Sponsored

2020 Died suddenly won't restart???

Stezlaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Soooo.......

2020 with about 6k miles and no previous issues. Drove it about 15 miles, made a quick stop (turned car off), started back normally, drove about 12 of the 15 miles back home and it suddenly shut off. Running fine the whole time - never any indication anything was about to go wrong - no noises, no hesitations, surging, nothing - just shut off. Wouldn't start back (or even try). Ignition would turn on and since I was able to coast to a safe place I hooked up OBDlink MX+ to it and the codes lit up like a Christmas tree. Here are some(all?) of them

p0600 - Serial Communication Link
p060a - Internal Control Module Monitoring Processor Performance
p2107 - Throttle Actuator A Control Module Processor
p2128 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch E Circuit High
U0300 - Internal Control Module Software Incompatible
U0162 - Lost Communication With Navigation Display Module
U1A00 - Private Communication Network
U0100 - Lost Communication with ECM/PCM A
U0401 - Invalid Data Received from ECM/PCM A
P193B - Throttle/Pedal Signal - Signal Invalid
B00A0 - Occupant Classification System
U3000 - Control Module - Bus Off
U0146 - Lost Communication With Serial Data Gateway A
U0447 - Invalid Data Received From Serial Data Gateway A

I tried clearing some codes but that didn't really help. I finally gave up and called a tow truck. Car has had an easy life so far, always let the cylinder heads get up to 135 degrees or higher before I even move the car, it has not been tracked, raced, etc, just a daily driver, really.. Was not run hard during this incident. Had just checked the oil yesterday (so far oil hasn't been a problem with this car), never hot, etc. But this really seems electrical, not mechanical. I swear I remember reading a thread on here about somebody having an issue with a wiring harness, but my search results leave much to be desired. I did just recently reprogram the speedometer for 30 series tires using FORScan from the directions on here and turned off that annoying horn honk when you get out of the car with it running, but again, it started/drove/ran fine, right up until it didn't. I would think if that screwed something up it would have been more immediate, wouldn't it?

Any ideas?

(Edited to include code descriptions)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Try pulling the battery for a bit and reconnecting, or testing with a known good battery, if you haven't already. My friends 2015 GT had a similar event about 6 months ago. It wouldn't so anything till he did that, and it's been fine since.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stezlaki

Stezlaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I hadn't thought about the battery since it's so new and have never had any indication that it might have an issue, but that does make sense that a battery/alternator could do something like that and they certainly do die whenever they feel like it, it seems. I wanted to bring it home, but had it towed to the dealer out of desperation - it was tricky enough getting it on the rollback without scraping, so I didn't want to have to tow it twice if I couldn't figure anything out at home. Not sure how "good" the dealer is but between me and my wife we have 3 "contacts" that work in the service department for whatever that's worth. Now I'm wondering if I should run back up there and pull the battery......nothing in my life is ever that simple, though....

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I hadn't thought about the battery since it's so new and have never had any indication that it might have an issue, but that does make sense that a battery/alternator could do something like that and they certainly do die whenever they feel like it, it seems. I wanted to bring it home, but had it towed to the dealer out of desperation - it was tricky enough getting it on the rollback without scraping, so I didn't want to have to tow it twice if I couldn't figure anything out at home. Not sure how "good" the dealer is but between me and my wife we have 3 "contacts" that work in the service department for whatever that's worth. Now I'm wondering if I should run back up there and pull the battery......nothing in my life is ever that simple, though....
I'd just run up when they open in the morning.

Batteries are odd, I've had them barely last a year, yet the original battery in my 2003 mach1 lasted 9 years.

OP
OP
Stezlaki

Stezlaki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I'd just run up when they open in the morning.

Batteries are odd, I've had them barely last a year, yet the original battery in my 2003 mach1 lasted 9 years.
I couldn't resist - ran up there and disconnected the battery for a few minutes then reconnected, but no change. Guess we'll see what they say tomorrow......or in 12 weeks when they get to it!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
My ā€˜19 with around 5,000 miles on it died at a red light the other day, very strange. It started right back up and hasnā€™t happened again. Just went on a 300mile trip this weekend and zero issues. Actually forgot about it until I read this thread.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Why mess with a brand new car. You risk messing with the warranty. My 17 messed up. Rather than taking the old approach, like we would do with cars before all of the electronics, I sold it back to Ford and got a new Shelby. Not that you are there yet, but let the dealer check it out. You also benefit from documenting visits to the dealer. Most lemon laws require several visits to the dealer before you have additional options.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Why mess with a brand new car. You risk messing with the warranty. My 17 messed up. Rather than taking the old approach, like we would do with cars before all of the electronics, I sold it back to Ford and got a new Shelby. Not that you are there yet, but let the dealer check it out. You also benefit from documenting visits to the dealer. Most lemon laws require several visits to the dealer before you have additional options.

Is not just several vitis, it also requires 30 to 60 days. Check your state lemon laws so you can know the exact time the dealer has to have your car before it does under the lemon law.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Is not just several vitis, it also requires 30 to 60 days. Check your state lemon laws so you can know the exact time the dealer has to have your car before it does under the lemon law.
Just saying document all problems at the dealer. Worked out good for me. You are right, know your local lemon laws.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
OP is far from lemon law. Most likely electric harness or battery. Iā€™ll be surprised if the issue is mechanical.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
OP is far from lemon law. Most likely electric harness or battery. Iā€™ll be surprised if the issue is mechanical.
I hope he understands my point. Document everything, don't wait till you meet the local lemon laws.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Can the dealer see he made changes with forscan and would that void warranty?
Sponsored