Sponsored

2018 Mustang Refresh (Prototype) First Look!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
*Sales numbers aside*
(please remember I put that caveat there before gunning me down with love)
Chevy offers MRC at various trims, and whether we like it or not, the Camaro is the current performance leader between Mustang and Camaro.
Granted -- Mustang equality is only a tune away, and is -- IMO -- a better value.
That said, I firmly feel that Ford has indeed started off conservatively with everything offered because they have a plan to continue to outperform, and outsell Camaro.
Historically in this game Ford will introduce something to get one up on Camaro from a performance perspective -- and it's so close. There may not be a lock on MRC -- but I would be astonished to learn that it wasn't being seriously discussed, with all variations being looked at relative to economies of scale (put on every car -- unit price looks like A, put on special edition -- unit price looks like B, offer as option, expect to have the box checked x times and it costs C). Of course it comes down to dollars. But you have to spend money to make money, and have to bring it all forward, or become irrelevant.
This is true if you look back a new feature always comes in on luxury cars or high dollar specialty cars usually in 5 years or so it becomes available and even common on everyday cars, navigation is a prime example.
Sponsored

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Any chance they will flex fuel the 18s for that additional 10 15hp lol ?

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I am very interested for 2018. But unless something major changes on the weight or performance side. I'll probably just mod the 2015, trickle it with GT350 goodies and start squirreling away cash for the S650.
Ditto. The more I think about it the more I feel like jumping on the end-of-year incentives next year on the 2017 models, so I can pick up a Premium with the options I want. I have to imagine 2017 will be a slow year for the Mustang, and as the 2018 release nears, we will get some really nice discounts on the 17s.

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Ditto. The more I think about it the more I feel like jumping on the end-of-year incentives next year on the 2017 models, so I can pick up a Premium with the options I want. I have to imagine 2017 will be a slow year for the Mustang, and as the 2018 release nears, we will get some really nice discounts on the 17s.
I got almost 7500 off my 16 when the 17s began production.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
2018 2018 2018 2018 !! wow !!

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Exactly.

And not necessarily soon. My guess is it won't be part of a refresh.

Magneride alone isn't going to sell vehicles. It would be a cool option to have, but it's not an option Ford is going to make much money off of, unlike the GTPP where a huge percentage of GTs are optioned with.
Tell that to my wife. I've driven my GT Premium PP all of 400 miles and she can't how rough the suspension is. If I could have paid an extra 3k for magnetorheological dampers, I would have. She said she would rather my next car be a shelby or a corvette for this reason alone.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I see no purpose in the suspension honestly... If you'll daily it more than anything... Just don't get a track pack..

Regardless, I only see it being an option at most in future models or remaining on high tier mustangs.

Sponsored

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Still lurking about...

[MENTION=6746]chazcron[/MENTION] -- are you out there? See the Bat symbol in the sky?
Thanks for the shoutout. I missed the new pix. I've gotta be honest, for me, there's not enough "there" there yet. The new camouflage is downright confounding. (My previous efforts might have had something to do with the improvements.) While I did a good bit of speculative renders while in full bra and camo on the S550, it was a whole new body shape, lots to glean from. This time around, unfortunately, there isn't enough to go by yet. I didn't do anything significant until the track pix with the front bra removed hit M6G. That was the impetus for my 3D render. Long time followers might recall that after my renders nailed the 05 Mustang redesign, I did few renders of the first refresh of the SN95 for the same reason.

I've also gone from a full-time job which let me dick around with my renders when it was slow, to being a full-time freelancer. I no longer have a lot of free time for speculative renders. And to top it off, the latest version of my OS doesn't work with my low end 3-D modeling program anymore. :doh:

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread and any new ones that include enough information for me to add something meaningful to the conversation.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Heck how many people get the Adaptive Cruise control option now? Guessing not many, but still offered.
Collision avoidance is going to be required by the government soon, so that will kinda comes with it. I wanted it and the dealer talked me out of it.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
MagneRide as a standalone option, wouldn't be a bad idea.

Heck how many people get the Adaptive Cruise control option now? Guessing not many, but still offered.
Wanted all the tech on my CS and in the UK its very rare, even with a few imports. My passengers find it well cool. Mind you what a strange package to be put with the auto wipers which i def wanted

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Thanks for the shoutout. I missed the new pix. I've gotta be honest, for me, there's not enough "there" there yet. The new camouflage is downright confounding. (My previous efforts might have had something to do with the improvements.) While I did a good bit of speculative renders while in full bra and camo on the S550, it was a whole new body shape, lots to glean from. This time around, unfortunately, there isn't enough to go by yet. I didn't do anything significant until the track pix with the front bra removed hit M6G. That was the impetus for my 3D render. Long time followers might recall that after my renders nailed the 05 Mustang redesign, I did few renders of the first refresh of the SN95 for the same reason.

I've also gone from a full-time job which let me dick around with my renders when it was slow, to being a full-time freelancer. I no longer have a lot of free time for speculative renders. And to top it off, the latest version of my OS doesn't work with my low end 3-D modeling program anymore. :doh:

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread and any new ones that include enough information for me to add something meaningful to the conversation.
Thanks for the explanation, Chaz! I still still appreciate the amazing work you did on the '15.:cheers:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm still amazed than nothing leaked from the dealer presentation in Vegas last month. Either Ford have some stand-up employees.......top notch security......or buttoned down NDAs. Probably a mixture of all three.

Right now, I'd settle for knowing what show the '18 will be revealed at. At least then I wouldn't have to keep hit F5 on this thread every 2 minutes :headbonk:

: pleaseletitbeLAasIcan'twaituntilnextyear : :ford:
Sponsored