Sponsored

2019+ Spoiler Replacement Gurney Screws

That_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 K2284 --> L616
Anyone have any idea how to replace the 4 OE gurney flap screws for the rear spoiler? My car came with the handling package and the gurney flap was installed by the dealership. They discarded the original screws. Unfortunately, Ford seems to not offer these screws as a replacement part (you have to buy an entire spoiler for $$$ to get them). It blows my mind that visible screws on the exterior of the car seem to not be available as replacement parts...

I've tried contacting multiple people at Ford, and nobody seems to be willing or able to help. I'm thinking I can't be the only one that's had this happen...

At this point, I'm looking at buying some generic Philips screws and spray painting them black...which is OK but kinda hokey on a car like this.
Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Anyone have any idea how to replace the 4 OE gurney flap screws for the rear spoiler? My car came with the handling package and the gurney flap was installed by the dealership. They discarded the original screws. Unfortunately, Ford seems to not offer these screws as a replacement part (you have to buy an entire spoiler for $$$ to get them). It blows my mind that visible screws on the exterior of the car seem to not be available as replacement parts...

I've tried contacting multiple people at Ford, and nobody seems to be willing or able to help. I'm thinking I can't be the only one that's had this happen...

At this point, I'm looking at buying some generic Philips screws and spray painting them black...which is OK but kinda hokey on a car like this.
I would call Ford and complain.

The manual specifically says that the Gurney flap should not be used on the street and is for track use only.

Now if you take it off to comply with their instructions you'll have holes because the dealer tossed them.

Micklimey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 J0017

I work for a large fastener importer. Do you have a picture of the screw and the diameter, thread count or pitch(depending on metric or inch) and the length. If so let me know and if we carry them I’ll hook you up if you pay shipping.

OP
OP

That_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 K2284 --> L616
I work for a large fastener importer. Do you have a picture of the screw and the diameter, thread count or pitch(depending on metric or inch) and the length. If so let me know and if we carry them I’ll hook you up if you pay shipping.
Ooh that sounds great. I don't have a lot to go on here, but the screws look to be M6 machine screws, with a Torx T-20 head. I'll swing by Home Depot tomorrow and see if I can confirm that the are M6. The head itself is large - about 15 mm in diameter. Length of the screw (barrel only) is about 10 mm for the Gurney flap screws... the OE screws that I'm missing are shorter but otherwise identical. I don't know how long they are... maybe 5-7 mm? It does look like some kind of specialty screw though. I did try looking a bit online and came up dry. As for finish, it's black, but nothing a little bit of spray paint can't change.

Thanks!

Micklimey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 J0017
Ooh that sounds great. I don't have a lot to go on here, but the screws look to be M6 machine screws, with a Torx T-20 head. I'll swing by Home Depot tomorrow and see if I can confirm that the are M6. The head itself is large - about 15 mm in diameter. Length of the screw (barrel only) is about 10 mm for the Gurney flap screws... the OE screws that I'm missing are shorter but otherwise identical. I don't know how long they are... maybe 5-7 mm? It does look like some kind of specialty screw though. I did try looking a bit online and came up dry. As for finish, it's black, but nothing a little bit of spray paint can't change.

Thanks!
Okay, so five and seven would be a old ball length. I’ll look tomorrow and see what I can find with a fixed washer head in a M6-1.0 x 6... okay after looking I can get you a 6x8 of the link below. I’ll also look tomorrow and see what I have in stock.

https://eu.shop.bossard.com/media/product_datasheet/BN_30104_1_Bossard_1.pdf

Sponsored

Micklimey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 J0017

Deleted member 37397

Not sure if that bag includes the shorter screws but maybe they can be cut down?

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
They are M6, The head is 14mm and the length is 10mm if my eyes are seeing things right, (old eyes) T20 torx. Pics of my originals
20200310_103159.jpg
20200310_103100.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
My Gurney Flap was installed and is staying on. Don't understand the track only use.

OP
OP

That_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 K2284 --> L616
I confirmed today (as was confirmed above) that they are M6. I would gladly pay for some in Gurney flap (10mm) and OE (5-7mm???) Length. Black is awesome but if not I would paint them.

PS: Thanks guys for the pics and other info! Appreciated!

AlphaBravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

The dealer did the same thing to me. They had already installed the gurney flap with the longer screws, and did not give me the original, shorter screws.

Based on that, I am also interested in picking up some of the shorter screws in black.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
The dealer did the same thing to me. They had already installed the gurney flap with the longer screws, and did not give me the original, shorter screws.

Based on that, I am also interested in picking up some of the shorter screws in black.
I have a ‘19, and my original screws are the same length as the ones in the gurney flap pack (even though the instructions say they’re longer.) I wonder if some dealerships discarded originals screws because they were identical and figured there was no point in keeping both sets.

The ones that came with the ‘19 gurney flap fit perfectly inside the Swing without installing the gurney flap and don’t protrude at all.
Sponsored