Not open for further replies.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Dodge has done a similar thing to Chevy with the 6.4 SRT. Just maximizing the pushrod. Nothing new there. I come from the era of 427 MR FE Ford engines, 454 Chevy and 440 Mopars. That was 50 years ago. Put a roller cam and a few other goodies in those and they would, and did, make similar power to the Chevy and Mopar of today. They use displacement, not technology. If you just fuel inject instead of using a carburetor, roller cam, and electronic ignition any of the older muscle cars, you get similar horsepower. Ask ME how a I know.
Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Dodge has done a similar thing to Chevy with the 6.4 SRT. Just maximizing the pushrod. Nothing new there. I come from the era of 427 MR FE Ford engines, 454 Chevy and 440 Mopars. That was 50 years ago. Put a roller cam and a few other goodies in those and they would, and did, make similar power to the Chevy and Mopar of today. They use displacement, not technology. If you just fuel inject instead of using a carburetor, roller cam, and electronic ignition any of the older muscle cars, you get similar horsepower. Ask ME how a I know.
and get 9mpg, while never passing emissions and shuddering with cam overlap.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I guess that's why our mustang get so much better gas mileage than the camaro then!:headbonk:

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
The LT1 is more expensive than the Coyote Gen3, makes less power, and weighs the same. The only real advantage it has is off idle torque (great for a truck), but it's powerband falls on its face pretty quickly. Even tho my '69 Mach 1 has a similar power band (but with much more tq and hp), I would still prefer the more athletic power band of the Coyote vs the bottom heavy low rpm LT1. It's one of the reasons, personally, why I have not jumped into a C7.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The coyote is a fantastic engine. Just uses different technology to make power. Which one is better is simply a matter of which forum you happen to reside. I’ve wrenched on both. American V8s are the sh!t!

Sponsored

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
The LT1 is more expensive than the Coyote Gen3, makes less power, and weighs the same. The only real advantage it has is off idle torque (great for a truck), but it's powerband falls on its face pretty quickly. Even tho my '69 Mach 1 has a similar power band (but with much more tq and hp), I would still prefer the more athletic power band of the Coyote vs the bottom heavy low rpm LT1. It's one of the reasons, personally, why I have not jumped into a C7.
both cost around 10k and pretty sure i read that the lt1 made its power on 91 octane while the 5.0 used 93, could make up that 5hp your using to claim the 5.0 makes more power, all the while ignoring that the lt1 makes way more torque. both have there plus side and both are great motors

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
They are both very comparable engines. Have you test drove a C7?

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
They are both very comparable engines. Have you test drove a C7?
Yes I have, including having taken a C7 Z06 around a track for a few laps. I am not a fan at all how they (LT1/LT4) sound and their inability to sing into the higher rpm's. If the C8 really goes DOHC, I may jump over to the other side. But I am not interested in what Chevy is currently offering in the C7's due to their engines, as great looking as they are.

I very briefly looked at a camaro as well, but, also due to the same engine limitations as the C7, could not get past it's looks (barf) as well. The trunk is just not usable. I have a bunch of equipment I use for work and the C7 had a much more usable trunk.

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
both cost around 10k and pretty sure i read that the lt1 made its power on 91 octane while the 5.0 used 93, could make up that 5hp your using to claim the 5.0 makes more power, all the while ignoring that the lt1 makes way more torque. both have there plus side and both are great motors
The crate engines for the Coyote Gen2 costs a good 25% less or so than the LT1. I'm not sure about the Gen3 tho since they carry all the direct injection hardware now as well.

Sponsored

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Inability to rev into the higher rpm s. I thought I covered that.
C7s rev to 6500. The 15-17 GTs rev to 7000... and I think GT 18s 7250? That not that much more. And whats the big deal about reving that high anyways?

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
C7s rev to 6500. The 15-17 GTs rev to 7000... and I think GT 18s 7250? That not that much more. And whats the big deal about reving that high anyways?
Just more enjoyment out of wringing out the motor. Fuel cut off on the LT1 is at 6500, but that thing is out of breath by 6300 or so. You would be doing yourself a diservice taking it higher.

The '18 5.0 goes to 7500, which is pretty good. Not Voodoo good, but not bad.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Just more enjoyment out of wringing out the motor. Fuel cut off on the LT1 is at 6500, but that thing is out of breath by 6300 or so. You would be doing yourself a diservice taking it higher.

The '18 5.0 goes to 7500, which is pretty good. Not Voodoo good, but not bad.
I just prefer the low end kick in the pants of the LS/LT motors. But I can also see the enjoyment of high revs.

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
I just prefer the low end kick in the pants of the LS/LT motors. But I can also see the enjoyment of high revs.
Maybe it's just me getting used to the tq that I stop feeling that "kick". My 69 Mach 1 makes 490rwtq and peaks hp at 460rwhp @5500 rpm, and falls off pretty quickly like the LT1. It scoots pretty good, but I don't really feel a kick anymore. Same with my old modded 03 Cobra.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.