name Ford pays to slap on their cars.

BTW, if you are in the service, I thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
But... the Mach 1 is NOT. It has the Tremec. The Shelby's excellent transmission. It has Rev Matching on the Tremec which the Shelby did not. It has a unique exhaust which I believe will LOVE more than any aftermarket exhaust. I know because I heard it. Not the regular active exhaust. Then you have the GT350/500 suspension parts, the coolers. Wider tires than the PP1. Different intake, suspension tuning.

BTW, if you are in the service, I thank you.
WHAT IF...I want the A10 haha

And I appreciate that :)

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
WHAT IF...I want the A10 haha

And I appreciate that :)
The you will get revised transmission tuning from the GT and and additional automatic transmission cooler.

OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
The you will get revised transmission tuning from the GT and and additional automatic transmission cooler.
Honestly after all the comments...the Mach 1 def seems like a solid option, however, it seems like I should only get the Mach1 if I was tracking the car since realistically that is what is was desinged for...which im not likely going to do. I really like the looks of the Mach1 but I dont think just having the aesthetics really justifies me spending that much more, hopefully the front bumper becomes a aftermarket thing here soon.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Honestly after all the comments...the Mach 1 def seems like a solid option, however, it seems like I should only get the Mach1 if I was tracking the car since realistically that is what is was desinged for...which im not likely going to do. I really like the looks of the Mach1 but I dont think just having the aesthetics really justifies me spending that much more, hopefully the front bumper becomes a aftermarket thing here soon.
That's my problem with a Mach 1. I thought about buying one for a minute but realized I'd never use it for what it was designed for. They look cool and have all the goods, but would be wasted on me. They're not an investment, and I don't consider their resale value as a perk.

Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Personal preference: Mach 1. I think it looks better than the current EcoBoost/GT Mustangs. Also, the Mach 1 is a limited-run model, so that could mean more exclusivity not to mention a better resale value later down the road.

-SG

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You have disqualified yourself from ever driving or being a passenger in a Tesla!
Hey, I have a Tesla (bought it for my wife) with FSD (full self driving), and have only use that crap when eating a snack, since it drives itself. Other than that, just like on any other car, only use regular c/c maybe 5 minutes on each long trip. And most of that time is following cops.

As a side comment, I used to dismiss Teslas, but they're actually one of the best driving cars as far as driving dynamics (steering, suspension, etc). And they're super fast, feeling actually quicker than they are due to the instant acceleration. I hate to admit it, but it leaves my Bullitt in the dust. Ha ha.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Wouldn’t it just look like every other mustang if you took the stripes off? Seems easy to picture it in my mind
No, the front nose piece is completely different including the grill. Check out the original post and see the pretty pictures.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
For me personally, the biggest reason to go with GT PP1 instead of Bullitt or Mach1 was the option to get it in convertible form. Probably not what you're looking for, but worth mentioning anyway. I only want a good convertible cruiser, everything else is optional.

Also, people used to complain about the inability to get Adaptive cruise control on Mach1. Not sure if that's still true. But may be a deal-breaker for some, too.
Spoke to Ford today. The Mach 1 doesn't have ACC. Don't know why though...
Sponsored