Sponsored

2020 GT500 vs. Hellcat vs. ZL1

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I have driven a 2018 Mustang. I also know that every tenth in the 1/4 mile is ruffly a car length. And the 18 mustang on average is 12.2@119 to the ZL1 11.5@125. So that's six lenths to begin with. Further more. This 1/2 mile races are still started from a standing start. Where it's much easier to launch a 460HP car vs. a 650-850HP car. Any advantage will be gained at the start of the race. Not the end where both cars are pulling. All those videos show me is a 5.0 that ran up against a guy in a more powerful car that couldn't launch his car. Which is common as f%&K. If you spent as much time as me at the drag strip you'd have seen this a million times. Horsepower wins roll races. And the ZL1 has 200 more of that where it counts. The 18 5.0 is not a silver bullet! It doesn't kill monsters. The pertinent part to what I was pointing out. Is I have extensive knowledge of going fast in a straight line compared to most on here. Now you goggle me where the 18 mustang has enough Aero compared to a ZL1. To make up for a 200HP short fall. And a 230 torque short fall. Your next reply should be interesting.

Sorry bro, but what do you know about the half mile...? Or aero..?

hint: There is no burnout box, or light tree at a 1/2 mile events...lol

People are just blasting their cars down a runway...

Nobody is giving out trophies for best start, etc. So what you know doesn't matter, because it isn't part of the fun. I know people who blast down the 1/2 mile with their air on.

Coincidentally, most 1/2 mile events are not artificial and meant for the blowhard who seeks tenth of a second for bragging rights.

Do people on the highway, turn off their air, when blasting down the highways..? Do they lighten their car, to blast down the highways..? Do they pull over and magically put slicks on their car, before they blast..?
Additionally, 1/2 mile events typically are not a drag race, they are terminal velocity tests..

Thanks for your "drag racing" input, but anybody can drag race and anybody can beat your car if they have more $$ than you, it is a penis measuring contest of who is willing to spend more. Please don't kid yourself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Sorry bro, but what do you know about the half mile...? Or aero..?

hint: There is no burnout box, or light tree at a 1/2 mile events...lol

People are just blasting their cars down a runway...

Nobody is giving out trophies for best start, etc. So what you know doesn't matter, because it isn't part of the fun. I know people who blast down the 1/2 mile with their air on.

Coincidentally, most 1/2 mile events are not artificial and meant for the blowhard who seeks tenth of a second for bragging rights.

Do people on the highway, turn off their air, when blasting down the highways..? Do they lighten their car, to blast down the highways..? Do they pull over and magically put slicks on their car, before they blast..?
Additionally, 1/2 mile events typically are not a drag race, they are terminal velocity tests..

Thanks for your "drag racing" input, but anybody can drag race and anybody can beat your car if they have more $$ than you, it is a penis measuring contest of who is willing to spend more. Please don't kid yourself.
You glossed over the part where I asked you to provide. The aero specs of both cars. And how the mustang had enough to overcome 200 hp. All contests of speed are dick measuring contests. And all contests of speed will be decided by who spent the most. Finally whats the deference between the blowhard that goes after a tenth. Or the blowhard that brags about how fast they went in a half mile? Or circled a track the fastest?. Since you have this great understanding of half mile races. Do both cars not start at the same time? They do right? Explain how getting a good start isnt important? Dont kid your self. Im sorry but people that think a car thats giving up 200-400hp to car in its same class. Is keeping up. Sound like idiots.

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You glossed over the part where I asked you to provide. The aero specs of both cars. And how the mustang had enough to overcome 200 hp. All contests of speed are dick measuring contests. And all contests of speed will be decided by who spent the most. Finally whats the deference between the blowhard that goes after a tenth. Or the blowhard that brags about how fast they went in a half mile? Or circled a track the fastest?. Since you have this great understanding of half mile races. Do both cars not start at the same time? So explain how getting a good start isnt important? Dont kid your self. Im sorry but people that think a car thats giving up 200-400hp to car in its same class. Is keeping up. Sound like idiots.

No, I outright told you that you don't know anything about 1/2 mile blasts.

