Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
WOO HOO Order checker e-mailed this morning, change of status. Cotus while it now shows in order processing, they did give me my VIN #.
Sponsored

znebsays

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
B
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey guys , found this forum through my misery search. Ordered my first mustang GT premium since 2002, car ordered may 23rd and was built August 6th as per my build date , and it has been awaiting shipment ever since with no date. It really was frustrating for me but through reading your stories through this forums it definitely makes me feel not alone.

Itā€™s honestly pretty pathetic the amount of terrible service I have received from ford , from their regional manager and dealer. No one seems to want to tell me where my vehicle is. Everyone provides a different answer.

Amazing how a 50k car is not trackable and just can sit in a lot for 27 days with zero reliability as to where the car is.

I feel like I should just cancel my order.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Hey guys , found this forum through my misery search. Ordered my first mustang GT premium since 2002, car ordered may 23rd and was built August 6th as per my build date , and it has been awaiting shipment ever since with no date. It really was frustrating for me but through reading your stories through this forums it definitely makes me feel not alone.

Itā€™s honestly pretty pathetic the amount of terrible service I have received from ford , from their regional manager and dealer. No one seems to want to tell me where my vehicle is. Everyone provides a different answer.

Amazing how a 50k car is not trackable and just can sit in a lot for 27 days with zero reliability as to where the car is.

Waiting for your Mustang to be built and delivered can be a hard and nerve racking experience as there is very little information and the car likes to go missing or get stuck somewhere, but it gets there in the end, just need to hang on in there and all these problems are soon forgotten when she turns up and you see her for the 1st time

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe

I understand your frustration, but you're (hopefully) 90% of the way there. And if you read a lot of the posts here, you will very likely love it once you drive it. Now, another option is to see if you can find a car you like off another dealer's lot...

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
Hey everyone, been lurking a while but today is a day of firsts. First COTUS update on my first Mustang so time for my first post. Loaded 2019 Mustang GT 401A PP car in Orange Fury. Ordered 7/13 and this morning COTUS updated for the first time to show "In order Processing" with a VIN #. Very excited but I've ordered cars before so still patiently waiting.

Sponsored

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Anybody find this odd: Dealer says that they can have multiple vehicles with the same order number. So for my order of ā€œL256ā€ itā€™s my Mustang and an F-250. Truckā€™s order date was 7/26. Mine 7/28. Same order number and Dealer code.
Problem is I wonā€™t be able to see any tracking in COTUS because the truckā€™s EDD is 10/5!, any only the truck shows up in COTUS now. Took 4 weeks of nothing then this truck. So I guess that means Iā€™m after the truck delivery??
This does not make sense to me. Reminds me of Y2K coding. ā€œWe only have 4 digits to run the whole ordering system for this billion dollar company.ā€
Can anyone shed some light on this? Anyway I can get my order info beyond this truck in COTUS? Or some other source?
From what I have read is that a dealer can use the same order code for many different orders. I would get a hold of Ford Performance Chat and tell them you would like the VIN Number for the Mustang on that order number. then forget the order number and just track it via the vin. Also check out the Auto Cotus Checker once you find your vin. You will get an email update every time status changes.

Krugar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey all, another EDD delay this time pushing it back another 2 weeks. Was originally 8/29 then 9/4 now all the way back to 9/20? Seems a bit ridiculous. For just having to come a couple hours to Cleveland area. Just annoyed and anxious.

CD7353AD-E4FC-429E-BC00-960191737AF5.png

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ā€˜21 Mustang Mach-1
From what I have read is that a dealer can use the same order code for many different orders. I would get a hold of Ford Performance Chat and tell them you would like the VIN Number for the Mustang on that order number. then forget the order number and just track it via the vin. Also check out the Auto Cotus Checker once you find your vin. You will get an email update every time status changes.
Awesome thanks! Will give them a chat and see about my VIN.

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
16 days in a railyard! My dealer says they are trying to reach out to the zone rep, but there is really nothing they can do. I donā€™t understand why if itā€™s on the ramp, why it just wouldnā€™t be loaded to a truck right away.

znebsays

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
B
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah I definitely feel your pain. From what I've been told from a ford insider is that 2019 ford mustangs that were awaiting shipment for a while were pulled back due to "quality inspection", what does that mean? Who knows, maybe a defective part that they had to load them up in assembly line again? Literally ordering a car has been one of the worst experiences for me, especially the service i've received from dealer and ford canada, it's honestly repulsive how these guys operate and they're such a massive company.

Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Ordered 8/24

GT Conv Premium, RR, 401A, A10, Active Exhaust, B&O, Luster Nickel Wheels, PP1, MagneRide

Z Plan

I'm not sure how long it will take to get a VIN.

I'm not exactly sure how this happened, but I ordered a week ago. It's scheduled and I have a VIN. It sure is nice to know people that know people. ;)

Last edited:

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
were pulled back due to "quality inspection", what does that mean? Who knows, maybe a defective part that they had to load them up in assembly line again?
Hopefully not for those 3/4 gear MT-82 shift forks! :shock:

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Awesome thanks! Will give them a chat and see about my VIN.
UPDATE: So finally got some good then great news.
GOOD News: I have a VIN! So today COTUS updated with a Mustang build that looks like mine. Sent VIN to dealer, and he confirmed it was my order! :whew: And it looks great, all the options there (except interior color). No EDD yet.

GREAT News: Dealer then pulled their backside info on my VIN (Ford Dealer Network??) and sent it to me. In there I noticed my Priority Code changed from the DORA ā€œ10ā€ and is now ā€œ01ā€!! :like:
Shows Build Week as Oct 15th!
So guess that is the soonest they can built it with MagnaRide? Not sure how that changed, but Iā€™m happy!

So breathing some relief here. Was figuring Nov build, but Oct is even better.

nikolai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Orange Fury GT
16 days in a railyard! My dealer says they are trying to reach out to the zone rep, but there is really nothing they can do. I donā€™t understand why if itā€™s on the ramp, why it just wouldnā€™t be loaded to a truck right away.
You would think the dealer could call them and find out why it's been staged for so long or maybe when they are planning to spot it for transport.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Finally got my VIN. Dealer said it should be built the week of Oct 15th.

2019 Mustang.png
Sponsored