2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Well said Harry. I just don’t understand how these fellas get brought in, thinking about selling my shares while they are up because I’m not so sure they won’t plummet soon after his vision goes south. Buy again when things start to look up. The main reason I started investing in ford was because of their performance line up. I think a lot of guys are just like me in that regard. With no performance line up why bother, only if the guy is knocking it out of the park. Shares have went up recently but nothing to call home about.
Sponsored

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Well the deadline to get $1300 off a whipple has passed .
Went back and forth ,but when I went to pull the trigger it was 12.01 and the code no longer works .:frusty:

Hope this GT 500 is worth the wait ! Lol

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Well the deadline to get $1300 off a whipple has passed .
Went back and forth ,but when I went to pull the trigger it was 12.01 and the code no longer works .:frusty:

Hope this GT 500 is worth the wait ! Lol
Like your style. It's a hard move...I'd want to get a ride in a whippled 350 before I did it to mine ;) Doesn't help that the lethal car went silent. :shrug:

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Like your style. It's a hard move...I'd want to get a ride in a whippled 350 before I did it to mine ;) Doesn't help that the lethal car went silent. :shrug:
Always gets quiet after the explosion....except the ringing in your ears. :D

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oh boy, its going to get ugly in here if it doesn't show up at the Detroit Show......and I'm not convinced it will.

I think the Bullitt is much more likely. I guess Ford could reveal 2 new Mustangs, but I'm thinking the Shelby is more likely to be at a different event....perhaps more along the lines of the of one of the SA events held either in Vegas or LA.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding out for a reveal in Detroit.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
While it may get mention in Detroit the word is it'll show up at another venue similar to what was done in Vegas with the GT350. Makes sense as the GT500 might overshadow the Bullitt and I could see why Ford may not want to do that.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Absolutely, as much as I'm looking forward to the Bullitt, the GT500 would overshadow it, for sure.

Much better for Ford to spread the reveals out a little to gain maximum exposure, both in terms of online and printed media.

Besides, there's a good chance the majority of '19 GT500 buyers will already own a Shelby, so reveal it directly at an event they're attending and you pretty much guarantee a certain level of sales :)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Absolutely, as much as I'm looking forward to the Bullitt, the GT500 would overshadow it, for sure.

Much better for Ford to spread the reveals out a little to gain maximum exposure, both in terms of online and printed media.

Besides, there's a good chance the majority of '19 GT500 buyers will already own a Shelby, so reveal it directly at an event they're attending and you pretty much guarantee a certain level of sales :)
I agree something like this makes more sense. The Ford press conference is 45 minutes long at NAIAS next month, which is 15 minutes more than other companies, so enough time to reveal Bullitt, Ranger and a GT500 (Ford revealed GT350R, Raptor and GT all in 30 minutes at NAIAS 2015). But I'm getting the feeling this year that the focus is on Bullitt, or maybe that's intentional for the possible GT500 surprise. It's anybody's guess until we get an official teaser but I'm betting on the NY Auto Show end of March is when GT500 will arrive at an auto show, with an online or Shelby event reveal a couple weeks before to line up with 2019 Mustang ordering opening up mid-March.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Bullitt should've been an LA reveal. Save the big stage for the heavy weapons. I like the Bulliitt but can't imagine many who want the GT500 being distracted by a GT with a cool appearance package.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
DBK(an inside info guy on another forum) mention not to go to the Detroit show. He did mention SOON, a couple weeks ago, that’s what made me think possibly before the NAIAS, possibly the dash shot of 1/12/18, before the auto show. Regardless, I don’t think it will be much longer after that, if it is. It may be the NYAS, but if they plan on building this thing for ‘19, I would think they would want to debut it at least a few months before build year begins.

Sponsored

wibled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2002 Thunderbird, 2021 Bronco Sp
I agree something like this makes more sense. The Ford press conference is 45 minutes long at NAIAS next month, which is 15 minutes more than other companies, so enough time to reveal Bullitt, Ranger and a GT500 (Ford revealed GT350R, Raptor and GT all in 30 minutes at NAIAS 2015). But I'm getting the feeling this year that the focus is on Bullitt, or maybe that's intentional for the possible GT500 surprise. It's anybody's guess until we get an official teaser but I'm betting on the NY Auto Show end of March is when GT500 will arrive at an auto show, with an online or Shelby event reveal a couple weeks before to line up with 2019 Mustang ordering opening up mid-March.
I'm hoping for a NY Auto Show introduction for the GT500 since I'll be there. The last GT500 was introduced there back in 2005. Of course Carroll Shelby will not be there this time :-(
IMG_0216.JPG

wibled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2002 Thunderbird, 2021 Bronco Sp
I totally agree with your assessment and thoughts about Jim Hackett.

It is one thing to run a $3B business that makes waste baskets, chairs and desks but to become President and CEO of a $150B automotive giant that is certainly a stretch for me. I believe that he may have been on the BOD for a few years at Ford but still does not make him qualified to run a show of this magnitude.

I would suggest that if Hackett does not succeed with his vision for Ford by the end of 2018 or early 2019 that it will not take very long for the Ford family to make another change.

Personally I thought that Mark Fields was well respected and did a reasonable job at Ford and wished that he was still there.

At the age of 72 I would like to see Alan Mulally come out of retirement or at least bring Mark back once Hackett does not get the job done.

I do not have a good feeling about Mr. Hackett but really hope that I am wrong!!

;)
I think the reason they got rid of Mark Fields was because of Ford stock prices. The thoughts were that it appeared to Wall Street that Ford was behind in Autonomous Vehicle development and Hackett would help the situation. He may do that but I'm afraid that current products may suffer. I hope that I'm wrong! Mark Fields seemed like a "car guy" but not Hackett. I don't know what all this big rush to autonomous cars is all about, personally I don't trust computers to completely drive cars, they crash every once in a while (computers not cars) and need to be rebooted (and I was in IT for 20+ years)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Look how many views this thread has. 222,xxx. That's a crapload of views. Get this thing to market already.
Haha
Sponsored