Nobody said anything about the MUSTANG aero, only that it is obviously better than the hellcat's, and something you refuse to consider. Which means you don't know about 1/2 mile runs.

And no, not all contest are about dick measuring... it is about fun. I highly doubt you make a living 1/10 at a time, so please stfu about drag racing, when talking about 1/2 mile events. They are different. Some people roll off the line, every dig is a gentleman's agreement.

Many (most) 1/2 mile events are not even timed, they are "look at my speedo" as I cross the line. You are trying to overblown your hardness, because you think you are a great dragster and think drag racing rules applies to everyone. A good start isn't important, because you are not racing the guy next to you, he can start 5s ahead, it won't change your terminal speed. (laugh is on you).

You can't admit, that the video posted above can happen and did happen. You are trying to get all technical explain to us numbers, while refuting reality.

Here is a vid of an average 1/2 mile event. The star of the show isn't a car, it is the flag girl:

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
No, I outright told you that you don't know anything about 1/2 mile blasts.

Nobody said anything about the MUSTANG aero, only that it is obviously better than the hellcat's, and something you refuse to consider. Which means you don't know about 1/2 mile runs.

And no, not all contest are about dick measuring... it is about fun. I highly doubt you make a living 1/10 at a time, so please stfu about drag racing, when talking about 1/2 mile events. They are different. Some people roll off the line, every dig is a gentleman's agreement.

Many (most) 1/2 mile events are not even timed, they are "look at my speedo" as I cross the line. You are trying to overblown your hardness, because you think you are a great dragster and think drag racing rules applies to everyone. A good start isn't important, because you are not racing the guy next to you, he can start 5s ahead, it won't change your terminal speed. (laugh is on you).

You can't admit, that the video posted above can happen and did happen. You are trying to get all technical explain to us numbers, while refuting reality.

Here is a vid of an average 1/2 mile event. The star of the show isn't a car, it is the flag girl:
LOL It happened in the video speed racer posted because of driver error! Not because a 460HP Mustang magically keeps up with a 650HP ZL1. You brought up Aero. Not me. Then you quickly steered away from it. Once I asked you to prove to me. The Mustang has enough aero to make up for 200HP. which u and I both know isn't happening. And you NOW want to compare a 2018 Mustangs aero to a bolt on Hellcat. That probably sitting on a 300WHP advantage?:headbonk: Jeezus kid. Really? All the Aero on earth doesn't over come 300WHP. And again I don't think you understand racing at all. But the flag girl starts both cars at the same time!!! Just like the timing lights do in a drag race!!! The video you posted made my point for me in the first 5 seconds. One car launched good. The other didn't.:doh: When both the ZL1 and the 18 Mustang leave the line at the same time. The ZL1 will be 10-12 car lengths ahead of a 2018 GT at the half mile. Because of the extra 200HP. Speed racers videos only show the end of the race. Not the beginning where he obviously gained advantage because some poor dipshit in a zl1 was doing a 5 second burnout. Instead of launching. Shit he was probably racing stick shift car. You don't sound like you understand straight line racing at all. In a straight line. The launch is everything! I don't care if it's 1/8 mile or 1/2 mile. Once a car is out in front of you. It takes time & power to overcome that car.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Here is a roll race between a stock 18 mustang vs a stock 485HP challanger…..From a roll. Notice the Aero of the 2 different Mustangs cant even overcome the 15HP advantage of the Challenger. Once the standing start is take out of the equasion! God help you against a car with 200-400 more Horse power.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]a9ScEZLsv9U[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]vhs8Cgv1pPs[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I think you are missing the point here.

Not all side by side comparisons/races are determined by horsepower. In which you suggest nothing else matters. And then subsequently trying to tell us all here, that the video someone supplied isn't legit or can't be... bcz u drag race and know things.

Coincidentally, nobody is talking about 300hp differences, etc.. except you. You are saying the cars drive themselves and people aren't involved which is laughable and in your face stupid. Specially when you are calling other people liars for posting a vid of reality.

