Status
Not open for further replies.

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
No source, all speculation. No way the would leak the details first on the Camaro instead of the Vette. I do believe they may go with the A10 since it fits in the Camaro.
2019 vette specs have already been released on the corvette forums, it got a new paint and that's it. BUT Al O. the lead engineer behind the camaro has said repeatedly that the camaro no longer follows in the vettes footsteps and has all the ability to out power and perform the vette.

So just because the vette didn't get it first, doesn't mean the camaro wont.
Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
2019 vette specs have already been released on the corvette forums, it got a new paint and that's it. BUT Al O. the lead engineer behind the camaro has said repeatedly that the camaro no longer follows in the vettes footsteps and has all the ability to out power and perform the vette.

So just because the vette didn't get it first, doesn't mean the camaro wont.
Yeah, they said they are no longer protecting team Corvette.

That's the lovely thing about competition.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Over 40 years ago I remember debating with some of my buddies about big block vs small block and the phrase I remembered best was "there's no substitute for cubic inches". The truth is that if Ford came out with even a 5.5L engine, the torque and HP would increase dramatically. Chevy has refined the pushrod motor to be very efficient. However it still is antiquated compared to the DOHC Ford Coyote. GM got 82B$ and they're still using a refined 50s design. Can you imagine a 5.5 L Coyote let alone a 6.2 L? GM would never be able to compete.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. GM produces one of the best V8s in the world. I'm with you on Ford adding displacement. But if you applied the 5.0s tech to a larger displacement engine. It would be so big. It wouldn't fit in the engine bay.

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
Over 40 years ago I remember debating with some of my buddies about big block vs small block and the phrase I remembered best was "there's no substitute for cubic inches". The truth is that if Ford came out with even a 5.5L engine, the torque and HP would increase dramatically. Chevy has refined the pushrod motor to be very efficient. However it still is antiquated compared to the DOHC Ford Coyote. GM got 82B$ and they're still using a refined 50s design. Can you imagine a 5.5 L Coyote let alone a 6.2 L? GM would never be able to compete.
Ford already produces a 6.2 engine that makes less power/tq then GMs 6.2...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Speculation or not, competition is a good thing.!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
What's so hard to believe? That's about the same bump as the mustang just got. Those tail light looks awedome btw!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Actually comparing the 6.2 engine in the Camaro to the 6.2 in the pickup truck is just an attempt to discredit my comment. The truth is that Chevy couldn't make the power the Coyote makes with their design in 5 liters. Just a fact. The engine is not as efficient. There is a reason the Coyote costs more to make. It has 4 times as many camshafts. The cams are timed in a variable fashion. Can't do that with one camshaft sitting in the middle of a V-8. Comparing the Chevy 6.2 to the Coyote is like comparing a tube radio to one that has transisitors. Old technology. But, refined old technology :)

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The truth is that Chevy couldn't make the power the Coyote makes with their design in 5 liters. Just a fact. The engine is not as efficient.

"Efficient" is a bogus or at best, a vague metric to base an opinion on. Efficiency can mean so many different things, specific output being the only one the Coyote has over the LS/LT series which IMO is not very useful. The Coyote is not more fuel efficient, it isn't more weight/size efficient, and it definitely isn't more cost efficient.

Anyone who makes a claim one thing is more efficient than another is probably overlooking a whole bunch of different aspects with which one can make a comparison, and this is of all things in life.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Efficient referring to cubic inch vs HP. That was the discussion. Steam engines have more efficiency than an internal combusion engine as far as power for energy consumed. The Coyote is one of the best designed engines I know of in an American sports car. I'd like to see Chevy make a 7500rpm redline engine with their pushrod engine making the HP/cubic inch Ford does. That'll be a wait in my guess because they have not put the $$ into innovative engine engineering that Ford has.

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
oh... He's one of those guys. Gets a hard on over "efficiency" and "innovative technology"..

Have you ever heard the phrase " more then one way to skin a cat"

The pushrod Vs OHC is exactly that.

Claiming one to be flintstone tech while still producing the same amount of power doesn't really help the case of OHC being better...

But this argument is childish and probably been ran threw the dirt on this forum a hundred times, so ill end on that.

Last edited:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
460/5l = 92 HP/Liter SS 450/6.2 = 73 HP/Liter
This is what I am referring to. The Chevy needs more displacement to produce the same power. For a very long time that was the measure in determining bang for your buck in muscle cars. I guess I'm just old school.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Wow you die hard ford guys are sounding as bad as the guys over on that other website. The coyote is a great engine and guess what, so is the LS. What GM has been able to do with a push rod V8 is awesome. I guarantee if you would go and drive a vet or camaro you would change your mind. Unlike the coyote you don't have to wait until 4k rpms to realize your driving a V8. Me personally I dislike the feel of variable valve timing and all the stuff that can go with wrong with it. Go ahead ask me how I know.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.