Vehicle Showcase

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I want to hear the "active exhaust" with this mod! :headbang:

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
alot of 15-17 parts actually bolt up to the 18.
Quad tips catbacks (ones that fit roush rear valence)
Auto drive shafts
Halfshafts

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Now I know what to add to the xmas wish list. :)

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Now what about the other way? ie. taking an '18 stock exhaust and putting it on a '15-'17? Outside of the rear valance, I figure it'd work.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Now what about the other way? ie. taking an '18 stock exhaust and putting it on a '15-'17? Outside of the rear valance, I figure it'd work.
Yeah it'd bolt up and as long as you have the Roush or 18 valence, would be a great and probably relatively cheap exhaust upgrade from stock. I reckon they'll sell for quite a bit more than a stock 15-17 exhaust, but will be still a lot cheaper than an aftermarket catback.

T-Bone68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP
The stance of the car looks really good after mods. Curious what wheel size and springs they put on.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I test drove an 18 yesterday .
Non premium/non active exhaust /10 speed
No change in the interior but the steering wheels is thicker and has what feels like Nappa leather(feels like the one in my S4)

I was blown away by the stock exhaust.it sounds awesome especially when it "burps " when the transmission rev matches during down shifts .

The engine is also so smooth (as smooth as the S4) and it's fast . I can only imagine it with a dealer installed TVS -that's what I would get as I am tired of modding cars and losing that OEM like drivability and feel.

If I did not need AWD for these damn Indiana winters I swear I would have traded the S4 in there ......and I think the wife would be mad at the idea of a fourth mustang !
LOL.
Still scheming how I can get one but too many cars right now !

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I hope someone does an H-pipe soon too.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove an 18 yesterday .
Non premium/non active exhaust /10 speed
No change in the interior but the steering wheels is thicker and has what feels like Nappa leather(feels like the one in my S4)

I was blown away by the stock exhaust.it sounds awesome especially when it "burps " when the transmission rev matches during down shifts .

The engine is also so smooth (as smooth as the S4) and it's fast . I can only imagine it with a dealer installed TVS -that's what I would get as I am tired of modding cars and losing that OEM like drivability and feel.

If I did not need AWD for these damn Indiana winters I swear I would have traded the S4 in there ......and I think the wife would be mad at the idea of a fourth mustang !
LOL.
Still scheming how I can get one but too many cars right now !
I live in Chicago. You can do just fine in the snow with some Blizzaks. I have embarrassed many an SUV at lights in the snow and slush. I wouldn't let that stop you if you were ok with driving it in the winter to begin with. You don't need the AWD crutch with good snow tires.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I live in Chicago. You can do just fine in the snow with some Blizzaks. I have embarrassed many an SUV at lights in the snow and slush. I wouldn't let that stop you if you were ok with driving it in the winter to begin with. You don't need the AWD crutch with good snow tires.
Not to derail this thread but I drove through Indiana winters for 5 years in an E90 M3 on blizzacks (and before that in my 2005 GT on Michelin X) before I traded it for the S4 in 2013 (got stock one day and got mad so traded it the next day -was also out of warranty ).

Before then I too had repeated that myth of snow tires/RWD being as good as AWD .May be with all seasons but I run blizzacks on the S4 as well and I can tell you it's not even close .Never again am I going back .

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Gosh the stock exhaust sounds a ton better than the 15-17. The X-pipe makes it louder but not as tinny & raspy like the 15-17 w/ an X only does. Well done Ford on the new stock mufflers. There will be quite a lot more people keeping stock exhaust, or with resonator delete only, methinks.

The unloaded revving sounded surprisingly similar to a GT350 in quiet mode.
It's a manlier version of a tuner civic sound. It's too Euro. But I'm old, so what do I know.

I'm partial to the 13-14 GT500 stock exhaust.

Resonators .... LOL. Ford should just offer cars with the resonator deleted. They could put a heavy plastic piece in there that comes off if you kick it hard enough. Oh, and charge people like 50.00 for the 'option'. :lol::headbonk::headbonk:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Did you just liken a 5.0 american V8 exhaust sound to a Honda Civic?
Sponsored