Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
On a side note. The place that dynos my cars has a drag race simulator. You rev the car and launch it on a dyno. In my case. 5000rpm trans brake launch. And you run out a 1/4 miles worth of distance. The dyno at PONSE performance was surprising close on it's estimate. It said I would run 10.3@126. I went to the track that night and ran a 10.5@126. It's just something that's fun to do after a dyno session. I highly recommend it!:headbang:
Hehe well now...that's a nice dyno session. Also its helpful because you now know and understand what the car is capable of and if your way off, its track conditions or driver mod !

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Ford quotes 460hp. That has to be theminimum, and does not need to be as per SAE certification when it leaves the production line.

Also, 460hp would be for the quiet mode with extra baffles in the exhaust. There's going to be a slight increase with the exhaust open.

Driveline efficiency will be better known once the manuals are thrown on the same dynos.

But no one is tor.. talking about the elephant in the room.

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Ford quotes 460hp. That has to be theminimum, and does not need to be as per SAE certification when it leaves the production line.

Also, 460hp would be for the quiet mode with extra baffles in the exhaust. There's going to be a slight increase with the exhaust open.

Driveline efficiency will be better known once the manuals are thrown on the same dynos.

What elephant are you referring too?

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP

yeah... these things are pushing 600+ horsepower for sure... maybe more... a lot more.

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
What elephant are you referring too?
The much-improved acceleration is a result of several incremental improvements, and not just one thing. Improvements in power and torque, closely stacked gears, better launch from gearbox, improved efficiency in the gearbox, better tyres, and softening magneto shocks in launch mode, all combine to register a 12.0, and unless I've missed it, I'm confident a sub 12 is possible. You could apply all those improvements to a 2015 barring the power increase and you'd still get a very low 12, so I don't think an additional "65hp" is required to hit 119mph.

/Where does torque peak in this engine? Only reference I can find is 4600rpm.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Our buddy Kundan, or as some may know him by the name Ecobeast, came by with his 2018 Performance Pack GT Today. We strapped her down on the dyno and made an astonishing 425RWHP SAE on a bone stock 18 GT 10 speed. I would say that's pretty damn impressive!
Stay tuned to see what we do next to his car!
How come you say it was tested in 6th but video shows 8th gear?

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
To be fair "unicorns" do exist. I was at a mustang meet where 4 guys had dealer fresh 03 Cobras. I don't remember the exact numbers but they were all pretty close except one for some reason made 10whp more than the other 3 on all 3 of his pulls. It was stock down to the filter and tires.

Would 10HP matter much on the track? No. Not really. But it was still odd. I've seen an SVT Focus do the same at a gathering one too. One put down more power than other stock SVTf's for some reason.

Doesn't stop his vid from being funny.

Sadly it was the guys @ JDM telling him those numbers too. Saying it was 17% loss from the A10. Like I said in my post above if the tranny is working @ 10%, and being chilly the last few days, he's probably JUST over 470HP. So hes still in line with the average most are making.
JDM was giving ballpark numbers, he took what he wanted to hear and made 500+hp.

[ame]
12:20
"I am walking uhh...full bolt on... e-85 15 and 16 uhh mustang gts". Like 9:25 didn't happen.

I would love to run the unicorn.
I only dyno at 415 so I cant hold a stick to his 500hp, but I trap 120 burning first in 2100+ DA.:)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
JDM was giving ballpark numbers, he took what he wanted to hear and made 500+hp.

"I am walking uhh...full bolt on... e-85 15 and 16 uhh mustang gts". Like 9:25 didn't happen.

I only dyno at 415 so I cant hold a stick to his 500hp, but I trap 120 burning first in 2100+ DA.:)
Id love to race that knuckhead with his 2.3 sixties.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Thanks, that makes way more sense. The 1% is all about repeatability with the test engine, not repeatability across all production engines. Other notable quotes -

"No data shall be taken until torque and speed measurements have remained stable within 1% and controlled temperatures have remained stable within ± 2 °C for at least 1 minute"

1% is all about test methodology, not manufacturing tolerance across a production line. Heck, the minimum equipment accuracy for torque is 1%, so (assuming you are using the minimum required equipment) you are already at your 1% error budget when you start.

And from the article "SAE allows a one-percent tolerance between the number that the witness observes and the horsepower rating that a manufacturer chooses to publish."

Sponsored

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette

Ohhhh but he was spinning! Ohh the horror!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
That 10-speed auto is definitely quick off the line.

bill@cjpp

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
Is the 425 rwhp reading at the spike at the end of the run? If so, seems to make closer to 420 rwhp at the true peak. Still impressive. I would like to see a clean run to its redline.

I saw that too, right at 150 mph in 4th on the manual, and 7th on the auto, you hit the limiter. I have seen a few bump up like that. Mine just hit that and stopped and I saw a VERY repeatable 420/390 with my manual. Like 4 pulls in a row within less than 1/2 hp/tq. No matter what math you use the cars are making at least advertised HP.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I saw that too, right at 150 mph in 4th on the manual, and 7th on the auto, you hit the limiter. I have seen a few bump up like that. Mine just hit that and stopped and I saw a VERY repeatable 420/390 with my manual. Like 4 pulls in a row within less than 1/2 hp/tq. No matter what math you use the cars are making at least advertised HP.
Sounds like the 6spd is making about 5whp more then than the A10. That's VERY respectable for the auto to be that efficient. Thats within a margin of error.

Sounds like the gearing in the A10 allowing you to be in your power band better/longer than the manual is the edge it brings. Otherwise its a drivers race.(if the A10 was a 6spd it would probably be dead even)
Sponsored