Sponsored

2018 Mustang Refresh (Prototype) First Look!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
See that's an aggressive front end fasica/look that should have been on it. It's a shame they go so generic.

Can't wait for the reveal...on pins waiting to see what's finally coming.
Agreed. Kind of reminds me of the Steeda fascia.....same design as the stock S550, just a little more aggressive. I really do like the shape of the headlamps though!

Nah, that reminds me of an upside down Camaro fascia. The current design is better, they'd need to go with something else.
Hmmm, that is the current fascia, just exaggerated!

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Agreed. Kind of reminds me of the Steeda fascia.....same design as the stock S550, just a little more aggressive. I really do like the shape of the headlamps though!

Hmmm, that is the current fascia, just exaggerated!
Yep..pretty much just more aggressive and harder lines and yah I agree those headlamps are waaaaay better looking.

I think Ford knows they need to give the Mustang a much more aggressive/signature front/lights so you know it's a Mustang coming up on you. Can't wait to see the reveal.

Sponsored

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
MR suspension is nice. I used to test the development dampers when delphi was still making them. The tech is now owned by a chinese company, BWI. The big benefit is smooth compliant ride when you're crusing and road hugging with you want to carve some corners.

Just a SWAG but the option would not be as much as some are guessing. I'd say around $1800-$2000.

Also keep in mind these dampers have position sensors that are used to calculate velocity and adjust the damping rate. Lowering the car a little won't have any affect but a 1" drop like most springs that are out now COULD negatively effect the system. Though I imagine if the option is available the market will respond with springs that are designed for the MR system.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
When I went to get my oil changed I talked to my salesman. He told me his manager just got back from Vegas and said the front and rear has changed. He didn't tell me much more other than it looks really good.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
When I went to get my oil changed I talked to my salesman. He told me his manager just got back from Vegas and said the front and rear has changed. He didn't tell me much more other than it looks really good.
I'm really curious on the rear end/light changes. I think we're going to see some new LED features and possibly an additional light feature on the back somewhere. I'm pretty much already sold on the front changes especially the hood.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
When I went to get my oil changed I talked to my salesman. He told me his manager just got back from Vegas and said the front and rear has changed...
This happens to all of us as we age. :shrug:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
New Key FOB Expected...
fob.jpg

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
New Key FOB Expected...

Not a fan. That set you show is what the current Fusion has already. I actually like the one the mustang has now. It is easier to use.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not a fan. That set you show is what the current Fusion has already. I actually like the one the mustang has now. It is easier to use.
Do people "use" the fob at all? I think I've used mine twice ever when I walked away and forgot to lock it with the handle touch.

I thought even the base has door handle touch to lock or unlock the door and the trunk has a physical button to unlock.

I guess I should ask if manual trans owners use the fob. Lots of auto owners probably use it for remote start.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Do people "use" the fob at all? I think I've used mine twice ever when I walked away and forgot to lock it with the handle touch.

I thought even the base has door handle touch to lock or unlock the door and the trunk has a physical button to unlock.

I guess I should ask if manual trans owners use the fob. Lots of auto owners probably use it for remote start.
The base does. I rarely ever use the key fob with the exception of rolling down the windows from time to time during the summer (manual, no remote start)
Sponsored