Sponsored

Anderson Composites Non-R 2019 Swing & Gurney Flap

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I’m not following your thought process. If you are mounting the 2019+ swing to an R car, they are saying it will cover the two mounting holes for the stock wing. If you’re mounting to the non R car, then the holes from the old style spoiler will not line up with the new style swing.
Maybe I'm confused.
- From what I understand, you are asking if a 2019+ swing can be mounted to a pre-19 GT350 without drilling more holes.
- You were told by AC that no additional holes are required if you mount a 2019+ Swing onto a GT350R
- However, if you are mounting a 2019+ Swing onto a non-R you need to drill new holes and you will have a "newly exposed center hole"

If I have that right, it makes no sense.
- The R spoiler has two mounting points; one on each end
- It has nothing in the center
- The pre-19 has three mounting points--one on each end and one in the center
- The 19+ Swing has three mounting points--one on each end and one in the center

So, why would you need to drill new holes and fill in the center if you are mounting a three point Swing?

My swaps have been on same year: OEM Tech to CF Track Pack (holes matched). 2019+ OEM to 2019+ CF. I have not gone 19+ to pre-19, but I would bet they match. Either way, recommend you contact Lethal Performance. They will either know or find out immediately. AC has not proven to be a good source of info in my experience.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ARDrummond25

ARDrummond25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2017 Audi Q7 Premium
Maybe I'm confused.
- From what I understand, you are asking if a 2019+ swing can be mounted to a pre-19 GT350 without drilling more holes.
- You were told by AC that no additional holes are required if you mount a 2019+ Swing onto a GT350R
- However, if you are mounting a 2019+ Swing onto a non-R you need to drill new holes and you will have a "newly exposed center hole"

If I have that right, it makes no sense.
- The R spoiler has two mounting points; one on each end
- It has nothing in the center
- The pre-19 has three mounting points--one on each end and one in the center
- The 19+ Swing has three mounting points--one on each end and one in the center

So, why would you need to drill new holes and fill in the center if you are mounting a three point Swing?

My swaps have been on same year: OEM Tech to CF Track Pack (holes matched). 2019+ OEM to 2019+ CF. I have not gone 19+ to pre-19, but I would bet they match. Either way, recommend you contact Lethal Performance. They will either know or find out immediately. AC has not proven to be a good source of info in my experience.
i think we are on different pages here. On my 2017 non-R, I have a spoiler with 3 existing mounting holes, what I wanted to know is will the 2019+ swing mount to those holes. The answer from AC was no, I’ll need new holes, the outer OEM holes will be covered, but the center will not.

on an R car, since there’s no center hole from the OEM wing, the AC swing will not leave any exposed holes.

that’s how I interpreted their response.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
i think we are on different pages here. On my 2017 non-R, I have a spoiler with 3 existing mounting holes, what I wanted to know is will the 2019+ swing mount to those holes. The answer from AC was no, I’ll need new holes, the outer OEM holes will be covered, but the center will not.

on an R car, since there’s no center hole from the OEM wing, the AC swing will not leave any exposed holes.

that’s how I interpreted their response.
Understand now. If that's the case, you may want to contact @Lorne34 . He went the opposite direction (took off his Swing and mounted a MY15-18 Spoiler). Appears from his post that everything lined up perfectly.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-gt350-today.39940/page-528

OP
OP
ARDrummond25

ARDrummond25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Understand now. If that's the case, you may want to contact @Lorne34 . He went the opposite direction (took off his Swing and mounted a MY15-18 Spoiler). Appears from his post that everything lined up perfectly.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-gt350-today.39940/page-528
I reached out to him, thanks for the recommendation on that.

Perhaps I misunderstood part of their response as well. It would make sense if the swing holes reused the old mounting holes but did not cover the original spoiler center hole. That would reconcile the AC answer with Lorne34's experience. Or, perhaps the AC swing simply mounts up different than the Ford one. Either way, I shot him a PM.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I reached out to him, thanks for the recommendation on that.

Perhaps I misunderstood part of their response as well. It would make sense if the swing holes reused the old mounting holes but did not cover the original spoiler center hole. That would reconcile the AC answer with Lorne34's experience. Or, perhaps the AC swing simply mounts up different than the Ford one. Either way, I shot him a PM.
Sounds good.

As for the AC Swing vs. Ford Swing, they are a one for one swap with no additional holes needed. Ford does, however, have one additional small snap in mounting point on each side that the AC Swing doesn't have. No need to cover them though, because the Swing sits on top of them. I put some silicon tape over it just to be extra sure water doesn't seep in. I uploaded pictures on one of the links I posted earlier in this thread that may help explain. Anyway, hope it all works out.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm also that the holes for both the threaded bolts and the "guide bolts" match up on the 2016-2018 non-R 350's as well as the 2019-2020 with the Swing spoiler. I did notice the extra plastic clips on the ends. I ended up selling my swing to a local guy off a facebook marketplace ad, he has a 2017 grabber blue 350 and had no issues getting it installed. The guy who fixed my stripes and installed the new spoiler for me said he always adds a bit of silicone to the mount holes just to ensure no water gets in.

greyghost16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, TECH
I switched my tech pack spoiler on my 2016 Gt350 to the new AC Swing about 2 months ago. it was a perfect fit and was very easy to install. Covers and uses all original holes on my non R GT-350. Hardest part that you need to take your time on is getting old spoiler off. Hint: use heat gun and go slow!

I did not get the new swing for the added downforce... got a tech model so racing is not a real deal. But I got to tell you the new swing is the spoiler this car needed for the start. Look
swing #1.jpg
swing sunset 2.jpg
old spoiler.jpg
s so good and the AC just takes it to another level the CF is perfect.

OP
OP
ARDrummond25

ARDrummond25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Awesome news

OP
OP
ARDrummond25

ARDrummond25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I switched my tech pack spoiler on my 2016 Gt350 to the new AC Swing about 2 months ago. it was a perfect fit and was very easy to install. Covers and uses all original holes on my non R GT-350. Hardest part that you need to take your time on is getting old spoiler off. Hint: use heat gun and go slow!

I did not get the new swing for the added downforce... got a tech model so racing is not a real deal. But I got to tell you the new swing is the spoiler this car needed for the start. Look
swing #1.jpg
swing sunset 2.jpg
old spoiler.jpg
Looks phenomenal

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

swing #1.jpg
swing sunset 2.jpg
old spoiler.jpg
I have to say that I do like that better than the Tech Pkg spoiler. They really should have just left the trunk lid without anything on the Tech pkg model.
Sponsored