Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Is the Probe gonna make a comeback?... say it ain’t so, Joe.
Sponsored

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ian the Probe gonna make a comeback?... say it ain’t so, Joe.
Probe would have been cool...
with a mid engine v8 and 500+hp, if it looked like a lambo or Farrari of its time. What I'm basically getting at is, it would have needed to change entirely.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Probe would have been cool...
with a mid engine v8 and 500+hp, if it looked like a lambo or Farrari of its time. What I'm basically getting at is, it would have needed to change entirely.
I wonder how the 2nd gen Probe GT would have fared if it came stock with the commonly swapped 200hp KL-ZE instead of the crap KL-DE engine it got. Would have been a nice slot under the GT and over the v6 Mustang. I know swapped ones with just headers and tune they did like 14.8/9. Probably had better aero also. Sucked they were FWD.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Man I hope! You guys are great but I can't speculate for a whole nother year! Got see something soon!!

On a different note. If it is coming how do you think Ford plays it? Will they start dribbling out some teasers stuff or hide the thing up until they just pull the cover off? They seem to for go the teaser stuff for the big reveal. I kinda like the teaser picture myself.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Man I hope! You guys are great but I can't speculate for a whole nother year! Got see something soon!!

On a different note. If it is coming how do you think Ford plays it? Will they start dribbling out some teasers stuff or hide the thing up until they just pull the cover off? They seem to for go the teaser stuff for the big reveal. I kinda like the teaser picture myself.
lol
I hope it's not another year as well. I think they'll do the teaser shot. Might as well stay on it with the teasing us. lol

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Consider me off the bandwagon if this doesn’t come in 2018. I have other stuff in my sites for 2020 MY. Why get it just to dump it the same year.
Here’s to hoping we get some good news soon. Hopefully NO feelings of jelly club memberships.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I am really hoping so too .

Today is the last day at Lethal performance to get 15% of a whipple I had been considering for my GT 350.....at least till the next sale .

Looks like I am going to pass this year due to the anticipated reveal of the GT 500. I would hate to look back and say ...."could have had a GT 500"

Probably best to have all options including trading in the GT350 available,although it would be epic if I could add the GT 500 to the stable ....and leave the GT 350 unmolested.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
When is the Detroit auto show again?
If there is no announcement by then, the GT 350 becomes fair game for boost and I may even look at an A10 18GT with Roush option to keep the warranty.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
When is the Detroit auto show again?
If there is no announcement by then, the GT 350 becomes fair game for boost and I may even look at an A10 18GT with Roush option to keep the warranty.
1/14 4:30pm.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Consider me off the bandwagon if this doesn’t come in 2018. I have other stuff in my sites for 2020 MY. Why get it just to dump it the same year.
Here’s to hoping we get some good news soon. Hopefully NO feelings of jelly club memberships.
+1 patience is wearing thin! But there's nothing out there that really gets me going! So, wait we must!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Maybe Ford will throw us some little teasers here and there before the show in January? :headbonk: :rolleyes: I mean, it's only a few weeks away. Let's go! lol
I mean, what or whom are they hiding this car from so? :cool:

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
The days are running out that's for sure! Should be getting harder to keep it under wraps the closer the show gets. A whole magazine article on the ZR1 was leaked ahead of its release! If it is indeed going to be at the Detroit show we may see something any time now!'

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Also saw that Jim Hackett is killing the fusion... So, by 2022 MY, we'll probably have the focus and the mustang as our only sedans and an overload of crossovers and trucks. I really hate what Jim Hackett is doing to the company... I was afraid of this as soon as I saw they were outing Mark Fields for him. I really hope they get rid of Hackett SOON, he's taking the company down a real bad path
I totally agree with your assessment and thoughts about Jim Hackett.

It is one thing to run a $3B business that makes waste baskets, chairs and desks but to become President and CEO of a $150B automotive giant that is certainly a stretch for me. I believe that he may have been on the BOD for a few years at Ford but still does not make him qualified to run a show of this magnitude.

I would suggest that if Hackett does not succeed with his vision for Ford by the end of 2018 or early 2019 that it will not take very long for the Ford family to make another change.

Personally I thought that Mark Fields was well respected and did a reasonable job at Ford and wished that he was still there.

At the age of 72 I would like to see Alan Mulally come out of retirement or at least bring Mark back once Hackett does not get the job done.

I do not have a good feeling about Mr. Hackett but really hope that I am wrong!!

;)
Sponsored