Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
drawing looks great! I just wish ford would move the louvers from the center of the hood so the stripe would not pass through them.
Sponsored

MAVERICKFORD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0
I just saw this and not trying to cause anything. But if the new hellcat is pushing 797 horsepower do you think Ford was late to the game with the Gt500 announcement. The teaser says Red797-62818 Rumors are the "red key" may have 797hp

[ame]

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I just saw this and not trying to cause anything. But if the new hellcat is pushing 797 horsepower do you think Ford was late to the game with the Gt500 announcement. The teaser says Red797-62818 Rumors are the "red key" may have 797hp
It's hard not to feel that Ford may have missed with this one. But we really don't have any firm information directly from Ford yet. Hopefully they were smart enough to realize that their competition will try to make improvements. There has certainly been lots and lots of time for the competition to make improvements. :headbonk:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
About 50 seconds of a mule cruising. Not really any different than what we’ve already seen/heard.

Yep, it was nothing spectacular. some guy with a cell phone pulling up along side a mule (which appeared to be in AZ) recording video front to rear. The car was cammo'd just like the latest videos.

I wonder why it got pulled?

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
Love how dodge does the marketing.

And I dont think that horsepower number means a lot at that point.

and the gt500 having less HP than the hellcat doesn't mean gt500 is behind.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Why oh why cant Ford do marketing like Dodge does..
I haven’t checked in at Camaro6 yet today, but I can imagine the angst will be very strong there. There’s more than a few who crave even Mustang levels of advertising.

In any event, my take on this is that it is FCA’s way of continuing to do a Demon, even after telling the world (especially the investors who snapped them up) that the Demon was a one year car. It’s 11 hp less than a Demon. Can do that without even changing the engine’s parts list. :shrug:

Sponsored

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
I haven’t checked in at Camaro6 yet today, but I can imagine the angst will be very strong there. There’s more than a few who crave even Mustang levels of advertising.

In any event, my take on this is that it is FCA’s way of continuing to do a Demon, even after telling the world (especially the investors who snapped them up) that the Demon was a one year car. It’s 11 hp less than a Demon. Can do that without even changing the engine’s parts list. :shrug:
Whether or not the car is viable doesn’t really even matter in this respect. They just show it off and build anticipation much better. Part of that is actually giving glimpses before it’s released, mich more than for the next 500. It’s only 11 hp less than a Demon, but I gauruntee that video gets a lot of people excited.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Love how dodge does the marketing.

And I dont think that horsepower number means a lot at that point.

and the gt500 having less HP than the hellcat doesn't mean gt500 is behind.
Who said this? It won't be less, FYI.

A Faster Horse

Strongest Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Ford marketing department for the Mustang has always suck. Instead of making interesting videos like this they'd rather have their cars debut on Good Morning America and other old school boring stuff like that.
Sponsored