BTW... I asked you about aero, not the other way around. And you refuse to admit aero at 1/2 mile (120mph+) doesn't matter...? Just like reaction time doesn't matter in 1/2 mile, because there is no light tree. (Again laugh is on you, for being an overbearing tryhard about cars blasting down a runway)

The vid I posted illustrates what you can not comprehend, that no matter how slow you are to react to the flag girl means nothing to your terminal speed. Flag drops and you stand there for 5 seconds... doesn't mean anything for the distance traveled. You are not being timed. (o_O)

Just like on the streets. Nobody drives around with skinny wheels on the front except tryhards, understand..?

I am saying I think you should stop telling other about reality and learn to accept that 99.99% of people who own sportcars, have never went to a dragstrip. And don't care about it. And blasting a car is not text book or based on only horsepower.

Have you ever been at 100MPH side by side and dropped the hammer next to another car..? Tell us again how HP and book numbers makes the win.. you can't because gear selection, and other factors play a big roll in the outcome.

Funny how you purport to KNOW how many lengths of a car is ahead, based on HP alone. When videos on the net prove otherwise illustrating that drivers matter as much as HP.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I think you are missing the point here.

Not all side by side comparisons/races are determined by horsepower. In which you suggest nothing else matters. And then subsequently trying to tell us all here, that the video someone supplied isn't legit or can't be... bcz u drag race and know things. I'll take my real experience. Over your youtube experience any time!

Coincidentally, nobody is talking about 300hp differences, etc.. except you. You are saying the cars drive themselves and people aren't involved which is laughable and in your face stupid. Specially when you are calling other people liars for posting a vid of reality.You mellow head. I said that speed racer won because of driver error. Go back and reread! Secondly 300HP is litterly the difference between a bolt on hell cat and a stock GT.(see speed racers second Video) that why I bring the number up. Your not even in the conversation any more. Your just typing.

BTW... I asked you about aero, not the other way around. And you refuse to admit aero at 1/2 mile (120mph+) doesn't matter...? Just like reaction time doesn't matter in 1/2 mile, because there is no light tree. (Again laugh is on you, for being an overbearing tryhard about cars blasting down a runway)

The vid I posted illustrates what you can not comprehend, that no matter how slow you are to react to the flag girl means nothing to your terminal speed. Flag drops and you stand there for 5 seconds... doesn't mean anything for the distance traveled. You are not being timed. (o_O)But it does matter when your claiming to beat a much more power car by only 2 car lenths.:doh: It explains how this nosensible video happened!

Just like on the streets. Nobody drives around with skinny wheels on the front except tryhards, understand..?No explain it to me. Tell me about how you real street outlaws do it. in your 300HP BMWs.

I am saying I think you should stop telling other about reality and learn to accept that 99.99% of people who own sportcars, have never went to a dragstrip. And don't care about it. And blasting a car is not text book or based on only horsepower.

Have you ever been at 100MPH side by side and dropped the hammer next to another car..? Tell us again how HP and book numbers makes the win.. you can't because gear selection, and other factors play a big roll in the outcome.Yes I've roll raced. It works just like the two videos I posted. where evenly powered cars DONT run off on each other. While cars with a lot more power does run off on the less powerful cars. These are not exotics they are pony cars! If you believe a GT is hanging from a roll or even only losing by 2 car lenths to a ZL1. Your just plain stupid.

Funny how you purport to KNOW how many lengths of a car is ahead, based on HP alone. When videos on the net prove otherwise illustrating that drivers matter as much as HP.
The video shows only the end of the race! What are you not understanding?????????? Tis wasn't a roll race. THE LAUNCH MATTERS!!!!!!!!! You retards that think A GT is keeping up with a Much more powerful car just make the entire Mustang forum look bad! The Camaro6 & challenger guys love nitwits like you! And every time they talk about Mustang guys being ridiculous. They'll use you as an example,

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Facts are, You do not have any real experience in blasting a 1/2 mile.

No, you accosted another member here, because you didn't understand runway blast aren't based on time & then purported to know everything.

The title is GT500 VS... and you are using a GT as your means of debate. Makes you 300HP advantage very trying and ridiculous. You are confusing someone's else argument and points with mine. The video isn't a lie, it is what happens occasionally when you have normal people behind the wheel of their cars.

