turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
That’s awesome man! Are you going to back off on the power a bit to help it last until you get your built motor ready? You can still get your NHRA license and work on your sixty and reaction times, to stay sharp and ready for when the built motor goes in.
I was thinking of upping boost. Send it!

Just kidding... Yes, going to move to the largest pulley that will fit on the setup, which i believe will be a 4.88. I have a 4.50 now. Going to back down on timing, too. If I can get the car together, get my licensing runs done - that'll be a win for the season.
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Huge thanks to @80FoxCoupe for the innovation to begin with and then sharing it with the world. I sent him my Procharger crank support mandrel and he had it machined and a half inch drive added to the top. Much appreciated, sir!

IMG_20210624_112644~2.jpg

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
damn, have not read this whole thread but thanks for taking the time to go through all this to post. the "table of contents" and the videos. lot of extra work and time setting up cameras, changing angles, etc and then posting. very helpful though :rockon:

good luck with the motor.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
damn, have not read this whole thread but thanks for taking the time to go through all this to post. the "table of contents" and the videos. lot of extra work and time setting up cameras, changing angles, etc and then posting. very helpful though :rockon:

good luck with the motor.
Thank you!!

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Are you planning on any additional mods to the stock long block? Ie, oil pump gears etc…
I’m pretty much in the same boat right now and will be ordering a factory long block this week. I’m going to do the opg’s & ts for sure, but I’m also considering gt350 primary chains and boss tensioners. I’m just not sure if they are so much better than the stock components. I’m also considering the mmr cooling mod. Just looking to keep this thin alive as long as possible.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Are you planning on any additional mods to the stock long block? Ie, oil pump gears etc…
I’m pretty much in the same boat right now and will be ordering a factory long block this week. I’m going to do the opg’s & ts for sure, but I’m also considering gt350 primary chains and boss tensioners. I’m just not sure if they are so much better than the stock components. I’m also considering the mmr cooling mod. Just looking to keep this thin alive as long as possible.
although a good plan. Where would one find studs at this time? Seems like no one wants to sell

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
although a good plan. Where would one find studs at this time? Seems like no one wants to sell
I probably won’t do head studs. I just feel weird about trying to do them one at a time. Like it could potentially disturb the head gasket seal.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
If you are referring to head studs plenty available .
Even Amazon has them in stock .
lol

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
If you are referring to head studs plenty available .
Even Amazon has them in stock .
lol
idk bro. Guys on FB talking about major vendors saying they’re months in backorder

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I don't think I'm going to do a lick to the engine. Bounce it in the car and go for the rest of summer.

Planning to get a new damper hub from ATI and have them hone it for the tolerances of the crank I get in the long block. I'll need to get a good mic. They'll do it for $40. I'm going to add the Crank Saver Stud instead of the bolt I used (although I had no issues). Add new flex plate bolts, too.

Larger procharger pulley and belt, tone down the timing. Let'er eat off the footbrake.
Sponsored