Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Yep! It's not like there's no interest! Got to be one of if not the most anticipated cars of 2018! No pressure Ford! :ford:
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Look how many views this thread has. 222,xxx. That's a crapload of views. Get this thing to market already.
Haha
Yep! It's not like there's no interest! Got to be one of if not the most anticipated cars of 2018! No pressure Ford! :ford:
Well,.......there ya have it Ford.
Let's go!! lol

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I don't know. I do see a little GT350 front air damn in the predators face! Let's call it menacing!! We don't want no pretty muscle car!

Pedal2Metal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2010 Shelby GT500, 2019 Explorer
I totally agree with your assessment and thoughts about Jim Hackett.

It is one thing to run a $3B business that makes waste baskets, chairs and desks but to become President and CEO of a $150B automotive giant that is certainly a stretch for me. I believe that he may have been on the BOD for a few years at Ford but still does not make him qualified to run a show of this magnitude.

I would suggest that if Hackett does not succeed with his vision for Ford by the end of 2018 or early 2019 that it will not take very long for the Ford family to make another change.

Personally I thought that Mark Fields was well respected and did a reasonable job at Ford and wished that he was still there.

At the age of 72 I would like to see Alan Mulally come out of retirement or at least bring Mark back once Hackett does not get the job done.

I do not have a good feeling about Mr. Hackett but really hope that I am wrong!!

;)
Your instincts about Hackett are on the mark...this article appeared Dec 22 on the
website www.thevirtualdriver.com:
"Just as we were about to write a few road tests and put this issue to bed, an unexpected call changed everyyhing. It forced us to stop what we were doing and
start making phone calls to verify what we'd been told as the long term implications
were potentally devastating. Not only was Ford planning to eliminate 10,000 ~
10,000! ~ engineering positions in its product development area, it had canceled
the clean sheet design for the 2021 Mustang and was considering whether Lincoln
had a future". They went on to say: "It's a story you're not going to find anywhere else,
and one that may make you question whether Ford can remain a viable, and full-line
automaker."
I'm not sure how much trust you can put in this article; but, it does raise concerns
about the future of our beloved Mustangs.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Your instincts about Hackett are on the mark...this article appeared Dec 22 on the
website www.thevirtualdriver.com:
"Just as we were about to write a few road tests and put this issue to bed, an unexpected call changed everyyhing. It forced us to stop what we were doing and
start making phone calls to verify what we'd been told as the long term implications
were potentally devastating. Not only was Ford planning to eliminate 10,000 ~
10,000! ~ engineering positions in its product development area, it had canceled
the clean sheet design for the 2021 Mustang and was considering whether Lincoln
had a future". They went on to say: "It's a story you're not going to find anywhere else,
and one that may make you question whether Ford can remain a viable, and full-line
automaker."
I'm not sure how much trust you can put in this article; but, it does raise concerns
about the future of our beloved Mustangs.
I wouldn't be so sure Bill doesn't step in and put his foot down, after all he still has large voting power. Sure, ford needs to trim some fat but if this is true, a lot of meat is coming off with the fat.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If they really do get rid of lincoln, Ford is doomed. I said in another thread and I'll say it here, I feel a big reason for ford's drop in stock price is that the company consists of only 2(!) brands. They can only really appeal to one market, and therefore, they don't reap the benefits of variety. Think about it this way: someone wants to buy a muscle car, they have Camaro, Challenger, or Mustang. Now, imagine that ford owned both Chevy and Dodge... no matter what the customer picked, ford would win! Without that variety, people are either buying Fords and Fords only, or Ford is losing money

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'll respectfully disagree.

When Alan Mulally took over the top job, it was rumoured one of his first comments was about the number of non-Fords in the executive car parks.......clearly those execs didn't think their own products were good enough for them.

Clearing the decks of the Premier Automotive Group (Jaguar/Aston Martin/Volvo/Mazda) was a very clever move. Apart from some aspects of Volvo/Mazda, there was little component sharing with other Fords....and it brought much needed $$ when the big 3 faced bankruptcy.

He also knew that if a product was good, it would sell. Ford's products under his guidance, and latterly Mr Field's, have been much, MUCH better, and once again Ford are very often the best in class. Whilst I'd argue the "One Ford" programme has meant a lack "Americana" in their cars (as a Brit, there's a reason I love American cars....they bucked the efficiency trend so common throughout the rest of the world)...."One Ford" has obviously saved them even more $$.

And that to me, at least, is why getting rid of thousands of development engineers pains me. It's those guys that give us the great product. And without that, Ford will suffer :(

Now, back on topic :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

When Alan Mulally took over the top job, it was rumoured one of his first comments was about the number of non-Fords in the executive car parks.......clearly those execs didn't think their own products were good enough for them.

Clearing the decks of the Premier Automotive Group (Jaguar/Aston Martin/Volvo/Mazda) was a very clever move. Apart from some aspects of Volvo/Mazda, there was little component sharing with other Fords....and it brought much needed $$ when the big 3 faced bankruptcy.

He also knew that if a product was good, it would sell. Ford's products under his guidance, and latterly Mr Field's, have been much, MUCH better, and once again Ford are very often the best in class. Whilst I'd argue the "One Ford" programme has meant a lack "Americana" in their cars (as a Brit, there's a reason I love American cars....they bucked the efficiency trend so common throughout the rest of the world)...."One Ford" has obviously saved them even more $$.

And that to me, at least, is why getting rid of thousands of development engineers pains me. It's those guys that give us the great product. And without that, Ford will suffer :(

Not a rumor, regarding Alan ;)

I'm a bit worried about Hackett as well, though friends say it feels better inside than it looks outside. We shall see.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

See, I agree that it was a smart move at the time to stay afloat during the recession, but I think now that the economy is looking good and Ford is looking great, it may be the time to expand the brand... not only to bring in more money and hold a larger corporate value, but also as a safety net for when the economy inevitably tanks again (which, for the car industry at least, is coming soon according to economists)

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
friends say it feels better inside than it looks outside.
My friends say the same thing about their wives, but I still wouldn't :cheers:
Sponsored