Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
Thanks for the last few reply’s guys, makes me feel a bit better that there are at least a few of us in the same boat
Sponsored

Vicky_Sidhu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vicky
Vehicle(s)
Nissan platinum
Did you already get a VIN? So far I haven't gotten a single thing on my car.
Yes I got my vin on 08/21. But on 08/17 I chat on ford performance they told me that my mustang is scheduled then I talk with my dealer. next day dealer gave me the vin
B0413772-0A79-48C2-A0C8-B42B7E5C3A35.jpeg

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Well mine has been gate released and is now at the port waiting to be loaded for her trip across the pond :like:

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
So, after my second EDD on COTUS went to zero days earlier today I got an update of 18 days until EDD and still showing 'awaiting transit'! I was just about to cancel my order, or call the sales manager and read the riot act, and make a play for a 2018 GT350. Ford inventory search has (44) 2018 GT350s within 100 miles! And the "improved" 2019s are just about to hit the order banks so I smell buyer's market on all of these 2018s. Some dealers are still trying to gouge and put mark-ups on 2018s and some are giving 2k to 3k off of MSRP. Please don't pay ADM on a 2018 GT350. Anyway, after contacting my sales rep about my frustration of getting delivery COTUS now shows 'in transit' and 8 days to delivery. If the 8 days turns out to be bogus it's hello GT350 for me.

Sponsored

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ‘21 Mustang Mach-1
Well, this is not what I was looking for. I finally got my very first COTUS update last night. Double checked my order number, dealer code and this is what I ended up with below. Those numbers are correct but completely wrong vehicle. DEFINITELY NOT what I ordered. This happen to anyone else?
5AA59D7E-3BFC-4CC0-8C30-533E9B800260.png

nikolai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Orange Fury GT
Since my car has been in the unloading lot waiting to get delivered to the dealer for 12 days, I figured I'd convey a panic educing story. My wife's friend ordered a Ford Transit Passenger Van from a dealer in Denver. Yea like the huge vans that seat like 14 people. Any way, she ordered this van and it sat in the rail unloading lot for 7 weeks before getting delivered. And after the van was delivered to the dealer, they found out that the dealer had put in the order wrong (missed some options). So they had to order again...

I think this Union Pacific lot in Rolla, CO has issues. One would think that Ford would have some sort of contract with the transit operators to deliver the car within a certain time. If mine sits for another couple weeks, I may just cancel my order and try to find something on a dealer lot. Ugh.

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Those numbers are correct but completely wrong vehicle. DEFINITELY NOT what I ordered. This happen to anyone else?
Anybody find this odd: Dealer says that they can have multiple vehicles with the same order number. So for my order of “L256” it’s my Mustang and an F-250. Truck’s order date was 7/26. Mine 7/28. Same order number and Dealer code.
Problem is I won’t be able to see any tracking in COTUS because the truck’s EDD is 10/5!, any only the truck shows up in COTUS now. Took 4 weeks of nothing then this truck. So I guess that means I’m after the truck delivery??
This does not make sense to me. Reminds me of Y2K coding. “We only have 4 digits to run the whole ordering system for this billion dollar company.”
Can anyone shed some light on this? Anyway I can get my order info beyond this truck in COTUS? Or some other source?

GDDYP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Fastback (ETA 9/15/18), 1961 Thunderbird Hardtop
Anybody find this odd: Dealer says that they can have multiple vehicles with the same order number. So for my order of “L256” it’s my Mustang and an F-250. Truck’s order date was 7/26. Mine 7/28. Same order number and Dealer code.
Problem is I won’t be able to see any tracking in COTUS because the truck’s EDD is 10/5!, any only the truck shows up in COTUS now. Took 4 weeks of nothing then this truck. So I guess that means I’m after the truck delivery??
This does not make sense to me. Reminds me of Y2K coding. “We only have 4 digits to run the whole ordering system for this billion dollar company.”
Can anyone shed some light on this? Anyway I can get my order info beyond this truck in COTUS? Or some other source?
Even with the same order number and same dealer number, it seems like putting in your last name would have differentiated your order from whoever is getting the truck?

And I'm not sure if this helps, but there are also two different pages (almost identical, one is http, one is https) where you can input your order info. Both have the same info displayed in different ways, the Ford order tracking page has a neat bar graph that shows the progress of your car's build.

https://www.cotus.ford.com (cotus)

http://www.cotus.ford.com (Ford order tracking)

Last edited:

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Even with the same order number and same dealer number, it seems like putting in your last name would have differentiated your order from whoever is getting the truck?

And I'm not sure if this helps, but there are also two different pages (almost identical, one is http, one is https) where you can input your order info. Both have the same info displayed in different ways, the Ford order tracking page has a neat bar graph that shows the progress of your car's build.

https://www.cotus.ford.com (cotus)

http://www.cotus.ford.com (Ford order tracking)
Thanks for the links. But no joy. Both sites show the same truck. And actually you can leave the name field blank and still get the data with just order and dealer numbers. So name has no bearing on the search. I just want to make sure there is no edit/replacing that happened at the dealer and I loose the 4 weeks I have been waiting so far.

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
A VIN # would be another was to access COTUS, but it sounds like you don't have one yet. Can Ford chat do anything without a VIN?

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
A VIN # would be another was to access COTUS, but it sounds like you don't have one yet. Can Ford chat do anything without a VIN?
Yes. You can give them the Order Number and Dealer Code and Last Name and they can check status. Actually, I believe they need only the first two to check a status, but if GT673 explains the situation and supplies a Last Name, they may be able to give a status for the desired vehicle instead of the truck.

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Yes. You can give them the Order Number and Dealer Code and Last Name and they can check status. Actually, I believe they need only the first two to check a status, but if GT673 explains the situation and supplies a Last Name, they may be able to give a status for the desired vehicle instead of the truck.
Thanks for info. I will get on the horn with someone from Ford rather than the dealer on this. Hopefully they can iron this out.
Sponsored