bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LOL a vidoe on a country rd. The ZL1 would put more than 2 lenths on you in a 1/4 mile drag race. And itll just get uglier top speed where horse power really comes in to play. If your going to squirrel the thread. At least make it interesting.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Clearly if the 2020 GT500 has less then 790 hp Ford needs to do a special GT 500 like dodge does the Hellcat. Hellcat Redeye then Ford needs to do a GT500 King of the Road with 800+ hp. :thumbsup:

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
LOL a vidoe on a country rd. The ZL1 would put more than 2 lenths on you in a 1/4 mile drag race. And itll just get uglier top speed where horse power really comes in to play. If your going to squirrel the thread. At least make it interesting.
Sorry son, this was at NoFlyZone Midwest half mile competitions at the airfield in Rantoul IL a couple weeks ago. Try again...

The FBO Hellcat on drag radials fared better...

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Sorry son, this was at NoFlyZone Midwest half mile competitions at the airfield in Rantoul IL a couple weeks ago. Try again...

The FBO Hellcat on drag radials fared better...
Are you done? LOL now you wannna claim your keeping up with 750-850WHP hellcats??? Because you're the only guy on this entire sight. That thinks stock 5.0s are within spitting distance of a ZL1 from a roll.:doh: See the picture in my sig. Son? I do this shit for real. And go faster in a Quarter mile. Than you do in a half mile. Now let the big boys get back to a sensible conversation.;)

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I'm not sure where you guys have seen the cars race at in a straight line but the GT500 wont need much to beat them. At the half mile runs my stock '18 GT PP A10 is side-by-side with a TrackHawk and 2 cars behind a 6th Gen ZL1 :shrug:
****And then you stopped dreaming and woke up.

Fixed it for you lol :lol:

It's retards like this that genuinely believe the 18 GT is a magic missile that can keep up with ZL1's and hellcats that make mustang owners look like morons to the Camaro and Dodge lads. :crazy::headbonk::frusty:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Are you done? LOL now you wannna claim your keeping up with 750-850WHP hellcats??? Because you're the only guy on this entire sight. That thinks stock 5.0s are within spitting distance of a ZL1 from a roll.:doh: See the picture in my sig. Son? I do this shit for real. And go faster in a Quarter mile. Than you do in a half mile. Now let the big boys get back to a sensible conversation.;)
A real OG part throttle races lol get out of here little man!

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Guess I struck a nerve with some internet racers lol
Carry on with your hypothetical conversation....

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I don't even see people cross shopping like this.

The hellcat is great of you don't use your steering wheel to turn, or your brakes to brake. If driving a strait line is all you are about, then the hellcat is it. But unfortunately, my commutes require steering wheel input, so I see no reason for a fake sporty car.

But, if 1/4 miles is your thing then see cobra jet, eos.
The HC handles surprisingly well for what it is and its brakes are phenomenal. Not sure where your coming from.

Sponsored

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
The ZL1 is not as fast as it's HP suggests. But it should be a solid second or more faster than a gt.

****And then you stopped dreaming and woke up.

Fixed it for you lol :lol:

It's retards like this that genuinely believe the 18 GT is a magic missile that can keep up with ZL1's and hellcats that make mustang owners look like morons to the Camaro and Dodge lads. :crazy::headbonk::frusty:
My favorite part about this is that most gt350 race teams switch to coyote because voodoo won't stay together. Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
The ZL1 is not as fast as it's HP suggests. But it should be a solid second or more faster than a gt.

My favorite part about this is that most gt350 race teams switch to coyote because voodoo won't stay together. Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

Well they certainly aren't switching to 18 Coyotes :headbonk: Lovely valves ya got there

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Are you stock..? Then nothing you are saying is pertinent.

As you may know, driver and car's aero has as much to do with 100MPH+ than does horsepower.

Do you know how fast a newer stock mustang is..? Much quicker than an older s550. Not sure why you don't know this.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette

As you may know, driver and car's aero has as much to do with 100MPH+ than does horsepower.

Do you know how fast a newer stock mustang is..? Much quicker than an older s550. Not sure why you don't know this.
LOL sorry but the 2018 Mustang didn't magically gain several hundred horsepower.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

I have driven a 2018 Mustang. I also know that every tenth in the 1/4 mile is ruffly a car length. And the 18 mustang on average is 12.2@119 to the ZL1 11.5@125. So that's six lenths to begin with. Further more. This 1/2 mile races are still started from a standing start. Where it's much easier to launch a 460HP car vs. a 650-850HP car. Any advantage will be gained at the start of the race. Not the end where both cars are pulling. All those videos show me is a 5.0 that ran up against a guy in a more powerful car that couldn't launch his car. Which is common as f%&K. If you spent as much time as me at the drag strip you'd have seen this a million times. Horsepower wins roll races. And the ZL1 has 200 more of that where it counts. The 18 5.0 is not a silver bullet! It doesn't kill monsters. The pertinent part to what I was pointing out. Is I have extensive knowledge of going fast in a straight line compared to most on here. Now you goggle me where the 18 mustang has enough Aero compared to a ZL1. To make up for a 200HP short fall. And a 230 torque short fall. Your next reply should be interesting.
Sponsored

Last edited: