2019 GT Oil Consumption Issues

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hey guys, I have 2020 Bullitt. Bought new back in April 2020. Put 1000 miles on it and changed the oil and filter. Pennzoil ultra platinum and Mobil 1 filter. Now I have 4,300 miles and Checked the oil it’s low. Did another oil change and got out only 9 quarts. I put in 10 so I went thru a quart in about 3,000 miles. I also noticed the dreaded knock when I went under the car . I only heard it then . What do you think?
I'd wait and see. My car was using a worrying amount of oil but now that I'm at 8500 miles it's chilled out a bunch. Now I'm at a quart in 2000 miles at worst if I'm beating on it often.
Sponsored

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
I'd wait and see. My car was using a worrying amount of oil but now that I'm at 8500 miles it's chilled out a bunch. Now I'm at a quart in 2000 miles at worst if I'm beating on it often.
I'd say a quart every 2,000 miles is a lot.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'd say a quart every 2,000 miles is a lot.
Not according to Ford :) You have to be burning a quart in 1000 now for them to even consider the possibility something is wrong, lol. Probably because they replaced too many engines.

In my case I'm not worried because the oil consumption is improving, not getting worse. When it's the other way around you've got problems. Not only that, but if I drive normally and don't hit redline like I normally do once a day, it doesn't use any oil at all. We'll see what it's like after 10,000 miles. My experience isn't unique at all either from what I've seen on here. No tick though, so victory there.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Not according to Ford :) You have to be burning a quart in 1000 now for them to even consider the possibility something is wrong, lol. Probably because they replaced too many engines.

In my case I'm not worried because the oil consumption is improving, not getting worse. When it's the other way around you've got problems. Not only that, but if I drive normally and don't hit redline like I normally do once a day, it doesn't use any oil at all. We'll see what it's like after 10,000 miles. My experience isn't unique at all either from what I've seen on here. No tick though, so victory there.
Post #10 in this thread (and Post #8) says there is no oil burning TSB that applies to the Mustang - unless something has changed since post #10 happened. There is one however for the F-150 Coyote, and it says more than 1 qt in 3000 miles is excessive consumption.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-gt-oil-consumption-issues.130255/#post-2693078

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Post #10 in this thread (and Post #8) says there is no oil burning TSB that applies to the Mustang - unless something has changed since post #10 happened. There is one however for the F-150 Coyote, and it says more than 1 qt in 3000 miles is excessive consumption.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-gt-oil-consumption-issues.130255/#post-2693078
Right, so a case like mine which is more than I'd like isn't going to get fixed, unfortunately. Unless it gets worse or blows up. I'm hopeful though that it will come around.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Post #10 in this thread (and Post #8) says there is no oil burning TSB that applies to the Mustang
There is one, but I didn't save it. It was for the Coyote Gen3 in general, and basically said it was normal to have oil consumption until 10K miles. It didn't specify how much in there, if I remember correctly. But yes, most manufacturers say up to 1-qt every 1K miles is normal (Ford included), which is absolute BS, as we all know.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
There is one, but I didn't save it. It was for the Coyote Gen3 in general, and basically said it was normal to have oil consumption until 10K miles. It didn't specify how much in there, if I remember correctly. But yes, most manufacturers say up to 1-qt every 1K miles is normal (Ford included), which is absolute BS, as we all know.
Maybe @Cobra Jet can chime in and verify since he seems to be on top of all SSM/TSBs, etc. I typically save them all when they are posted on this site and only have the one for the F-150, which is: Ford TSB 19-2058 - 5.0L - Excessive Oil Consumption.
Sponsored