Car won't start!

RoushDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Track Pack with OTT #1794
After installing my Watson roll bar, the car will not start.
It turns over like normal and you can hear what sounds like the fuel pump when you push in the clutch before pushing the button.
Everything seems normal, except I don't think that it is getting fuel.
Any ideas where to look?
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Follow the fuel lines up to the fuel filter, make sure nothing was disturbed.

67GTA

67GTA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67GTA,69MACH1,09GT500,16GT350
Somewhere in the back seat side panels there is a connector to the fuel pumps. There are two pumps. When I got my car, one of the pumps went out and they found a loose wire in this connector. It showed a engine light when this happened.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
If you triggered the fuel pump shutoff, it should probably have a symbol for that lit (gas pump with a slash through it). According to the owner's manual, you'd do an ignition cycle twice to reset it.

1. Press the START/STOP button to switch off the ignition.
2. Press the brake pedal and press the START/STOP button to switch on the ignition.
3. Remove your foot from the brake or clutch pedal and press the START/STOP button to switch off the ignition.
4. Press the brake or clutch pedal and the START/STOP button, or switch on the ignition only by pressing the START/STOP button without pressing the brake or clutch pedal. Both ways re-enable the fuel system.

Cobra Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SP MKIII Cobra Roush 427SR, 2013 F250 FX4
RoushRider, more than likely you did not reconnect the ground wire for the fuel pump when you were installing your roll bar. It is a single wire held in place with one screw. I don't recall if it is on the right or left side.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
push the clutch and start button at the same time

OP
OP
RoushDriver

RoushDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Track Pack with OTT #1794
RoushRider, more than likely you did not reconnect the ground wire for the fuel pump when you were installing your roll bar. It is a single wire held in place with one screw. I don't recall if it is on the right or left side.
Yes, turns out ground wires on both sides and the one on the drivers side got pushed under the carpet while moving around in the car.
Finally found it at 6:30 AM and was able to hit the largest Mustang car show in the valley and won 1st place for my category.
People were drooling all over the car because there is only 1 other and it is a tech pack, in town.

Thanks for the help!