FWIW: My BMW will outhandling your 9 second Mustang all day long, it will also out brake your 9 second car all day long. Sorry, those are the facts. Sorry that you are hard up about 1 single aspect of performance & it is hilarious.

2020 GT500 vs Hellcat vs Zl1. Right..?

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Facts are, You do not have any real experience in blasting a 1/2 mile.

No, you accosted another member here, because you didn't understand runway blast aren't based on time & then purported to know everything.

The title is GT500 VS... and you are using a GT as your means of debate. Makes you 300HP advantage very trying and ridiculous. You are confusing someone's else argument and points with mine. The video isn't a lie, it is what happens occasionally when you have normal people behind the wheel of their cars.

FWIW: My BMW will outhandling your 9 second Mustang all day long, it will also out brake your 9 second car all day long. Sorry, those are the facts. Sorry that you are hard up about 1 single aspect of performance & it is hilarious.

2020 GT500 vs Hellcat vs Zl1. Right..?

Someone else brought the GT into the discussion, with said video of the end of a 1/2 mile race :lol::lol::lol::lol:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Someone else brought the GT into the discussion, with said video of the end of a 1/2 mile race :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Correct^
Then someone else refuted the video and called it fake, because one car has more horsepower. As if there are no other factors involved, except horsepower.

Please follow along.

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Correct^
Then someone else refuted the video and called it fake, because one car has more horsepower. As if there are no other factors involved, except horsepower.

Please follow along.

The claim being refuted is that there is literally anyway possible in an even match with experienced drivers that a stock A10 Mustang GT can beat a Hellcat or ZL1. I have been following along with my popcorn, watching as the name of the Mustang fans is dragged through the dirt as people try to argue that an A10 GT is an actual threat to the ZL1/Hellcat.

Stop trying to corner this argument to try to make you win, bringing in "oh, driver experience. drag coefficient. tire resistance." His claim was that the GT500 wasn't needed to race against the Hellcat or ZL1 as the A10 is sufficient, others are telling him that driver in the ZL1 was ass and clipping the end of a race without the beginning is suspicious. Then you chime in declaring the obvious, that bad drivers can be beaten by competent ones regardless of car.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Correct^
Show us a video where a stock Mustang a10 beats a zL1 or a hellcat, plz...

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
The claim being refuted is that there is literally anyway possible in an even match with experienced drivers that a stock A10 Mustang GT can beat a Hellcat or ZL1. I have been following along with my popcorn, watching as the name of the Mustang fans is dragged through the dirt as people try to argue that an A10 GT is an actual threat to the ZL1/Hellcat.

Stop trying to corner this argument to try to make you win, bringing in "oh, driver experience. drag coefficient. tire resistance." His claim was that the GT500 wasn't needed to race against the Hellcat or ZL1 as the A10 is sufficient, others are telling him that driver in the ZL1 was ass and clipping the end of a race without the beginning is suspicious. Then you chime in declaring the obvious, that bad drivers can be beaten by competent ones regardless of car.
I like How I said the only way that a GT was two cars lenths back from the ZL! in the Video was because of driver error. Then he brings up driver error like it was his idea or something. My boy went so far off the tracks I lost interest in the debate.:lol:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Nope! (You are using an ad hominem attack)

I never mentioned driver error. I was simply stating that your observation are off. And that you didn't think it was possible for a normal 2018 GT w/ 460hp could be within a few lengths of a car with 250hp advantage. And your reasons why where that you have a 9 second mustang and blahh blahh blahh.

Yet there was a video of it.

So I entered the conversation and suggested it was possible.

OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Nope! (You are using an ad hominem attack)

I never mentioned driver error. I was simply stating that your observation are off. And that you didn't think it was possible for a normal 2018 GT w/ 460hp could be within a few lengths of a car with 250hp advantage. And your reasons why where that you have a 9 second mustang and blahh blahh blahh.

Yet there was a video of it.

So I entered the conversation and suggested it was possible.
Nope, my reasoning was 460HP pony cars dont keep up with 650HP pony cars. You seam to believe they do.
Sponsored