• Total voters

Angelsbane72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS
I am hearing some buyers are getting this message upon checking with order status with dealers.
Do we know what is affected? base, CFTP, or mod center content items like striping?
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
1. UNSCHEDULED MATERIAL HOLD

· The vehicle order has been uploaded into the system by the dealer.

2. UNSCHEDULED CLEAN

· The manufacturing plant has uploaded the order information from the dealer into their database.

· Dealership will provide owner with VIN once vehicle is serialized. (Raptors taking longer).

3. SCHEDULED TO A WEEK OF ___________

· Once vehicle is serialized with VIN, manufacturing plant will schedule build week.

4. SCHEDULED TO THE DAY OF ___________

· That’s the day the vehicle is scheduled to be complete and roll off the assembly line.

5. PRODUCED.

· Vehicle is produced and awaiting quality checks and/or repairs.

6. RELEASED AWAITING SHIPMENT

· Vehicle has passed the quality check and is waiting for a railcar or trucking company to pick it up.

· Typically logistics require multiple vehicles going to an area and ensure the railcar and or truck trailer is completely full before transit.

7. SHIPPED WITH A CARRIER LISTED

· Vehicle is in transit

· Estimated Time of Arrival to dealer can be given to customer at this point.

· Periodic intermediate check-in points may be listed in the Vehicle Tracking system as the vehicle moves

8. DELIVERED

· They Vehicle Tracking System will provide a date and final destination.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
In reality it goes more like unscheduled material hold to the point that you get a VIN. Once you get the VIN, you get a sticker. Once you get a sticker, you get a blend date. Once you get a blend date, then you wait for shipping. Once it's shipped, then you wait for delivery.

Ask me how I know.

Don't overcomplicate things.

OP
OP
Angelsbane72

Angelsbane72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS
1. UNSCHEDULED MATERIAL HOLD

· The vehicle order has been uploaded into the system by the dealer.

2. UNSCHEDULED CLEAN

· The manufacturing plant has uploaded the order information from the dealer into their database.

· Dealership will provide owner with VIN once vehicle is serialized. (Raptors taking longer).
I am familiar with the order process, I believe I've ordered vehicles that have skipped the "unscheduled- material hold" step and went right to unscheduled-clean shortly after being entered in WBDO/CONCEPS.

Generally the hold is placed by the plant itself, and my question is more along the lines of: do we know of any builds that would require a hold at this time?

OP
OP
Angelsbane72

Angelsbane72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS
All of them go on material hold as soon as the dealer places the order.
I do not recall this happening on other vehicles I've ordered through production for Ford; nor do I see it for other 2020 mustang orders in vehicle visibility.

"Them" may be unique in this case for 2020 GT350/R/500

A normal order would go to Unscheduled- Clean shortly after DORA is generated, given no other holds are applied by marketing/plant/etc.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
As of Friday 8/2 my car is still "Unscheduled Material Hold", it has been at this status since the day it was ordered 7/1/2019.
I received my DORA on 7/2/2019.

OP
OP
Angelsbane72

Angelsbane72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS
As of Friday 8/2 my car is still "Unscheduled Material Hold", it has been at this status since the day it was ordered 7/1/2019.
And that's what I am getting at....the plant is placing a hold, seemingly on most (i've seen some recently scheduled) orders.

Again, most vehicles go right to the Unscheduled- Clean phase, including base 2020 mustang.
For example, the GT350 (body code P8J) shows instances of going right to Unscheduled- Clean status.
Another example would be 2017 Focus RS, which never had the Unscheduled- Material Hold status.

We seem to be in special situation with the GT500, which, granted its unique commodities vs base mustang, is somewhat warranted.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
They always place a hold on cars that cannot be built, no parts no build. They don't warehouse the parts, the parts are scheduled to arrive when needed. That's why they schedule one week at a time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Angelsbane72

Angelsbane72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS
They always place a hold on cars that cannot be built, no parts no build. They don't warehouse the parts, the parts are scheduled to arrive when needed. That's why the schedule one week at a time.
I am aware...that is my point...can we guesstimate which parts, from which packages, etc...

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Not that I am aware of short of having a contact in Ford that has access to scheduling and logistics.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
My White car has only has one option, CF dash and the dash wasn't added until last week. You can't get much more basic than that.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I feel like I need to go to Ford and lean out there supply chain and increase manufacturing OEE. I hate hearing production is beong held up by parts.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
the poll would be better if you went by who is scheduled, or what options went through "clean".

I do not have CFTP, Handling, Painted stripes, or side stripes and scheduled very early

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I do not recall this happening on other vehicles I've ordered through production for Ford; nor do I see it for other 2020 mustang orders in vehicle visibility.

"Them" may be unique in this case for 2020 GT350/R/500

A normal order would go to Unscheduled- Clean shortly after DORA is generated, given no other holds are applied by marketing/plant/etc.
When did you order your car?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
And that's what I am getting at....the plant is placing a hold, seemingly on most (i've seen some recently scheduled) orders.

Again, most vehicles go right to the Unscheduled- Clean phase, including base 2020 mustang.
For example, the GT350 (body code P8J) shows instances of going right to Unscheduled- Clean status.
Another example would be 2017 Focus RS, which never had the Unscheduled- Material Hold status.

We seem to be in special situation with the GT500, which, granted its unique commodities vs base mustang, is somewhat warranted.
Have you taken into consideration that no 2020 GT500's are in production and the first ones won't get sent to plant until sometime in Sept? How many GT500's are going to be built each week? Can you post any Vehicle Visibly Report that support your statements?
Sponsored